Zac Dysert...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think a lot of people here might be thinking how they would handle the QB situation, and some of those thoughts are actually pretty dang good, but I have a feeling Keim and Arians are of a different opinion. He might not be pegged as the long term starter but he might be what they want as a future back up. All I know is this. Physically Zac fits everything that Arians would want in a QB and was compared to Big Ben coming out of the draft, breaking Roethlisberger's records from the same college they attended. Then we appear to have a very telling act on the Cardinals behalf by putting him on the active roster to prevent other teams from taking him, though he is not active for the games. I am not saying this is right, but I think the Cardinals think high of him

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a lot of people here might be thinking how they would handle the QB situation, and some of those thoughts are actually pretty dang good, but I have a feeling Keim and Arians are of a different opinion. He might not be pegged as the long term starter but he might be what they want as a future back up. All I know is this. Physically Zac fits everything that Arians would want in a QB and was compared to Big Ben coming out of the draft, breaking Roethlisberger's records from the same college they attended. Then we appear to have a very telling act on the Cardinals behalf by putting him on the active roster to prevent other teams from taking him, though he is not active for the games. I am not saying this is right, but I think the Cardinals think high of him
They were high on logan thomas too
I think they look at him as a future back up at best

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
They were high on logan thomas too
I think they look at him as a future back up at best

Their thoughts on Thomas does nothing to disprove my belief. Thomas failed but they are going to have to be high on anyone they hope to groom for the position regardless :)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their thoughts on Thomas does nothing to disprove my belief. Thomas failed but they are going to have to be high on anyone they hope to groom for the position regardless :)
But honestly, how many people here were reluctant about drafting thomas?
They were pretty sure about his inability to be an effective thrower in the nfl
Since arizona is under the wings of duo
Arians keim, they were not able to see what was really good at qb
First thomas drafted
Then lindley playing the playoff
A 7th rounder for Barkley

U and other guys here ( with great football knowledge)wouldnt have taken those decisions

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
But honestly, how many people here were reclutant about drafting thomas?
First thomas drafted

U and other guys here ( with great football knowledge)wouldnt have taken those decisions

You know, I was right on Russell Wilson coming out of college. I had him rated in my mind higher than Luck or Griffin and still do but then I also thought Leinart was legit and look how he turned out. I thought David Carr was good coming out but he was a product of being crushed on a expansion team and his value wasted, and his brothers success does not shock me in the least. Then I thought Sorensen was special but he has existed in anonymity on and off the Charger practice squad. I would think my opinion of QB is obviously flawed. I am not saying Dysert is the right direction, but only saying what the Cardinals think at the moment and if anything their recent sordid history with young signal callers just proves my point lol

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I believe another team tried to sign him recently, so we had to put him on the roster. As far as development projects go...why not? Honestly, I don't want to see another year with Stanton as the back-up. Interesting tidbit - Dysert was a 3 time Captain at Miami (Ohio).

Here is some tape on Dysert vs Ohio State. He made some really nice throws and missed a few too but look at how many passes were dropped by his WR's!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dysert is the first 3rd string QB that I have heard Palmer and BA mention in a positive light so early - so they seem to be high on him. Barkley was here the entire 2015 season and at the end, not much was said; they call Dysert smart and accurate. So there is something they like about him beyond just talking him up.

I don't think that means we don't go for another QB - but this draft class is not a good one, so I wouldn't be surprised if we draft one in round 4 or later; or not at all if they like Dysert and bring in an UDFA.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I believe another team tried to sign him recently, so we had to put him on the roster. As far as development projects go...why not? Honestly, I don't want to see another year with Stanton as the back-up. Interesting tidbit - Dysert was a 3 time Captain at Miami (Ohio).

Here is some tape on Dysert vs Ohio State. He made some really nice throws and missed a few too but look at how many passes were dropped by his WR's!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He does not have Big Ben's arm strength in the comparison draft pundits correlated but that just means he has a cannon instead of a rocket and can still make all the throws. I think his accuracy is flawed in the middle of the field at times but he can run with the rock too similar to Ben. I just have a funny read on the Cardinal brain trust on this one and the fact there is the Roethlisberger nostalgia for Arians makes it very plausible in my opinion

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I will add this. In college I do not think he was asked to or rather could read a defense because he was under constant pressure and he had like three seconds tops to deliver the pass to less than stellar WRs... this will be interesting to watch, but I suspect he will be on the roster even at the expense of Stanton or rather we are not going to draft anyone with a legit chance to stick :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will add this. In college I do not think he was asked to or rather could read a defense because he was under constant pressure and he had like three seconds tops to deliver the pass to less than stellar WRs... this will be interesting to watch, but I suspect he will be on the roster even at the expense of Stanton or rather we are not going to draft anyone with a legit chance to stick :)

This is very encouraging to hear. I hope you are right about Dysert. It would solve a lot of problems.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When was the last time Palmer had 3 seconds???

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
This is very encouraging to hear. I hope you are right about Dysert. It would solve a lot of problems.

Hey, I have not really seen him play in the pros. I am just citing his traits in college which is a completely different story from the NFL. He might be complete doo doo now, a weird thing happens to most QBs when they enter the pros. There are so many increased variables, their career sinks mon :titanic:

I just think BASK sees something we do not, and I am not saying they're right :)

Last edited:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
But honestly, how many people here were reluctant about drafting thomas?
First thomas drafted

Honestly you can say that about every coach or GM in the game. How many times have teams missed on first round picks much less fourth rounder's?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This forum is really bizarre. Instead of focusing on the draft, where franchise QBs are found, so many of you are so fascinated by the fiction of "maybe theres a secret elite backup on another team." Always talking about Glennon, and Dysert, and Jones, and recently Garoppolo. Feel free to discuss it rhetorically, but just know truly all these guys are garbage backup QBs. Thats why they are backup QBs.

Only the trash teams like the Browns are looking for franchise QBs on other teams depth charts.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This forum is really bizarre. Instead of focusing on the draft, where franchise QBs are found, so many of you are so fascinated by the fiction of "maybe theres a secret elite backup on another team." Always talking about Glennon, and Dysert, and Jones, and recently Garoppolo. Feel free to discuss it rhetorically, but just know truly all these guys are garbage backup QBs. Thats why they are backup QBs.

Only the trash teams like the Browns are looking for franchise QBs on other teams depth charts.

I've found some good things in the dumpster. :)

I don't see any harm in looking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen