Your week 1 starting QB is?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geno Smith

I wish he were available at #7 but I believe he will be gone. It would be a win for the Cardinals as they can trade the pick for a boatload or keep him if he is on their radar.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is totally possible the starting QB is not on this roster and I don't believe Geno Smith will be our pick.

That being said if Arians feels good about Geno Smith and he is still available I'm fine with that.

However, I believe we will trade down not once but twice in the first round. We will stockpile some extra picks not only for the 2013 draft but also for the 2014 draft.

I believe we will take a QB and I would'nt be shocked if it were a guy like Scott in the third or a late second that we will have acquired from previously mention trades. If it is Matt Scott I would not be shocked if he was our starting QB on opening day.

I'm sure when Russell Wilson was drafted nobody thought he would be the starter for the Seahawks and I doubt Arians is afraid to hand the reigns to a rookie.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I won't be very optimistic with Stanton rolling in as our week 1 starter. He is unproven, and I really don't think Geno will be there at number 7. I guess we gotta get behind our coaching staff and FO concerning Stanton.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It looks like we are going to go with what we got after cutting Skelton or Lindley. Personally, I would cut them both and draft anyone to groom and give a chance to down the line. I hope Stanton is a winner. I know nothing about him except that he has been around and not had a chance to be a starter and show what he can really do.

That isn't a bad thing really. We will address our other weak points now. I was all for giving Kolb a true shot at it, so I guess I shouldn't mind giving that same shot to Stanton.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It looks like we are going to go with what we got after cutting Skelton or Lindley. Personally, I would cut them both and draft anyone to groom and give a chance to down the line. I hope Stanton is a winner. I know nothing about him except that he has been around and not had a chance to be a starter and show what he can really do.

Cut Skelton/Lindley and draft OL 1st round, and a QB in the 2nd round. Have Hoyer/Stanton/Rookie duke it out over training camp, maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle at the QB position.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stanton
/debate

knows the coach and his system, and is the best QB on the roster. I don't see how it couldn't be

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stanton week 1, week 6 drafted rookie, with a bit of luck Geno.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stanton
/debate

knows the coach and his system, and is the best QB on the roster. I don't see how it couldn't be

To be honest I don't know much about this guy. I have no idea what to expect...

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
The Cardinals are not drafting Geno Smith at number 7. No way.

It'll either be Stanton or another QB who was drafted later.

BTW- How is it possible that Skelton and Lindley are still on the roster?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Stanton. And I'm down with Drew.

Tyler Wilson, our second round pick, will be waiting in the wings if Stanton Stumbles.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut Skelton/Lindley and draft OL 1st round, and a QB in the 2nd round. Have Hoyer/Stanton/Rookie duke it out over training camp, maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle at the QB position.

Exactly.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drew Stanton.

Who is going to fit right in with the QBs of the past couple of seasons.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm curious to see if BA chooses his starter early and sticks with him for an extended period of time unlike what Whiz did with his QBs. I believe if we choose our starter early in training camp and stick with him all the way into the regular season we might just see some better results. I mean it's possible that all of our QBs suck regardless, but it would be nice to see one of them actually get a good chance to succeed.