Your view on starters potential

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The question I have asked myself since the draft is whether or not the young core has enough talent (with exception of a few guys who can be added in free agency) to develop and eventually be a true championship contender? The answer to this question is what needs to drive the organizations direction.

The issue is there are a few guys that are very difficult to judge their potential at this point, particularly Bender and Chriss.

Name your opinion on the CEILING of the following dudes, here would be mine:

Ullis:
19ppg, 9 assists, above average steals and average defense (im higher on him than most)

Chriss:
20ppg (off ball scorer), 7.5 rpg, above average defense. I see some potential for lamarcus aldridge here

Bender:
Ive got not guess at this point but i dont see a killer instinct to be a great scorer.

Dbook:
Skys the limit. 31ppg, 6 assists, 4 rpg, average at best defense

Len:
9ppg (not enough of an edge or mindset to do more), 11rpg, 2bpg

Derrick jones:
10ppg, 5rpg, above average defense. (Not high on him, there are plenty of guys with freak athleticism and no real basketball IQ or good mechanics)

Allan williams:
10ppg, 13.5rpg, average on ball defense and poor help side and pick and roll defense

Josh Jackson: (really not fair to make any projection at this point but i think he has a very high FLOOR, these are his floor projections). He has no true bust potential to me.

14ppg (off ball scoring), 6rpg, 3 apg, 1.5spg, 1bpg, and above average defense

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The question I have asked myself since the draft is whether or not the young core has enough talent (with exception of a few guys who can be added in free agency) to develop and eventually be a true championship contender? The answer to this question is what needs to drive the organizations direction.

The issue is there are a few guys that are very difficult to judge their potential at this point, particularly Bender and Chriss.

Name your opinion on the CEILING of the following dudes, here would be mine:

Ullis:
19ppg, 9 assists, above average steals and average defense (im higher on him than most)
Yeah, no kidding. Those numbers would put him at 10th in the league for scoring and tied for 4th with Chris Paul. HIGHLY overrating him here, but at least you admit it.

Chriss:
20ppg (off ball scorer), 7.5 rpg, above average defense. I see some potential for lamarcus aldridge here

Bender:
Ive got not guess at this point but i dont see a killer instinct to be a great scorer.

Dbook:
Skys the limit. 31ppg, 6 assists, 4 rpg, average at best defense

Len:
9ppg (not enough of an edge or mindset to do more), 11rpg, 2bpg

Derrick jones:
10ppg, 5rpg, above average defense. (Not high on him, there are plenty of guys with freak athleticism and no real basketball IQ or good mechanics)

Allan williams:
10ppg, 13.5rpg, average on ball defense and poor help side and pick and roll defense

Josh Jackson: (really not fair to make any projection at this point but i think he has a very high FLOOR, these are his floor projections). He has no true bust potential to me.

14ppg (off ball scoring), 6rpg, 3 apg, 1.5spg, 1bpg, and above average defense

How did you come up with these numbers? Derrick Jones has shown nothing to give the idea he could sustain those numbers--he might not even stick with the team next season and will almost certainly be outplayed by Jared Dudley. It would be great if JJ had those numbers, but I'm not expecting that big of a performance from him. That's Rookie-of-the-Year right there, easily.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Len could produce what you said his ceiling is, he would be exactly what we need at center. I do think with Len, we need to stop thinking about where he was drafted and start thinking about what we want at center and if he fits the bill for the cost.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, no kidding. Those numbers would put him at 10th in the league for scoring and tied for 4th with Chris Paul. HIGHLY overrating him here, but at least you admit it

Well Ullis did average about 17 and 8.5 as a starter, i dont know how people just ignore that. Also, were talking ceilings here so i really dont see that to be that shocking.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
is this for this season? no way booker gets 31ppg unless he's shooting 28 times a game. I see books next development in his shot selection, I say he gets up to 25ppg with better shooting percentages

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
is this for this season? no way booker gets 31ppg unless he's shooting 28 times a game. I see books next development in his shot selection, I say he gets up to 25ppg with better shooting percentages

Ceiling. So the best possible scenario a guy can reach at some point in theyre career

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well Ullis did average about 17 and 8.5 as a starter, i dont know how people just ignore that. Also, were talking ceilings here so i really dont see that to be that shocking.
Nobody is ignoring that. What you seem to be ignoring is the small sample size, coupled with how bad a team we were. He showed a lot of promise, but you are seriously overrating him if you think he will be a future top 10 point guard in the NBA. Average in the assists and you think he will be top 7.

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nobody is ignoring that. What you seem to be ignoring is the small sample size, coupled with how bad a team we were. He showed a lot of promise, but you are seriously overrating him if you think he will be a future top 10 point guard in the NBA. Average in the assists and you think he will be top 7.

This post is about a ceiling, not that i think he would get there, but that he has a chance to get that high. I just think if he was 6'3 everyone would be saying hes the next big thing. People completely write him off because of his height. He started 15 games and averaged 16 and 8.5apg with really nobody to even pass to that was a reliable scorer other than Dbook and maybe TJ. Again, not saying he will reach that potential but for that to be shocking for a lot of people is shocking to me, he almost basically hit those numbers his rookie year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen