Your Three Choices

13th Man: Elton Brown, Vitaly Potopenko, Michael Ruffin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
According to the East Valley Tribune, Suns will look at three bigs to fill the spot just so they can have the league minimum 13 players.

I assume they will be waived once PJ signs in November or might just stay if PJ never gives an answer.

With that said, the report said Suns will workout Elton Brown, Vitaly Potopenko, and Michael Ruffin.

What's your pick?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Out of those 3, I'd take Elton Brown. I've never even seen him play, but his stats are good (even though it's the D league) and the other two don't impress me at all. I'd take Skinner or Sweetney before any of those guys......the only reason I can see them dropping off the radar is because they must want more than the Vet. Minimum.

OP
OP
Sunsman44

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
When I read the name Elton Brown, I thought for a good 20 seconds that the Suns were interested in the guy from food network --- the "Good Eats" chef who has a pretty good show.

Then 20 seconds later I realized the chef is named Alton Brown............which is funny because it reminds me of another power forward who played for the Suns: Alton Ford. Anyone remember him?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Elton Brown & Alton Ford are probably pretty similar players.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Then 20 seconds later I realized the chef is named Alton Brown............which is funny because it reminds me of another power forward who played for the Suns: Alton Ford. Anyone remember him?

that reminds me of alton lister which reminds me of listerine, which reminds me of latrine which reminds me of latrell sprewell. The suns should sign him.

OP
OP
Sunsman44

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
that reminds me of alton lister which reminds me of listerine, which reminds me of latrine which reminds me of latrell sprewell. The suns should sign him.

Spree? Suns would have to pay him enough so he can feed his family. LOL

No, seriously, if I mentioned the word Sprewell here, people would jump on me like crazy saying I am a moron and should already know that he has an attitude problem just as they did to me when I inquired about Ely and Sweetney.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=97401

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
No, seriously, if I mentioned the word Sprewell here, people would jump on me like crazy saying I am a moron and should already know that he has an attitude problem just as they did to me when I inquired about Ely and Sweetney.

Well, we might wonder why you'd suggest Sprewell when your entire ax to grind is that the Suns need big men, while Sprewell is only 6' 5".

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
i think this sunsman character is crazy. dude, go get yourself some other hobbies. if this team pisses you off this much, maybe you shouldn't give them the power to do so by being such a huge 'fan'?

the suns will do what they will do, they'll either win or they won't and we all will still have to pay taxes and die. relax...

OP
OP
Sunsman44

Sunsman44

The Sunsman Defense Team
Reaction score
i think this sunsman character is crazy. dude, go get yourself some other hobbies. if this team pisses you off this much, maybe you shouldn't give them the power to do so by being such a huge 'fan'?

the suns will do what they will do, they'll either win or they won't and we all will still have to pay taxes and die. relax...

Dude, did u even read a single word of text in this thread before u posted?

Your reply doesn't make any sense.

Where in this thread do you see anything negative or where am I pissed off?

I posted a poll and wrote about Suns' three choices.

LOL. Clearly u are not reading...Hope this bold helps.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
You have to understand that in the system Mike D'antoni runs here even if Amare, Diaw, and Marks foul out he would rather play some rookie or pat burke (if he was still here) rather then those 3 in the poll above.

The simple fact though is the foul out doomsday scenario won't happen anymore because the only person who did that do us was Donagy (big surprise).

The reason we talk about PJ, is that while he will only play a near useless 15 mpg during the season like KT did, at least when we go up against the spurs he will play more and guard duncan.

What do those 3 in your poll have to do with guarding Tim Duncan? Absolutely nothing at all, and that is why, as elindholm has tried to tell you many times, it is PJ or basically nothing.

The suns do NOT want a big just for the sake of having a big, coach will not use him. Them is the works. The suns want PJ for guarding duncan, otherwise it is more small ball.

Hopefully you understand.

*As an example: If Amare, Diaw, and Marks foul out, even if we have one of those poll 3 (which we probably won't) coach will still probably go with a lineup of Nash, Bell, Hill, Marion, Banks. So thinking we desperately need a big any big is just useless. Steven Hunter wasn't even that bad, our bench was nonexistant and Coach still hated playing him.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I love that two of the choices are so bad, that most of us just click on the guy we've never seen play before.

Well, sure. If your choices are two piles of dogcrap or "whatever next comes out of that dog over there," it's an easy decision, because maybe the dog just ate a diamond or something.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I read the name Elton Brown, I thought for a good 20 seconds that the Suns were interested in the guy from food network --- the "Good Eats" chef who has a pretty good show.

When I read the name Elton Brown, I think of the Cards LG.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
She's like a good wine my friend. A sweet timeless wine with huge knockers.

Maligzar

Registered
Reaction score

Why would we trade away Kurt Thomas for nothing in order to pay Sprewell and have us owe more on the cap? If you think he's going to play for the league minimum I don't think that you have followed him for the last couple of years. He turned down a pretty decent offer from Minnesota.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I chose Brown. I have never seen him play, but he seems to be putting up big stats in the developmental league. Its no real guarantee, but the others have already proven themselves duds. At least with Brown there is a chance.

Also, one of the big gripes against Brown in college was an unwillingness or inability to pass the ball. His assist #s are pretty decent now.

I'd rather have "young and hungry" than "old and wanting to retire" that is unless the player is Zo--that guy always plays with passion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want the full menu, not just the options offered above. So I will not vote.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen