Your Personal Suns Memories

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would tell some stories of my personal memories I had with the Suns. And wonder if any of you had any.

1st) When I was like 8 I won a Carnation contest ( they rigged it for me to win ) where I got to sit on the Suns bench during a game. Before the game I went to center court with a player and was handed a t-shirt with the Suns logo on the front, Carnation on the back. I was on the jumbotron at Veterans Memorial. I asked a Suns exec. if I could join in the huddles at timeouts, he said yes. So during a TO I made my way to the huddle and was promptly told I couldnt be there. Embarrasing but not my fault. All I remember from the game is it was against the Pistons and thinking how huge and sweaty and stinky these guy were in real life.

2nd) When I was like 12 me and my friend used to get tix. We would stand by the Suns entrance outside. I remember Joe Barry Carroll getting droped off by someone who looked like his mom. LOL. After the game we would go back out there. KJ came out and I remember seeing on tv how he would have kids do a math problem for an autograph. So as soon as he was walking by us I said 2+2=4. He had a look of smart ass lil kid on his face. Embarassing now and my fault. Remember though at VMC the players walked straight out the door with no barracades to their cars. So we were literally walking with KJ.

Anyone got stories?

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by SameOleGee
Just thought I would tell some stories of my personal memories I had with the Suns. And wonder if any of you had any.

Remember though at VMC the players walked straight out the door with no barracades to their cars. So we were literally walking with KJ.

Anyone got stories?

I remember one evening at VMC hanging out by the exit to get some autographs, when I see Al McCoy walking off to his car. I run up to his car (lincoln towncar at the time), in which I proceeded to knock on his car window. He looked at me like I was some crazy lunatic. He finally rolls down his window, in which I asked him for an autograph.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Your Personal Suns Memories

Originally posted by Dr. Dumas
I remember one evening at VMC hanging out by the exit to get some autographs, when I see Al McCoy walking off to his car. I run up to his car (lincoln towncar at the time), in which I proceeded to knock on his car window. He looked at me like I was some crazy lunatic. He finally rolls down his window, in which I asked him for an autograph.

Did you see him out the car? I seen McCoy at Best Buy at Metro Center, he is a freakin midgit lol.

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I have seem him in person, and he is super tiny. He makes you feel like your an NBA center standing next to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen