You suck Brandon Lyon!!!

boondockdrunk

Resident Drunkard
Reaction score
Lyon should have just lost his closer job. Use Pena, Cruz, anyone but this joke.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Back to the thread topic: Brandon Lyon blows another save!

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
Lyon is killing us right now. what is his deal this year. I almost want to see Juan Cruz in the closer role. His stuff is ELECTRIC

NDNACE

Rookie
Reaction score
Houston, we have a problem. Please return Valverde back to the D-backs. This may be J. Byrnes first bonehead trade.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its early, but Valverde hasn't done so hot for Houston either.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we lost today. I watched it and thought we won. What game are some of you talking about?

I saw the one where late substitutes Drew and Jackson had huge critical hits and we swept the Rockies.

Was there a late game I missed?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Houston, we have a problem. Please return Valverde back to the D-backs. This may be J. Byrnes first bonehead trade.

I still like the trade. I liked Valverde alright but I don't really believe he is a top closer and I actually think Qualls will produce more consistantly. If Lyons continues to struggle in the role then they'll just have someone else close. Personally I think Pena would be a better closer than Lyons or Jose.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I still like the trade. I liked Valverde alright but I don't really believe he is a top closer and I actually think Qualls will produce more consistantly. If Lyons continues to struggle in the role then they'll just have someone else close. Personally I think Pena would be a better closer than Lyons or Jose.

I dont really like the trade because we obviously gave up the better player......but the problem was going to be paying him. Unless you are one of the top 3-4 closers in baseball (Papelbon, Nathan, Rivera, K-Rod) its risky giving that much money to a closer. Just long term and financially it is good not to have alot of money tied up into that spot. Hopefully Scherzer will come up later this year or early next year and can develop into a top tier closer. If he is able to do that we will ahve 4-5 years with a great closer for the right amount of money.

As far as Lyon, he will either get into a groove or not....we have a deep bullpen with alot of options to close, I don't think that we are in trouble and Melvin will figure it out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson