You suck Brandon Lyon!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How long before Melvin realized Lyon is not a closer? Byrnes and Lyon lost this game.

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
Agreed, where is Valverde? Yeah he'd put two on, but would get them out most of the time. Lyon is not a closer.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Byrnes and Lyon lost this game. I saw Lyon a few times in spring and he was awful. Nothing has changed. How about that 0-2 fastball right over the plate? Pena needs to close. I wish Papa Grande was still here.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
BRANDON LYON IS NOT A CLOSER!!!

This is only going to get worse. The Dbacks need to try somemone else or make a trade.

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Not time to hit the panic button quite yet, but Lyon is not a closer.

Name one other closer in baseball other than Lyon that doesn't strike people out.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I might of been too harsh on Lyon but he is not a closer. He is better at being a setup guy.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Does anybody know why the organization went with Lyon over Pena?

If anybody on this team has closer stuff its obviously Pena.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Oh calm down yall. Everyone was on Valverde's ass after every close call up until the 130 game mark. Lyon is a good pitcher and I believe he'll do okay as the close. If not then Pena and Qualls are both capable and he can go back to being the top reliever he was last season. No changes need to be made. One problem is with DD and Livo gone, we don't really have any innings eaters so the bullpen may struggle later in the season.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Agreed... Yet, it's WAY too early to freak about a game we lost in the 9th... Gonna happen again at some point in the season... I just hope they figure out quickly that Pena should be the damm closer!!

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Never liked Lyon and he still proves that he sucks. He is definitely not a closer. He should not take the mound. Sigh...

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished watching the replay. Making me mad. He sucks. 3 hits, 3 runs.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
wow, one game and He Sucks. Let's see their record is now what 1-1. Damn the season is over,I might as well throw my season tickets away.

az240z

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
wow, one game and He Sucks. Let's see their record is now what 1-1. Damn the season is over,I might as well throw my season tickets away.az240z
For Lyon, a Spring Training plus one game of failure in the closer spot.

He never should have been named closer before the bulk of spring training.

Now the Manager is in a spot.

But Bob Melvin is so easy going and inconsistent, his ego shouldn't play as large a role as it would with most other Managers.

AZZenny

Reaction score
NEVER liked Lyon for closer, but my guess is Melvin will let him strangle to death in that spot, because he's a colorless, dull guy, and Melvin has faith in him. I hope Valverde blossoms in Houston.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as Spring Training goes, I wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in the numbers. Owings had an ERA close to ten, both Webb and Davis had ERA's over eight, and Johnson wasn't too far behind, and so on. The second day of the season is far too early to be running guys out of town (especially considering just how good Lyon was last season), but luckily for us, with Pena and Qualls the team doesn't have a shortage of options should Lyon continue to struggle.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
For Lyon, a Spring Training plus one game of failure in the closer spot.

He never should have been named closer before the bulk of spring training.

Now the Manager is in a spot.

But Bob Melvin is so easy going and inconsistent, his ego shouldn't play as large a role as it would with most other Managers.

Wow - talk about having an agenda.

Did Bob Melvin run over your puppy dog or something? Give it a rest.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
NEVER liked Lyon for closer, but my guess is Melvin will let him strangle to death in that spot, because he's a colorless, dull guy, and Melvin has faith in him. I hope Valverde blossoms in Houston.

Again - this viewpoint is just insane to me. Or at least completely baseless and with out merit.

Melvin is a great in game coach. He has been extended for the forseeable future. Go cheer for Houston if you want Papa Grande to blow up.

My guess is Valverde gets exposed this season as Byrnes pulls the hood over yet another unsuspecting GM.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Insane to you, but I've reached my opinion of Bob Melvin after watching him the whole time he managed here AND in Seattle, and he stinks as a manager in game and out, IMO.

And I'll root for whomever I choose, and however I damn well please.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep. I have seen him hit 101 a couple of times, and I don't even watch baseball that much. Even less with little HD coverage this year after the switch to FSN.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard