You guys are crazy wanting to trade PP

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he holds out, but I don't expect you would get his A game.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't think he holds out, but I don't expect you would get his A game.

Of all the guys to play for the Cardinals, what Peterson actually thinks is an enigma. I really have no idea what he would do at all... unless you're Mitch and then you expect him to be a petty diva who is sucking this franchise dry lol

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much do you think P2 is getting paid if extended? Because it's very likely going to be $18m per, in a year where the cap drops $20m.

Slay just got $16.8m at 29. That's going to be what his agent uses as a minimum.

Sadly, we are in a situation where it's that or a rookie. So I don't see we have much choice.

he’s not getting paid 18 million. If the cap goes down so will contracts across the board

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would bet Peterson will realistically get about 45 million over 3 years.

I dont know if it will be from us though. I think he wants to hit FA

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How much do you think P2 is getting paid if extended? Because it's very likely going to be $18m per, in a year where the cap drops $20m.

Slay just got $16.8m at 29. That's going to be what his agent uses as a minimum.

Sadly, we are in a situation where it's that or a rookie. So I don't see we have much choice.

That same logic has us paying Dj Humphries 15+ million when we could have had a better rookie for 1/3 the price.

At some point teams have to move on from players that are too expensive for what they bring to the table.

We should have offered DJ 10 million a year and said "Try to beat it on the FA market". With Peterson we should offer 13-15 million and say the same.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he’s not getting paid 18 million. If the cap goes down so will contracts across the board

He's not signing a 1 year deal so he will get $18m. It will just be structured in such a way that it's a lower cap hit next year and higher in the subsequent year(s).

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not signing a 1 year deal so he will get $18m. It will just be structured in such a way that it's a lower cap hit next year and higher in the subsequent year(s).

I’m talking 18 million a year

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
That same logic has us paying Dj Humphries 15+ million when we could have had a better rookie for 1/3 the price.

At some point teams have to move on from players that are too expensive for what they bring to the table.

We should have offered DJ 10 million a year and said "Try to beat it on the FA market". With Peterson we should offer 13-15 million and say the same.

Really you're still trying to sell this line? Just admit you were wrong. Ya some guy on the street is going to be better than DJ...:biglaugh:

I do have to ask tho who was this rookie that would be even equal?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m talking 18 million a year

Well yeah, so am I.

If he signs a 2 year deal it would be $16m next year and $20m the year after for example. So $18m average. Whatever the length, he will get what he wants on average.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The anti-Humphries takes aren't aging well.

He is easily earning his salary this year, and Stanley just signed for MASSIVE money that dwarfs Humps contract.

None of the rookies have been better than Hump, and it's not even close. Thomas has been awful (as I stated he would be), Becton and Wills have been solid.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
The anti-Humphries takes aren't aging well.

He is easily earning his salary this year, and Stanley just signed for MASSIVE money that dwarfs Humps contract.

None of the rookies have been better than Hump, and it's not even close. Thomas has been awful (as I stated he would be), Becton and Wills have been solid.

I’m pretty sure he’s the only guy that’s left. DJ could make All Pro and he’d still call him overpaid, terrible , lazy, injury prone and knee deep. Some people refuse to admit they were wrong.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure he’s the only guy that’s left. DJ could make All Pro and he’d still call him overpaid, terrible , lazy, injury prone and knee deep. Some people refuse to admit they were wrong.

Humphries has looked like a top 5 tackle recently, but his paycheck isn't anymore.

Stanley got 22 mil per year. Humps 15 per is a bargain.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA