You Are the Owner. What do you do?

Who do you fire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What if the owner is the problem?

If spending money was the only important ownership attribute, Daniel Snyder would have a closet full of trophies.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The entire gang is coming back even though they’ll all be canned next year at this time. I don’t see any realistic major upgrades to the roster. Bill O ain’t walking thru that door again.

Mark Tietsort

Reaction score
It's simple Cardinal fans - Fire Vance Johnson. Also Kliff Kingsbury needs someone to manage the game. He sucks at time management, and situational strategic football decisions. And until he gets it, he needs to have someone else manage the game. I do t know what to say about Steve Keim as GM... but he did take Andy Isabella in the 2nd round 2 drafts ago over DK Metcalf who then went to the Seahawks. That may be enough to Fire him, but to clean house when we lost 3 games by missing a FG, not sure if it's time fir that. But in all of the games Vance Johnson's defense was so inconsistent and he made so many poor play calls. Some of his blitzes and so poorly timed its ridiculous. And then can't stop 2 backup QB's in must win games. An eight and a half minute drive to start the second half today with Wolford looking like an all pro. FIRE HIM. We need a RB, Drake proved he can't carry the load, another WR, and Fitz to come back to try one more time to get him a ring at least a playoff run.

Side note if they had won one other game this year they would have been the 6th seed, and

Cardinals could have beat Seattle in Seattle next week. Winning the last 5-7 up there. Where does this leave me as a fan. Who knows but I do know this it will now be 73 seasons without a Championship. With only 1 opportunity In February of 2009. I want to stick around, I have for 45 years... if I could go back to that 5 year old boy and say... " no kid you don't like those uniforms". I would, but I have stuck with this team my entire life... from the ridicule in elementary school to the countless let downs throughout so many years. What is this but another bleep and slap in the face. Alas I sit here in the dark having still not moved off my couch... swearing off the abusive texts from friends who teams always win, wondering why, why, why, when will my day of glory come... can I live that long. How painful is tattoo removal, as I branded my self with the Cardinal logo the day they fired Buddy Ryan as a commitment to the fans that I would. The Wilks year almost broke me. But the origination made that right. What's next... please my fellow fans. Help me! Help Me!

P.s. Fitz stay around.... at least you are the one thing that has got me through the last 17 years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This situation reminds me a lot of when the Bucs fired Lovie Smith and promoted Dirk Koetter because they were afraid to break up a relationship with Jameis that resulted in a 6-10 record. Kliff should probably be an OC or QBs coach in the NFL — he didn’t necessarily ask for this job (besides taking the interview). He certainly didn’t earn it.

But here we are. Who’s better? Do we have a better situation to offer someone than the Jets and Jags? The Lions? I don’t trust Michael to hire anyone at GM who would be good at the job—you’d likely get Adrian Wilson.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Depending on the level of frustration from MB the a dub era might be starting sooner rather than later.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Bidwill is a problem, I guess I don't understand. You're the owner...the only thing that increases your value is winning. What is the point of hanging on to "yes men" in a job like that? If he is Jerry Jones and wants to be the GM...then I get it.

But if Bidwill is smart enough to know that he needs a GM, then take a shot. He's given Keim 10 years, no consistent winning. Go with some young hot shot GM, or some "outsider", or an old school NFL vet. As long as any of them produce a winner Bidwill wins with no downside.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a tough one for Mike.

On one hand the team improved and went 8-8 but on the other it looks like Kliff's ceiling, the 2nd half of the season was really poor, his scheme has been exposed as basic and one dimensional. The team is poorly coached, sloppy and undisciplined.

So you're in a situation where on paper things look up but reality is telling you the trajectory is down.

Knowing Mike, I doubt he does anything. At heart he's ultra conservative and risk adverse.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
All 3 without question.

As an owner , you feel confident going into next season, with these 3 controlling any part of your football team?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Different.

Sarver is about 20x smarter and more accomplished than Bidwill but comes from a commercial real estate/investment banking boiler room background where it's sink or swim. That culture doesn't mesh at all in professional sports where everyone from the players to agents to coaches need their ass kissed 24/7. Been his biggest downfall as an owner where the other 29 clubs are sucking up to the talent. Sarver is basically an a-hole but you'd probably love him as buddy.

Bidwill is great at the player interaction part but is your typical woke up at 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple Guy. Not that savvy or keen from a personnel or business perspective but thinks he is because his parents chose him not his siblings to run the team (not saying much if you knew the siblings for the record). Keeps losers (Kliff) and yes men (Keim) around him to make himself feel more important and is threatened by confident and more accomplished peers who voice their differing opinions (BA). Typical coddled trust fund kid stuff. Probably would have no friends if he wasn't loaded.

Both meddle in personnel decisions they have zero business being involved in. Sarver has toned that down though, rumor is Adam Silver had some sort of intervention. Sarver has gobs of money but doesn't spend. Bidwill's have nothing outside of the team only a bunch of dopey family members leeching off the family business.
Interesting insight. But as far as GMs and coaches, they’re viewed the same as meddling and difficult to work with? Understand much different make-ups and backgrounds.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No one should lose their job over an 8-8 year with a new coach, new QB, new everything, next year I'd say it's a different story, but as of now see how they learn from their mistakes. Kliff has to do some soul searching as to what a Pro coach has to be like.

He's too friendly to players for my taste but that's just my opinion he needs to get harder and more focused on game management, maybe delegate that to a trusted assistant but it has to improve.

He's got all offseason to think about what he did wrong and right and formulate any changes if he's making the same mistakes next year or similar ones then my opinion would be to let them all go and start over.
THIS!

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Do you think BA's issues were with MB or SK, or both?

Bottom line we are not getting a new owner. I honestly don't know if MB is creating an issue, but the best you can hope for is that he puts a GM in place that has "it". He might be a yes man or "friend of the family"...but bringing in a fresh prospective could be a good thing no matter what.

Adub could possibly be the new GM. He's young and former player, but if he really brings a new set of eyes on things...might be time.

The only thing Keim has done really well is trades. He honestly pulled off some all decade trades in Jones and Hopkins...so I would hope Adub would have learned a lot of that process?

Maybe just the shake up of a new GM who brings in 1/2 a new scouting department could get enough new eyes on things to turn it around. Keims draft record is really poor.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
This is the way it will go..
Keim will stay, he did NOT engineer the Hopkins trade, o'brian wanted to be rid of dhop no matter what and o'brian knew DJ was going to be GREAT ... And Bidwill wants a toadie GM..
KK will not go and will screw things up enuff to go 8;8 next year and squander the last cheap year of K1
VJ will.not go and we will again see bkup QBs march down the field continuously, and then often be stopped on the goal line but it will be enuff (fgs) for the 2cd or 3rd string qb we are playing against , because KK will be busy screwing up the O side.
Stuff will then happen but K1 will end up on some other team shortly after and win a Super Bowl within 2 years of leaving
AND THEN..we will be back to the 'same old Cards'..
With Bidwill, Keim,KK and VJ scratching their heads..and
2 years after THAT, we'll go 0-17 and draft number 1 and pick as QB the next Johnny Manzeil...and shortly after that, i will.die.from.old.age and leave a 100 year curse of doom on the Cardinals...

Don't yell at me for gloom and doom, these are simply FACTS....

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do you think BA's issues were with MB or SK, or both?

Bottom line we are not getting a new owner. I honestly don't know if MB is creating an issue, but the best you can hope for is that he puts a GM in place that has "it". He might be a yes man or "friend of the family"...but bringing in a fresh prospective could be a good thing no matter what.

Adub could possibly be the new GM. He's young and former player, but if he really brings a new set of eyes on things...might be time.

The only thing Keim has done really well is trades. He honestly pulled off some all decade trades in Jones and Hopkins...so I would hope Adub would have learned a lot of that process?

Maybe just the shake up of a new GM who brings in 1/2 a new scouting department could get enough new eyes on things to turn it around. Keims draft record is really poor.

BA's issues were not with MB. MB's issues were more with BA. BA's vulgarity & party animal antics drove MB insane, but MB put up with it as long as we were winning. As soon as the window slammed shut (right after the 2015 NFC Championship game), the lipstick was off the pig. BA maybe had too much pull, but maybe MB should have listened to him a little bit longer???

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
BA's issues were not with MB. MB's issues were more with BA. BA's vulgarity & party animal antics drove MB insane, but MB put up with it as long as we were winning. As soon as the window slammed shut (right after the 2015 NFC Championship game), the lipstick was off the pig. BA maybe had too much pull, but maybe MB should have listened to him a little bit longer???
BA’s “party animal antics” were too much but Keim’s DUI’s didn’t bother Mike B?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BA’s “party animal antics” were too much but Keim’s DUI’s didn’t bother Mike B?
Absolutely they did, but MB put some, if not a lot, of that blame on BA. BASK were joined at the hip, and that relationship started in PA. But, it never got totally out of hand until they lived across the street from one another in AZ. BA felt the Championship window was still open & wanted to continue to add veterans. MB wanted to get younger. Keim was stuck in the middle. It was BA who forced the separation & MB kept a pretty face on all of it.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff needs to go. He has no control over his team as the Cards were #1 in penalties. His play calling will leave you scratching your head. Kyler's athleticism is the only reason they have any success on offense. Plus Kliff can't figure out how to manage a game. He is in over his head.

I'm not a huge Vance fan but at least his defense showed dramatic improvement from year 1 to year 2. Plus the Defensive side of the ball was decimated by injuries and still kept the Cardinals close in games even though Kliff had his head up his arse most of the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave