Yet another Tim Floyd recruit gives me a reason to laugh

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up where does Floyd find these kids?

-------------------------------------

According to a report in the American-Press of Lake Charles, La., USC recruit Leonard Washington refused to play the final six minutes of his high-school team's state championship game. The team, Washington-Marion, lost by 19 points.

"He shut it down and quit," Washington-Marion coach Mack Guillory told the paper. "We tried to put him back in the game and he refused. All of our kids except one showed character." Floyd said he had not heard about it.

-----------------------------------------

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up where does Floyd find these kids?

-------------------------------------

According to a report in the American-Press of Lake Charles, La., USC recruit Leonard Washington refused to play the final six minutes of his high-school team's state championship game. The team, Washington-Marion, lost by 19 points.

"He shut it down and quit," Washington-Marion coach Mack Guillory told the paper. "We tried to put him back in the game and he refused. All of our kids except one showed character." Floyd said he had not heard about it.

-----------------------------------------

What is with the USC - Louisiana connection? This kid and the Joe McKnight thing and they both have character issues. LSU is losing out to USC??????

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is with the USC - Louisiana connection? This kid and the Joe McKnight thing and they both have character issues. LSU is losing out to USC??????

Tim Floyd has Louisiana ties from his days coaching at New Orleans.

Not sure about the football connection. McKnight is the kid who admitted to an NCAA violation on a live radio interview and then later said he had been mistaken when he said that, after Pete Carroll denied it?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim Floyd has Louisiana ties from his days coaching at New Orleans.

Not sure about the football connection. McKnight is the kid who admitted to an NCAA violation on a live radio interview and then later said he had been mistaken when he said that, after Pete Carroll denied it?

Yup, that is what I mean about McKnight and now the BB kid. Smells like bad Gumbo. I forgot about the U of New Orleans connection, but I am inclined to believe there is a street agent possibly involved.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Floyd is a good coach, but he's hurting himself with recruits like these...recruiting should be easy for him. Why is he going after dumb kids? Howland is going to continue to make him look bad...Maybe he should go back to the big 12?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Floyd is a good coach, but he's hurting himself with recruits like these...recruiting should be easy for him. Why is he going after dumb kids? Howland is going to continue to make him look bad...Maybe he should go back to the big 12?

Thats my whole point on Floyd, he's a very good coach who doesn't seem to know when to quit on the iffy recruits.

He has a really good situation going right now a 25 win season that surprised a lot of people, he's go momentum, hell he's even got a great emotional story with the mother of Ryan Francis attending the games and serving as a motivation to the team.

This is the point where he should be saying I've got this ball rolling, time to start being more careful about kids I'm going after there's plenty of talent in Los Angeles I don't need to be so risky.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard