Yeah Gabbert is QBOF

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gabbert reminds me of Palmer. One or 2 boneheaded plays per game and missing open receivers.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
i told you guys he's the ultimate tease! He lured you in with physical skills & moments of great, then Gabbert crushes your soul with disappointment. I still don't get the luv of him going forward! He's an adequate QB IMO & that's it.

1) throws a great ball
2) mobile
3) quick decision making
4) very good arm
5) 1 read QB
6) locks onto receivers
7) still turns the ball over often
8) no touch, throws to many laser passes
9) too many passes under & around 10 yards. Rarely throws deep
10) still has low completion %, not as accurate as top passers
11) misses open guys repeatedly

I'd take him as my #2 but not my constant starter! If anyone thinks the Cards or any other team can compete or win a SB title with anyone like or similar to Gabbert in today's game you need to wake up.

Is he better than Josh McCown?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's because the Browns are the Browns. They traded back from Wentz and Watson in b2b years. I don't think they will do it again.

Yes they will. So will the Niners.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i told you guys he's the ultimate tease! He lured you in with physical skills & moments of great, then Gabbert crushes your soul with disappointment. I still don't get the luv of him going forward! He's an adequate QB IMO & that's it.

1) throws a great ball
2) mobile
3) quick decision making
4) very good arm
5) 1 read QB
6) locks onto receivers
7) still turns the ball over often
8) no touch, throws to many laser passes
9) too many passes under & around 10 yards. Rarely throws deep
10) still has low completion %, not as accurate as top passers
11) misses open guys repeatedly

I'd take him as my #2 but not my constant starter! If anyone thinks the Cards or any other team can compete or win a SB title with anyone like or similar to Gabbert in today's game you need to wake up.

Is he better than Josh McCown?

There’s a reason EVERY OC he plays with gets fired the year after.

Good backup. Awful starter.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He can be my #2 for years to come. But not a starter. That's just calling for mediocrity.
You must be registered for see images attach

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again we have people having perfection as the standard. Look around at whats happening with other quarterbacks. Keep looking for your perfect QB. I think Gabbert has shown enough to be given more opportunities the rest of the season and then lets make a judgment about him.

This is a reasonable position in that I'd rather watch Gabbert than Stanton.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Again we have people having perfection as the standard. Look around at whats happening with other quarterbacks. Keep looking for your perfect QB. I think Gabbert has shown enough to be given more opportunities the rest of the season and then lets make a judgment about him.
I think your settling for mediocrity.

We could've had a very good QB in Jimmy G for a 2nd rounder (or slightly more or player) if we would've been proactive!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No argument with most on this board. Keep Palmer, have Gabbert back him up, cut Stanton, AND draft a QB EARLY (1st or 2nd round). Don’t waste picks on late round QB’s.

Can't do it. Can't have a top QB prospect drafted to be the #3. Also, Palmer's done, so just go with Gabbert and the rook, with hot garbage as a #3 (because that's all #3's are anyway). Gabbert will guarantee us a high pick for the rebuild (and, make no mistake, we are going to be in a re-build, whether or not the team or certain posters are willing to admit it) and the rook will get valuable experience. Use the picks to get stronger, and come out in 2 years gunning for the top.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Gabbert is a backup. He's very talented but doesn't seem to have the leadership quality that the good QB's have. He showed who he is early in the game by sliding a yard short of the 1st down. Name a QB who's a leader and trying to get his team going that does that. Loser mentality. I'm not saying the Cards win but if he goes headfirst and gets the 1st down, which was easily attainable, the team respects that and rallies.

The only QB that comes to mind who probably doesn't go headfirst and get the 1st down is Cutler. You put Palmer, hell any starting QB, there, they make that play. That irritated me to no end.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was at the game. Very disappointed in Gabbert's performance, However, the bottom line is that the Rams are the better team.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gabbert stinks! We need to de raft a someone in the first round and keep,our fingers crossed.

londonpete

Rookie
Reaction score
Surely a lot of what Gabbert did badly could be coached up.

He hasn't had it easy against 2 excellent defenses so I'll wait till the end of the season to see whst he has.

There are more reasons to keep him as back up than to bring Stanton back.

Having said that, I don't think he will be starter material but a decent backup.
And until we sort the OL out, that's about the best we can hope for.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'm not saying the Cards win but if he goes headfirst and gets the 1st down, which was easily attainable, the team respects that and rallies.

this --

you start to understand where the Jax commentary on Gabbert being soft comes from

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still on the Gabbert train, but have said all along I hope we get a young QB in the draft next year. Add DJ to this offense and everything changes including the passing game opening up big time. Add in the loss of our starting LT and OG as well as our WR corp. pretty much falling apart in front of our eyes.... I don't really know what everyone expects. He shows potential on an offense that is at least missing 3 starters all of which are very high level talent... add to that the special teams blunders and our D struggling to make plays this year, and anyone willing to make a judgement on Gabbert's ability to lead this team at full strength is rushing to judgement. I hope we let Stanton walk, Carson retires and we go into next year with Gabbert and our 1st round pick.