Yao out for rest of season

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I'd put Mcgrady on suicide watch. He just can't seem to get out of the first round for various reasons and this year is likely to miss the playoffs altogether.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
So are you betting the over or under? ;) All bets are in ASFN bucks.

I'll take whatever bet has him feigning an injury or half-assing it for the rest of the season in light of what's happened to Yao.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
T-Mac gets reliably "injured" whenever he feels like his team doesn't have a shot at a title that year, and just doesn't want to be bothered. This is because he's pretty much the Worst Person Alive.

So yeah, we can look forward to "back spasms" or "brain tooth" or "inflammation of the epidermis"--whatever he thinks will net him an early vacation.

Oh man! "Brain tooth"?!?!? I love it. I'm using that next time I call in sick.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T-Mac gets reliably "injured" whenever he feels like his team doesn't have a shot at a title that year, and just doesn't want to be bothered. This is because he's pretty much the Worst Person Alive.

So yeah, we can look forward to "back spasms" or "brain tooth" or "inflammation of the epidermis"--whatever he thinks will net him an early vacation.

This is why I thought T-Mac should never be compared to Marion as some fans did in years past. Marion very seldom missed games.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Bad news for Houston.I like Yao,he seems like a good sports person,
never saw him being dirty or using bad language about anyone.

I wish instead of him,Duncan got injured;)

I guess now they will give more minutes to Scola as well.

But in my opinion,they will be out of top 8,for sure.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
Bad news for Houston.I like Yao,he seems like a good sports person,
never saw him being dirty or using bad language about anyone.

I guess now they will give more minutes to Scola as well.

But in my opinion,they will be out of top 8,for sure.

That's a pretty terrible thing to say. How about, "I wish NOBODY gets injured, regardless of which team I support." But then that would be too classy.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
That's a pretty terrible thing to say. How about, "I wish NOBODY gets injured, regardless of which team I support." But then that would be too classy.

Oh my bad,I hope instead of Yao,Beebeard got injured.

Better?:)

Relax pal,that was a joke,I was kidding of course,but stop chasing my all threads/messages and trying to find a reason to attack.Of course I want any of my opponent team to be healthy,in the end this is sports,not a war,plus I like watching Yao.

fordronken

Reaction score

Relax pal,that was a joke,I was kidding of course,but stop chasing my all threads/messages and trying to find a reason to attack.Of course I want any of my opponent team to be healthy,in the end this is sports,not a war,plus I like watching Yao.

Players get hurt all the time. Our players just do it in time for the playoffs. If Duncan got hurt and it helped us win the championship, I sure wouldn't be complaining.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score

You're really showing a lot of class and insight for a 2-day old poster, believe me. Even the Lakers fans have called you out as a bad Lakers troll. Please stop this charade.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is the first event in a preordained series of events that will lead to a Suns championship. Its the Suns year to win a title by default.

How many times have the Suns lost because of injury or suspension or bad luck? A couple of injuries, a suspension or two, a lucky second round matchup and the Suns can roll into the finals.

The Rockets did it TWICE. The Heat did it. Why not the Suns?

fordronken

Reaction score
This is the first event in a preordained series of events that will lead to a Suns championship. Its the Suns year to win a title by default.

How many times have the Suns lost because of injury or suspension or bad luck? A couple of injuries, a suspension or two, a lucky second round matchup and the Suns can roll into the finals.

The Rockets did it TWICE. The Heat did it. Why not the Suns?

God I hope you're right.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow so bad for the Rockets with Yao they had somewhat a shot at the title now they have zero chance without the big guy in the middle, just horrible news for rocket fans never want to see anyone get hurt hope Yao can recover from this and come back strong next year.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
Poor Yao. He seems like a nice guy. But this seems to happen to Houston every year. McGrady misses a portion of the season, comes back and the Rockets look great, and then Yao goes down.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Wow, I must have cursed them. Yesterday, I posted my "Top 8" for the west and predicted that the Rockets would not make the playoffs. Then today, down goes Yao. I didn't think they would make the playoffs WITH Yao, so needless to say, I don't see it without him. Sucks for Rockets fans though, it's a terrible thing when you really feel your team has a good chance and you don't get to see it play out because of injury. Kind of like what it felt like to root for the Arizona Cardinals last season.

You have continually proven you're without a shred of intelligence or class. You're one of the worst posters on this forum, and you need to either grow up, or go post on your high school message boards. I think you will quickly find that most people here won't join in your encouragement of players getting hurt. It's just a game.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
Wow, I must have cursed them. Yesterday, I posted my "Top 8" for the west and predicted that the Rockets would not make the playoffs. Then today, down goes Yao. I didn't think they would make the playoffs WITH Yao, so needless to say, I don't see it without him. Sucks for Rockets fans though, it's a terrible thing when you really feel your team has a good chance and you don't get to see it play out because of injury. Kind of like what it felt like to root for the Arizona Cardinals last season.

You have continually proven you're without a shred of intelligence or class. You're one of the worst posters on this forum, and you need to either grow up, or go post on your high school message boards. I think you will quickly find that most people here won't join in your encouragement of players getting hurt. It's just a game.

To Beebeard and DarthLlama,

I can't believe how creative you guys are to pick one of my sentence to insult me.What have I written above?I copy-pasted below.

"Of course I want any of my opponent team to be healthy,in the end this is sports,not a war,plus I like watching Yao."

Right?So,how come you think you have the right to insult me?Plus I already said that I was joking.This is Suns forum,not Spurs,not Lakers!
What's wrong with some members here?Little bit of humor makes you worst poster,a bit of teasing makes you troll etc.I hate San Antonio and I hate Lakers,more than any other team in the history of any other sports team.

Funnily,some other members who said "i won't complain if Duncan gets injured",for some reason you guys have no reaction,so I don't know what's the issue but i can see you both act shallow and without depth.

Yes,I wont complain if Duncan gets injured,you guys can cry if you like,especially a team having one of the dirtiest players whi directly try to injure our players (ike Bowen),a team who did not "earn" to win against us but with dirty plays,referees,I am putting San Antonio exempt from my "fair play,sportsmanship" dictionary.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
They just got their 13th win in a row, and without Yao over a pretty good team in Washington 94-69. Damn.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
They just got their 13th win in a row, and without Yao over a pretty good team in Washington 94-69. Damn.

seems like they were playing pretty inspired without their 2nd best player.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
In situations like this I'm always reminded of when Magic Johnson announced his HIV infection, and the Lakers immediately went on an enormous winning streak led by the previously unheralded Sedale Threatt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player