Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockets out, Golden State/Portland in.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
That Sucks! I was hoping for Houston to knock off one of the other contenders... Houston doesn't pose a real threat to the Suns, IMO.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That Sucks! I was hoping for Houston to knock off one of the other contenders... Houston doesn't pose a real threat to the Suns, IMO.

Houston didn't pose a threat to the Suns when the Suns were good. Now they do.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
This is bad news for the Rockets. They were really rolling, with good contributions from both of their front court rookies and with Yao putting up stellar numbers as the best center in the league.

I think the Rockets still are loaded enough to contend for a 7th or 8th seed (their backcourt of Alston, McGrady, Jackson is still excellent) but to what end? Without the man in the middle, they've lost their best rebounder, scorer, and shot-blocker, as well as any post presence they might have had. A better team like Phoenix or Dallas would knock them out in 4.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
Wow this is devastating. Does anyone know any Houston fans? Better put them on watch.

Yeah I'm from the Houston area and was waiting to see if the Rockets would put together a nice little run for a top seed this season. Yao had a sub-par game the other night, and now we know why.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Hell, they were on a 12 game win streak and still couldn't get closer than the 7th seed. Yao has been a huge part of that. Without Yao, I don't see them making the playoffs in the West. Period!!! Maybe they can make a last ditch effort to persuade Magloire to sign with them instead of Dallas.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rockets are snakebit.

I buy BeeBeard's theory that they are in Karmic hell because of the way they treated Dream.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score

I buy BeeBeard's theory that they are in Karmic hell because of the way they treated Dream.

I'm telling you, once you screw over the best player you've ever had (and probably ever will have), it sets an unnerving precedent for nothing but bad things to happen to you for years to come.*

* Hakeem is the Rockets' best player by a mile. Old-timers used to say it was Calvin Murphy, and then Murphy was put on trial for touching his adopted daughters, and lost his job calling Rockets games. I kid you not. Hakeem's Curse continues.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Holy crap! That's a huge blow, right when they were starting to show some life.

The good news is that the Suns probably don't have to sweat about making the playoffs now. Since Portland will fade and Houston is pretty much done, that leaves only eight teams for eight spots.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think the Suns were worrying about making the playoffs^ Thats just crazy talk, god people freak out after one freaking game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Damn skippy. I'm still pretty beat up after the 95 playoff series.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Magliore goes there.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is devastating to the Rockets. Supposedly, or arguably, one of the top centers in basketball, and they can't win a championship.

fordronken

Reaction score
I don't think the Suns were worrying about making the playoffs^ Thats just crazy talk, god people freak out after one freaking game.

It's pretty reasonable for the Suns to have dropped 4 games in the standings incorporating Shaq. Those 4 games could have been enough to miss the playoffs outright. He's not saying the Suns would have sucked-- the West was just that deep.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Wow, huge blow for the Rockets, especially when they were playing so well.

Just wow.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long until T-Mac goes down again?

O/U is 9.5 games

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
How long until T-Mac goes down again?

O/U is 9.5 games

T-Mac gets reliably "injured" whenever he feels like his team doesn't have a shot at a title that year, and just doesn't want to be bothered. This is because he's pretty much the Worst Person Alive.

So yeah, we can look forward to "back spasms" or "brain tooth" or "inflammation of the epidermis"--whatever he thinks will net him an early vacation.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
T-Mac gets reliably "injured" whenever he feels like his team doesn't have a shot at a title that year, and just doesn't want to be bothered. This is because he's pretty much the Worst Person Alive.

So yeah, we can look forward to "back spasms" or "brain tooth" or "inflammation of the epidermis"--whatever he thinks will net him an early vacation.

So are you betting the over or under? ;) All bets are in ASFN bucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player