Yankees arent as good as ya think!

Reaction score
Yeah for all of you people that are thinking that the yankees are going to be world series champs this year, think again! Common sense people. PITCHING WINS GAMES! Yeah, sure they have one of the most powerful hitting lineups in baseball, but who is going to protect the lead when the yankees are ahead? The pitching has to be good enough to keep the team ahead or there not going anywhere!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I hope you're right. However, if the Yankees staff is healthy and pitches to their potential then they have a dominating rotation. I don't think it will happen.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree!

Kevin Brown has been about as reliable as a '76 Gremlin and Mike Mussina has a lot of wear and tear on that arm and Leiber hasn't pitched for close to two years.

OP
OP
AZSportsGirl17
Reaction score
oooh i forgot about them two pitchers...im not saying that there good and im not saying that there bad but ya never kno...randy johnson had that "not so great" year in 03 so different ppl are unpredectable

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
You guys are mentioning Brown, an injury prone player, but dont forget about everyone else...

Contreas
Rivera
Steve Karsay
Tom Gordon
Vazquez
Gabe White

Those are som good pitchers. As much as I hate the Yankees, they are a great team.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's not pitching that's going to cost the Yankees, it's defense. They'll run into a team like Anaheim or Florida that's going to run all over them. Matsui is horrible, Lofton is way past his prime, and Sheffield id average at best. Teams with speed will be able to grab extra bases at will against these guys and it's those manufactured runs that decide playoff series.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried. Who's worried about this? The yankers have all righties! Boston clearly has the advantage, everyone knows this. They had the best offensive team last year. Now with a solid starting staff and a closer (Folke), it's ridiculous. The yankers just want headlines. Only way the yankers beat the BoSox is if the mind games the boss uses works.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard