Yankee fans are turning against Randy Johnson

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Check this post from the MFY's board.

Re: Randy Johnson WILL turn it around

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule
I agree. He has way too much talent for this crap to continue. I don't know what happened out there tonight, but I do know that he will get better.

yeah when???????? For God's sake its almost Sept 1st. This guy is done, there will be no turn-around. He is 42 yrs old, he has no business playing. He is only still in the game because he wasnt to win 300 games, thus the reason for a 2 yr extension. I dont think he even cares about making the playoffs, he just cares about personal stats now, stats that are pretty sorry anyway.

Here is a link to another RJ thread.
http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread.php?t=87969

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Snake said:
Not as much as it sucks to see Johnson go out like this :(

I'd have a lot more compassion for him if he hadn't orchestrated the whole thing.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Randy is leading the majors in giving up 29 home runs. The most home runs he has ever given up in a year is 30.

AzJc

Rookie
Reaction score
Father Time has caught up with RJ, he turns 42 next month...I cant stand the Yankees, but I like Randy........needs to retire, but it might be difficult to walk away from that 16m next year

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I love the Yanks and it sucks what has happened to them with their pitching.

Yikes a Yankee fan.....

The real coup is that Arizona traded him when we did. To essentially get Vasquez (who im hoping will get pedaled for a young ace in the making this offseason) Halsey (a legit number 2 guy for years to come) Green, and cash.....a couple more productive years outta shawn and a shrewd trade of Javy will make this as big a fleecing as the Richie Sexson trade (from the Brewers POV of course)

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
Yikes a Yankee fan.....

The real coup is that Arizona traded him when we did. To essentially get Vasquez (who im hoping will get pedaled for a young ace in the making this offseason) Halsey (a legit number 2 guy for years to come) Green, and cash.....a couple more productive years outta shawn and a shrewd trade of Javy will make this as big a fleecing as the Richie Sexson trade (from the Brewers POV of course)

Vasquez has a 4.67 ERA and a huge contract. Getting a very good young pitcher for him would be very hard. I would hardly call Halsey a legit #2. For me, he is a decent #5, with the potential to be an adequate #4.

Getting anything for RJ (who was on the downside) is pretty good.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Vasquez has a 4.67 ERA and a huge contract. Getting a very good young pitcher for him would be very hard. I would hardly call Halsey a legit #2. For me, he is a decent #5, with the potential to be an adequate #4.

Getting anything for RJ (who was on the downside) is pretty good.

Oh i disagree...you are looking at Vasquez's numbers this year but that is not what GM's look at when trading for front line pitching help. In fact thats the only way to get good pitching in trades....Buy low....Vasquez has great stuff, is a strike out pitcher and has a reasonable contract for a guy who projects as a OK ace or a legit number two guy. Hes just having a bad year and that surprisingly does'nt do too much to his value. Every team thinks they can turn a guy with great stuff around. They were talking Eric Bedard or Daniel Cabrera w/ the O's before the season started when they were going to flip him right after the NY trade. Those guys are both highly regarded. Trust me Vasquez will bring back something good, unless we are screwed with only dealing w/ one team (see Schilling, Boston)

I think Halsey is a bull dog and i like his make up. Once again he is young and there are very few pitchers who year in and year out win 15 games. Halsey has the potential to be a John Lackey type pitcher (eats up innings, 3.50-4.00 ERA) and that suits me fine......

AZZenny

Reaction score
Afraid the more I watch Halsey, the more I think BA was right - he has enough stuff to be a very decent reliever, but probably not good enough to stick long-term as a starter.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Halsey allows a lot of hits and doesn't strike anybody out so the John Lackey comparisons are a bit off base. Halsey has to develop some sort of out pitch if he hopes to be a solid starter like Lackey did before 2005. Although I think that will prove much more difficult for Halsey judging by physical differences as well as past performnce.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn