XFL returns - Will you watch?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
XFL 3.0 returns on Saturday. Any closet St Louis Battlehawks fans? AJ McCarron is your QB :)

If I recall right it was pretty fun the second time around while it lasted. They have some interesting rule deviations on kickoffs and coaches can challenge anything at all in a game, but only once.

Taylor Heinicke and PJ Walker were both in the XFL in 2020. I think a 2nd league to pick up the players that fall through the cracks is important. There wouldn't have been a Kurt Warner without one.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No...

Although I can see the interest of the obsessed, there's always been the CFL for those who fall through the cracks.

Spring is for the promise of baseball and that this year we will win the pennant. IMO

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep. I liked it before COVID killed it.

I will also watch the USFL. The USFL is nostalgic to me because me and my boys went to a few Wranglers games when they were 8 and 10 years old. It was a special time back then. Too bad there's no Wranglers in the new incarnation, I liked their logo and color scheme (still have my Wranglers cap) much better than the Outlaws later (although the Outlaws gear wasn't horrible).

Anyway, I'll watch pro football any time, I enjoyed the Canadian games that one of the ESPN channels showed last season. It's a pretty fun brand of football to watch.

I am not into baseball and haven't followed the Suns in years, so Spring football tides me over until the NFL starts up again. It also helps me ignore the crazy mock drafts with crazy trades that get rolled out. LOL

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
XFL 3.0 returns on Saturday. Any closet St Louis Battlehawks fans? AJ McCarron is your QB :)

If I recall right it was pretty fun the second time around while it lasted. They have some interesting rule deviations on kickoffs and coaches can challenge anything at all in a game, but only once.

Taylor Heinicke and PJ Walker were both in the XFL in 2020. I think a 2nd league to pick up the players that fall through the cracks is important. There wouldn't have been a Kurt Warner without one.
See Battlehawk appararel all around St. Louis. Now that the Chiefs season is over the football fans here will have something to keep them occupied. I am working weekends at the tax office so will not be going.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I'm in. I'll be pulling for San Antonio, which means they are probably doomed, as my other alternate pro-league favorites have been the New Jersey Generals(USFL), the Arizona Hot Shots (AAFL), the San Francisco Demons(XFL), San Antonio Riders(WLAF), and the Jacksonville Sharks(WFL) have never won a title.
I'd say I was a Jonah for the NFL Cards but they haven't won it all since 1947, and I was born in '61 so whatever fan was born shortly after their win has to bear the Jonah mantle.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm in. I'll be pulling for San Antonio, which means they are probably doomed, as my other alternate pro-league favorites have been the New Jersey Generals(USFL), the Arizona Hot Shots (AAFL), the San Francisco Demons(XFL), San Antonio Riders(WLAF), and the Jacksonville Sharks(WFL) have never won a title.
I'd say I was a Jonah for the NFL Cards but they haven't won it all since 1947, and I was born in '61 so whatever fan was born shortly after their win has to bear the Jonah mantle.
I pulled for the Memphis (Grizzlies) Southmen in the WFL back in the mid 70's. Danny White, Larry Czonka (sp?), Jim Kiick, Paul Warfield.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Yes. Had the pleasure of running into a few of the guys on a field a few weeks ago. My 8 yr old son fielded 3 kickoffs from Dominik Eberle (one knocked the wind out of him, you could hear it across the field). Dominik is kicking for the Sea Dragons, so we are tuning in.