Xbox720

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting...forking down 300-400 for another system will be a tough sell I'd imagine. Not sure how radical the improvements will be.

eh, every new syastem has always been worth the 3-400 when it comes to new games, better graphics, faster speeds, blu ray and etc.

ill be buying day one, itll be better we just dont know how much better.

The jump from xbox tyo 360 or ps2 to ps3 was significant and this likely will be too.

400 is nothing for a brand new top of the line console that will be good for 6 years. (minus RROD)

Beyond that, services will become limited on the 360 and with the way my xbox runs most of the media and gaming entertainment in my house, I am happy to buy a new model that does it better.

Itll also sync to surface, smartglass and windows 8 which will be awesome.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
eh, every new syastem has always been worth the 3-400 when it comes to new games, better graphics, faster speeds, blu ray and etc.

ill be buying day one, itll be better we just dont know how much better.

The jump from xbox tyo 360 or ps2 to ps3 was significant and this likely will be too.

400 is nothing for a brand new top of the line console that will be good for 6 years. (minus RROD)

Beyond that, services will become limited on the 360 and with the way my xbox runs most of the media and gaming entertainment in my house, I am happy to buy a new model that does it better.

Itll also sync to surface, smartglass and windows 8 which will be awesome.

Yeah, I'm just trying to rationalize being the devils advocate...I'll undoubtedly be suckered into getting the next best thing. Oh well, it's a great entertainment machine.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$300-400 is not my concern. I have owned every major video game console ever produced. It is that they are also deciding on how I buy the media that is used in the game.

You don't have internet... you're screwed. There are still many, many people that refuse to pay $50 a month for their internet but still use their console. The latest figure I heard is that 15-20% of 360's never connected to the internet. I am not sure why they are wanting to kill 1/5 of their total market right off of the top.

Furthermore, if have an internet contract that has bandwidth limits, you are doubly screwed. Imagine trying to download a 5GB game when you only have 5GB in total for the month. (5GB is a conservative estimate, hell triple layer blu ray discs are up to 100GB alone)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$300-400 is not my concern. I have owned every major video game console ever produced. It is that they are also deciding on how I buy the media that is used in the game.

You don't have internet... you're screwed. There are still many, many people that refuse to pay $50 a month for their internet but still use their console. The latest figure I heard is that 15-20% of 360's never connected to the internet. I am not sure why they are wanting to kill 1/5 of their total market right off of the top.

Furthermore, if have an internet contract that has bandwidth limits, you are doubly screwed. Imagine trying to download a 5GB game when you only have 5GB in total for the month. (5GB is a conservative estimate, hell triple layer blu ray discs are up to 100GB alone)

I will always have internet so a non issue for me. I would imagine this will be somewhat scrapped anyway. Turning on the internet just to play a quick game of worms isnt necessary.

Also fine with digital content if priced appropriately. A lot of movie and show rentals are $5+ still, makes no sense to me. If I could rent it on the xbox vs walking to the redbox I would, even for double price but not 5x price.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will always have internet so a non issue for me. I would imagine this will be somewhat scrapped anyway. Turning on the internet just to play a quick game of worms isnt necessary.

For you, it may be no problem at all. For those with bandwidth caps, it is very important. If you are forced to stream the game or download the game in order to play it, you will quickly run over your monthly limit with as little as one game.

Hell, Cox has been trying to implement bandwidth caps for the past few years and they are still in talks about doing it.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
For you, it may be no problem at all. For those with bandwidth caps, it is very important. If you are forced to stream the game or download the game in order to play it, you will quickly run over your monthly limit with as little as one game.

Hell, Cox has been trying to implement bandwidth caps for the past few years and they are still in talks about doing it.

Cox has had caps for a few years now. You can even check your usage by logging into your account. On our plan it's 250GB a month.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't checked in a while, but you are right. I am at 85% of my bandwidth for the month with 2 days to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard