Writer's Strike

OP
OP
Rivercard

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Bill Maher caves and says he won't begin his show again. His excuses are all crap, and he's still a male frontal appendage, but at least he is (finally) doing the right thing.....

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...host-to-balk-at-working-during-writers-strike

He probably saw how bad Drew was getting hammered and quickly realized he would be next. And if he would have gone through with it he would forever be labeled a scab and a Pariah in the industry. Not a great way to get quality guests to appear on your show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He probably saw how bad Drew was getting hammered and quickly realized he would be next. And if he would have gone through with it he would forever be labeled a scab and a Pariah in the industry. Not a great way to get quality guests to appear on your show.
he might have been having issues booking anyone with any kind of liberal leaning bent to come on the show while the strike was going on. And then he'd just be a show that solely stood to promote right-wing crap. some of which Maher buys into, but most of which he doesn't.

bottom line - I don't care why he caved, nor will I condemn him for his initial attempt to bring the show back. I care that he's doing the right thing and standing with us.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
he might have been having issues booking anyone with any kind of liberal leaning bent to come on the show while the strike was going on. And then he'd just be a show that solely stood to promote right-wing crap. some of which Maher buys into, but most of which he doesn't.

bottom line - I don't care why he caved, nor will I condemn him for his initial attempt to bring the show back. I care that he's doing the right thing and standing with us.
I am glad he came around, BUT he knew better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Union and the AMPTP put out a joint statement today that simply said the two are negotiating and will continue tomorrow.

Its rubber meets the road time. This either gets done in the next week or two or I think 2023’s dunzo.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All those leaks have accomplished their goal so far. Between ABC likely postponing Dancing With The Stars, all those talk shows doing an about face and back to back bargaining days with positive leaks, there’s Lots of optimism on the line today.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All those leaks have accomplished their goal so far. Between ABC likely postponing Dancing With The Stars, all those talk shows doing an about face and back to back bargaining days with positive leaks, there’s Lots of optimism on the line today.
I really hope this is positive news...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negotiations confirmed to continue on Saturday. Can’t imagine they’d do this if both sides didn’t think real progress was being made.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to assume they caved, at least partially, to writers' legitimate demands?
To be honest… I have no idea and am kinda chuckling at all the “WE WON!” articles and Twitter comments from my fellow writers… without even seeing word one of the details of what was agreed upon.

That said, I trust the negotiating committee. I don’t think they’d take a bad deal, and I am anxious to see what the hell is in it.

I’m guessing details come out over the next couple days and there’s a ratification vote late this week or early next.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard