Would You Trade Dansby for Suggs?

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Straight up. Would you do it?

We need a pass rush, IMO, to win the Super Bowl. I don't like having to rely at this point on Okeafor, LaBoy and a rookie or two in order to get that done. Suggs coming home, IMO, would electrify and already electirc U of P atmosphere. We would have to acquire a 34WILB...by FA or the draft...but I think we could get a good one...I also think that Adrian Wilson would be "da bomb" there in the hybrids of hybrids, if needed.

Let's bring Suggs home. C'mon Cardinals, get this done!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
100% no.

If Dansby was used correctly (IMO)...he could be a Demarcus Ware type player (12-15 sacks/yr).

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Dansby isnt even in the same stratosphere as Ware, physically, talent, skill or atheltically.

To answer the question, the ink would be dry before the deal was even done being faxed to us.

Reaction score
No, I wouldn't do the deal. Suggs has become a very good player, but he doesn't have the versatility of Dansby. Also Dansby has become the leader of the Cardinal's D. You simply don't trade away your leadership!

jaguarpaw81

All Star
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No doubt, Dansby isn't close to being at Suggs' level. They are both top 5 players at their positions IMO, but a pass rusher always takes precedent over a ILB.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What everyone else said. You can hide behind lesser talent at ILB more then you can OLB.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I jst don't think the Ravens would feel like they are getting equal value in that trade. I'd do it, Suggs is a pass rushing terror.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Hell NO!!! Dansby has not been used in a way to fully use all he has to offer, and even without a bunch of sacks...he was doing a lot to hold this defense together last season...and when i think of our leaders on defense...I think Wilson, Dansby and Berry (yes Berry, and I hope we have him this season) and Hayes quietly and surely being a leader

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Not a chance. The schemes are different, we don't do alot of roaming(Ravens did). Dansby WANTS to be here, I've yet to see his MUG on the so called sheet, there's no angst. Mr. B, is class, period, and Michael has had to play by adherence to things (values) opposed to just WIN AT ANY COST,. Dansby is an up-side kid of guy, with a smell for winning by just playing the game I wouldn't even entertain, the idea. A seed, some water and a tad of manure and this will be a forest in no time. I should have just left this at "not a chance". lol

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
What everyone else said. You can hide behind lesser talent at ILB more then you can OLB.

Bingo!

That the main point IMO. All talk about if Suggs is the same, slightly better or a lot better than Dansby is irrelevant. A OLB is a lot harder to replace than ILB, so Suggs has much more trade value than Dansby.