Would you trade Budda?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is the foundation for the defense without Budda Baker? What are you building around?

You don't build around safeties and if Budda stayed we wouldn't be "building around him". He'd be a leader sure, because he's a vocal veteran, but we aren't building around him.

We need to rebuild the trenches. That's what we build around. Edge, DT, CB all come before safety. Probably MLB too.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The draft is pretty weak at safety.

Trade Budda. Sign John Johnson III who was the Rams starting FS for 4 years and Browns the last 2.

He's 27. Has 5000 career snaps. Never allowed a passer rating over 82.8.

Cost a fraction of the price and you'd barely know the difference next year.
How much do you think he would get?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The draft is pretty weak at safety.

Trade Budda. Sign John Johnson III who was the Rams starting FS for 4 years and Browns the last 2.

He's 27. Has 5000 career snaps. Never allowed a passer rating over 82.8.

Cost a fraction of the price and you'd barely know the difference next year.
Michael Bidwill would be proud of you.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Why not? He's a safety and one of the least important positions on the defense... hence, it is luxury to be exceptional at that position and means nothing if the more important positions are not solid, he is called a 'safety' net but not the main act

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why not? He's a safety and one of the least important positions on the defense... hence, it is luxury to be exceptional at that position and means nothing if the more important positions are not solid, he is called a 'safety' net but not the main act
if that's the definition you're using to describe Budda you don't watch him play

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
With a good draft, and getting Budda and Hop to buy in; all the sudden this team is still alive with a chance. The problem is their behavior indicates another agenda and MO inherited a job where he's expected to get rid of players not on board; both his values and MB mandates that say I need someone to run my fb operations and win while not repeating all the Keim mistakes. If they don't buy in, Hop and BB, they could get traded in the draft.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We possibly will be closer to finding something comparable after this draft.

A few Hall of Fame Safeties have impacted, no doubt, but even they were not the foundation around which their respective defences were built.
Closer to finding something comparable to two of the greatest defensive players of all-time? The faith in Monti has officially gone nuclear.

• Haha
Reactions: PJ1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
if that's the definition you're using to describe Budda you don't watch him play
Agree. For years I’ve considered budda overrated by our fans. I’m laughing my arse off watching posters now turn on him. I can’t recall how many plays he’s made where afterward they show he was on the other side of the field but immediately diagnosed the play and rocketed ahead of all of the players much closer to the play to make the tackle. Is he a HOFer? No. But he’s a legit special player. But I guess in present parlance he’s a luxury player.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Do we have either of those guys?
No, and proves nothing but my point... while some venture to dwell at a depth lower at position and gnashing their teeth over what some may call an elite safety, a complimentary position we did have in Budda which could not dictate anything

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No, and proves nothing but my point... while some venture to dwell at a depth lower at position and gnashing their teeth over what some may call an elite safety, a complimentary position we did have in Budda which could not dictate anything
So you’re saying that we could have Aaron Donald but having Budda Baker is preventing us from acquiring him?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Do we have either of those guys?
If you pay attention to this board, the Cardinals are going to draft the reincarnation of Taylor in Will Anderson... a guy with a 10% pressure rate whose numbers plummeted when he was used in the way Gannon will use him.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How many wins do you think Budda has added over his 6 year career here as opposed to say an average guy like Juan Thornhill or Vonn Bell would? Both of which are getting paid less than $8m a year.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m wondering if they can sell any tickets next season.

I think people here are deluded.

They filled the stadium with Steve Wilks, Mike McCoy and Sam Bradford.

The people that go to games are the people that have followed the team through far worse periods than recent history.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m wondering if they can sell any tickets next season.
To idiots like me that have a 3 years lease for Club Seats. I'm on my last year and there are lots of empty seats in the Club section. Little did I know when I renewed in 2021. I had hope. Oh well the special teams should be good and can always watch the lovely cheer leaders.:bang:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA