Would you pay Kyler 45 mil if this is (basically) his peak?

Are you paying Kyler Murray 45 mil for the production listed below?

• Total voters

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I mean… deep down, we all know what’s gonna happen here.

Kyler will sign this huge money deal with a boatload of guaranteed money… and then Rosenbach his knee in the second practice of pre-season, forever destroying his career.
It is already written.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We'll soon be reading about the contract extensions for Kyler and Hump. And the question will become moot. Some will be happy and some not, but it won't matter, because MB will be happy. JMO.

Reaction score
The framing of the question in the opening post provides the answer - any QB in the NFL that peaks in their 3rd year is by that very criteria a failure!! Given the parameters as stated, the only correct answer is: NO!

If you think Kyler has peaked you are already proclaiming him to be a failure in the NFL. You don't give failure QB's top contracts. . . DUH!

NOTE: This is not what I believe of Kyler, just illustrating how the question was presented. Chopper, you should try writing political polls for a living! ;)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the 3rd was Kyler's peak, and he basically maintains that, he is going to make a hell of a lot of money for as long as he plays.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Apparently NFL executives, players and coaches don't think Murray is a top 10 QB. ESPN poll conducted with NFL executives, coaches, and players.

1.) Aaron Rogers
2.) Patrick Mahomes
3.) Josh Allen
4.) Tom Brady
5.) Joe Burrows
6.) Matthew Stafford
7.) Justin Herbert
8.) Russell Wilson
9.) DeShaun Watson
10.) Dak Prescott

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently NFL executives, players and coaches don't think Murray is a top 10 QB. ESPN poll conducted with NFL executives, coaches, and players.

1.) Aaron Rogers
2.) Patrick Mahomes
3.) Josh Allen
4.) Tom Brady
5.) Joe Burrows
6.) Matthew Stafford
7.) Justin Herbert
8.) Russell Wilson
9.) DeShaun Watson
10.) Dak Prescott
I think the execs are crazy for having Stafford at 6. I don't think he belongs in the top 10, or if he does, at 10.

Can't really complain about the rest of the list though.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sauron claiming no offer sheet received, Suns will do whatever it takes to win, even up to 100M in luxury tax.

More promising update than expected.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think the execs are crazy for having Stafford at 6. I don't think he belongs in the top 10, or if he does, at 10.

Can't really complain about the rest of the list though.
He's an exceptionally gifted passer. In 13 seasons he has had one where he started 16 games and failed to pass for over 4,000 yards (and he passed for 3,777). He's top 12 all time in passing yards and TDs. He's not even 35.

I think that he continues to wash the Detroit stench off him and makes the Hall of Fame.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

1.) Aaron Rogers
2.) Patrick Mahomes
3.) Josh Allen
4.) Tom Brady
5.) Joe Burrows
6.) Matthew Stafford
7.) Justin Herbert
8.) Russell Wilson
9.) DeShaun Watson
10.) Dak Prescott
Would people trade Kyler for Dak right now?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Right now? No.

After Kyler's extension? Probably. Depends on what the details of that are. They're super-close to me.

Dak's contract voids out in 2025.
That's fair - I mentioned it thinking the underlying assumption that trading for Kyler would necessitate extending him, but you are right it all depends on the details. Was just generally curious what people thought.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That's fair - I mentioned it thinking the underlying assumption that trading for Kyler would necessitate extending him, but you are right it all depends on the details. Was just generally curious what people thought.
Someone asked me this in February or whenever the Kyler drama peaked. That's the biggest challenge/comp for me. A full year removed from that grisly leg injury, will he be as productive as he was in 2020? If so, heck yeah (maybe).

I think both are super-high variance players. Dak is the sixth-highest paid QB today in APY. Next season he'll probably be 8 or 9.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Would people trade Kyler for Dak right now?
I pretty much see them as similar in terms of what they bring to the table. Not in what they are good at/not good at, but in what they offer in totality. I don't see either of them as top 10 however the people who should be in the know (those who completed the questionnaire) must see something in Dak that they don't see in Kyler. I think there are several names you could drop into the 10 spot, Jackson, Murray, Prescott, Carr. Actually I would slide Carr into the 10 spot over the aforementioned others. I guess one could even make an argument for Cousins or Ryan being there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's an exceptionally gifted passer. In 13 seasons he has had one where he started 16 games and failed to pass for over 4,000 yards (and he passed for 3,777). He's top 12 all time in passing yards and TDs. He's not even 35.

I think that he continues to wash the Detroit stench off him and makes the Hall of Fame.
I mean, I dunno. Those DET teams were so bad for so long, they were always throwing the ball, because they were behind. Padded his stats.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean, I dunno. Those DET teams were so bad for so long, they were always throwing the ball, because they were behind. Padded his stats.
I think you're mis-remembering the Stafford era in the Motor City. Stafford was 74-90 as a starter there. After his first two seasons (when he started a grand total of 13 games), he finished worse than 7-9 three times (one additional season he only started eight games and went 3-4-1). They made the playoffs three times.

He wasn't leading the New York Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars. They were irrelevant, not terrible.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I personally think Kyler would be superstar status in Dallas. Primarily cause they tend to put together really good offensive lines and wrs. Probably a full regular season monster.

Probably wouldnt win big because well...its Dallas.

Dak would actually be great as a Cardinal. Probably no different in terms of production, but just probably the right guy for Kliff. Having a savvy vet would likely take pressure off of him and the team. He'd take over more in terms of leadership and command and Kliff could focus more on just play calls.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I personally think Kyler would be superstar status in Dallas. Primarily cause they tend to put together really good offensive lines and wrs. Probably a full regular season monster.

Probably wouldnt win big because well...its Dallas.

Dak would actually be great as a Cardinal. Probably no different in terms of production, but just probably the right guy for Kliff. Having a savvy vet would likely take pressure off of him and the team. He'd take over more in terms of leadership and command and Kliff could focus more on just play calls.
I do believe if you had to choose the best QB for Kliff and the Cardinals organization, Dak probably is a better fit because of the quality of GM and youth of the HC. The difference isn't huge and as long as we continue to see progress, Kyler should be ok with Kliff. It just isn't going to look like Mahomes and Reid because Reid has way more experience in developing young QBs at the NFL level than Kliff.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I do believe if you had to choose the best QB for Kliff and the Cardinals organization, Dak probably is a better fit because of the quality of GM and youth of the HC. The difference isn't huge and as long as we continue to see progress, Kyler should be ok with Kliff. It just isn't going to look like Mahomes and Reid because Reid has way more experience in developing young QBs at the NFL level than Kliff.
And Andy Reid is a Hall of Fame head coach and offensive mind.