Would We Have Selected AVT At #16?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After the top four pass catchers and the two top corners were off the board, it looked to me that AVT or Collins would be our choice. Most mocks had Minnesota taking a pass rusher or at least a defender. And I was pretty sure that NE would take Jones, and if they didn't we had a VG chance that a team would have been willing to move up to #16 in order to get Jones. I didn't count on the Jets wanting AVT and feeling that we would select him, so they wanted to get ahead of us. When they did, SK's decision was made easier. Or was AVT never in play for Arizona?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After the top four pass catchers and the two top corners were off the board, it looked to me that AVT or Collins would be our choice. Most mocks had Minnesota taking a pass rusher or at least a defender. And I was pretty sure that NE would take Jones, and if they didn't we had a VG chance that a team would have been willing to move up to #16 in order to get Jones. I didn't count on the Jets wanting AVT and feeling that we would select him, so they wanted to get ahead of us. When they did, SK's decision was made easier. Or was AVT never in play for Arizona?

the way the draft was breaking I thought he might be the guy

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn't see anything linking us to AVT.

We have a hole at RG so doesn't take a rocket scientist.
I didn't see anything linking us to AVT.

We have a hole at RG so doesn't take a rocket scientist.
By not addressing positions in free agency you show your hand as teams see holes and know who they need to jump in front of.

Had Keim signed an OG even a low level one who could start then the need wouldn't be as obvious.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
In a different universe we drafted AVT and Samuel Jr with our first two picks. Oh well.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wanted AVT but I always want trench players first and foremost. Still thrilled to get Collins because he is a front 7 player on D and will help big time against the run.

We have decent starters for the right side of the Oline and above average starters for the rest so no crying over not getting AVT.

OP
OP
G

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
By not addressing positions in free agency you show your hand as teams see holes and know who they need to jump in front of.

Had Keim signed an OG even a low level one who could start then the need wouldn't be as obvious.
Thought we signed Winters, and some said that he might even start. Or am I confusing Winters with the guy who played guard in the NFL?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA