Would the Raiders trade Andrew Walters?

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Would the Raiders trade Andrew Walter?

IF the the raiders took one of the Qb at 7 would they give Walter up for a 4th or 5th rounder? Would you rather have him than Cutler at 10? Probably not but it is interesting to think about.

Last edited:

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Yes on both accounts.

Although the Raiders spent a third on Walter last year, they can't expect to get anything higher than a fourth for him. I'd love to see the Cards get him, and if Young doesn't fall to 10, he's the choice.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant see the Raiders taking four healthy QBs (Brooks, Walter, Maques and draft pick) into the season.

A-Bomb

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't think we'd be an interested party, solely because of the backlash over Jake Plummer coming out of ASU years ago. It has a lot to do with why we passed on Terrell Suggs too. I'd love us to get Walter, but I think the ownership would cut off that deal.

Obviously, Walter isn't the hometown hero Plummer was, but it still would bring contreversy.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
It is WALTER!!! Not Walters!!! My lord get it right... I have heard so many people say it wrong.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Andrew Walter would be a solid pickup for a second day pick. He's got quite the arm.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I like Andrew Walters. I think Andrew Walters would benefit greatly from Curt Warner's teaching. Andrew Walters would look good as a Cardinal. Hopefully Bill Bidwill thinks the same thing.

:)

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Why would the Cardinals care about a slow-footed, injury plagued QB who has even LESS mobility than Warner? That couldnt sniff the field last year even with all the QB troubles in Oakland?

Ummm, no, no thank you, I will keep the 4th round pick!

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd say take him. He got a great arm, good mechanics and with the talent at WR and RB we have it could like his high powered offense at ASU. He isn't very mobile but he's a classic drop back passer, get an O line to protect him and in 2 years let him take over for Warner. Had it not been for the separated shoulder he got before the draft he would have went higher in the draft.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Walter = Navarrre with maybe a little more talent.

Same size and almost the same college passer rating. Navarre played better defenses and in a run first offense. Walter played in a passer friendly offense...heck Carpenter and Keller had higher efficiency ratings in that offense (of course in less games).

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
sr7706 said:
It is WALTER!!! Not Walters!!! My lord get it right... I have heard so many people say it wrong.

Thank you!!!! That's been annoying for 5 years now. Yes, he would be great pickup and I do think the Raiders would trade him. Lots of people are saying Al Davis will pick Young if he is there so there could be a possibility of Walter being available. As for the Walter vs. Navarre comparison, thats rediculous. Navarre can't hold AW's jock strap

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Thank you!!!! That's been annoying for 5 years now. Yes, he would be great pickup and I do think the Raiders would trade him. Lots of people are saying Al Davis will pick Young if he is there so there could be a possibility of Walter being available. As for the Walter vs. Navarre comparison, thats rediculous. Navarre can't hold AW's jock strap
It's not Aw's:D

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Navarre can't hold AW's jock strap

Navarre 6-6 250

college passer rating as a Junior 122.17, 55.4% and 6.5 yds per attempt
as a Senior 133.6, 59.2% and 7.3 yds per attempt...this in a more balanced offense with more emphasis on the run in a conference known for its defense.

Last 2 seasons 45 TDs 17 INTs

Rushing in his last 2 seasons -107 yds 2 TDs...of course in college sacks count as negative yards

Walter 6-6 230

college passer rating as a Junior 127.29, 52.5% and 7.2 yds per attempt
as a Senior 138.4, 57.3% and 7.3 yds per attempt...this in a pass happy offense in a conference lacking a lot in defense.

Last 2 seasons 54 TDs 19 INTs

Rushing in his last 2 seasons -237yds 0 TDs

So show me again how Navarre and Walter are all that different. Both are big, strong armed, slow footed QBs destined to be career back-ups and not a lot seperates them. Talk of giving up a draft pick when we have a similar player already on the roster is stupid.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Rats said:
IF the the raiders took one of the Qb at 7 would they give Walter up for a 4th or 5th rounder? Would you rather have him than Cutler at 10? Probably not but it is interesting to think about.
Oh Yes!!!

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Would any one even consider this if Walter hadn't played college ball in Arizona?

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
Zeno said:
Navarre 6-6 250

college passer rating as a Junior 122.17, 55.4% and 6.5 yds per attempt
as a Senior 133.6, 59.2% and 7.3 yds per attempt...this in a more balanced offense with more emphasis on the run in a conference known for its defense.

Last 2 seasons 45 TDs 17 INTs

Rushing in his last 2 seasons -107 yds 2 TDs...of course in college sacks count as negative yards

Walter 6-6 230

college passer rating as a Junior 127.29, 52.5% and 7.2 yds per attempt
as a Senior 138.4, 57.3% and 7.3 yds per attempt...this in a pass happy offense in a conference lacking a lot in defense.

Last 2 seasons 54 TDs 19 INTs

Rushing in his last 2 seasons -237yds 0 TDs

So show me again how Navarre and Walter are all that different. Both are big, strong armed, slow footed QBs destined to be career back-ups and not a lot seperates them. Talk of giving up a draft pick when we have a similar player already on the roster is stupid.

You claim not be a Rat, but you are. Take it to the bank, anyone near Tucson wouldn't know what a good QB looks like.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
just do it said:
You claim not be a Rat, but you are. Take it to the bank, anyone near Tucson wouldn't know what a good QB looks like.
That's a bold claim coming from someone who's jocking a QB that can't get past Marques Tuisasasopo on the depth chart and who's again been relegated to backup status by a guy who in 2005 had a lower QB rating than Josh McCown.

As of right now, Walter's about as valuable as David Greene out of Georgia. They're both successful college QBs drafted in the 3rd round and going into their second years having never progressed up the depth chart on their respective teams. I might give up a 7th round draft pick for him if he has a good preseason, but that's about it.

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
just do it said:

KMA

I'm from Phoenix, but I am first and foremost a Cardinal fan before a Sun Devil fan. I don't think Walter would improve this team one stinking bit.

You call me names but you fail to bring some evidence to the table that Walter is so superior to Navarre that we should give up a draft pick (ANY pick to get him).

Keller and Carpenter operate the ASU offense better than Walter did, he threw more TDs but they both are much more efficient passers. If Keller can bounce back from his injury and hold off Carpenter he will make a better pro than Walter. Gil Brandt already has Keller ranked #5 on his list of QBs for next year.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Would any one even consider this if Walter hadn't played college ball in Arizona?

In a word NO.

Its the same people wanting us to pick Hagan on day one(he's going to be a good pro but we don't need another WR like him) or trade with St Louis for Shaun McDonald(makes more sense than Hagan but not much more).

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
Zeno said:
In a word NO.

Its the same people wanting us to pick Hagan on day one(he's going to be a good pro but we don't need another WR like him) or trade with St Louis for Shaun McDonald(makes more sense than Hagan but not much more).

the same could be said of all you haters that use anyone with AZ school ties against them, most of you agreed with the Cards when they passed on Suggs, how did that turn out? If Walter went to Texas or Fla St he is a 1st rd talent."MaoTosiFanClub" another hater for which his name alone should explain alot in regards to not knowing anything talent related. Somehow Walter who sat the bench his rookie yr on top of being hurt was not able to break into the starting line-up in Oak, good grief...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Sun Devil grad, and fan, and no, I don't want Walter. I've never thought he'd make a good pro.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
just do it said:
the same could be said of all you haters that use anyone with AZ school ties against them, most of you agreed with the Cards when they passed on Suggs, how did that turn out? If Walter went to Texas or Fla St he is a 1st rd talent."MaoTosiFanClub" another hater for which his name alone should explain alot in regards to not knowing anything talent related. Somehow Walter who sat the bench his rookie yr on top of being hurt was not able to break into the starting line-up in Oak, good grief...
Ridiculous point. There's enough game film and media right now that essentially any player in the country that is a 1st round talent will get drafted in the 1st round. How else would you explain Jay Cutler playing at a school that gets much less attention than ASU and getting drafted in the first round. First round talent is first round talent whether you went to college at Florida State, ASU, or Alcorn State and it's fairly obvious Andrew Walter isn't a first round talent.

And just to add on the how laughable your opinion is, just this offseason Patrick Ramsey, a former 1st round pick who has more career touchdowns than interceptions in the NFL was traded for a 6th round draft choice. Daunte Culpepper is a multi-time Pro Bowler and he was traded for a late 2nd round pick. If this is the going rate for QBs these days, can anyone explain to me how Andrew Walter would be worth a 4th round draft pick at the top of the fourth round?

Now don't get me wrong, I do think Walter is better than Navarre and would defintely switch the two. But the guy will likely be the 3rd string QB in Oakland in a couple months and with Vince Young in the fold probably won't ever see a second contract from Oakland. We could easily wait a year and probably get him for a seventh rounder if not sign him once he hits free agency. Trading for him now in exchange for a 4th round draft pick would be just as dumb as passing on Suggs was.

Last edited:

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Redsz said:
I would.

Walter was almost rated as high a Rodgers before his injury. He would have been a late 1st rounder if he wasn't injured.

Anyway you put it, he would be good value for a 4th rounder

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
just do it said:
the same could be said of all you haters that use anyone with AZ school ties against them, most of you agreed with the Cards when they passed on Suggs, how did that turn out? .

Were you even around here when Suggs wasn't drafted? I doubt it looking at your post count so you have no idea how any of us felt about that.

With me it was Suggs or Leftwich, either of those 2 would have made me happy, the Cardinals obviously went the wrong direction.

You still haven't shown me with facts rather than opinion that Walter is a signficantly better QB than Navarre.

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
Zeno said:
Were you even around here when Suggs wasn't drafted? I doubt it looking at your post count so you have no idea how any of us felt about that.

With me it was Suggs or Leftwich, either of those 2 would have made me happy, the Cardinals obviously went the wrong direction.

You still haven't shown me with facts rather than opinion that Walter is a signficantly better QB than Navarre.

So now you need to be a poster on this board for a few yrs to know if someone is worthy of a draft pick? You internet fool, anyone with a brain had Walter rated way ahead of Navarre and was rated as a 1st rd pick or 2nd at worst if not for his shoulder injury. Navarre was slated to be a free agent but the Cards made him a reach even as a 7th rd pick. Im willing to bet that I have been following ASU and the Cards long before you. And I have been following this board for yrs but now I make a few post, but you are smarter than me ;) because you post more..whatever