Would Brian Flores really be all that bad??

Should Cardinals hire Brian Flores as Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 33 28.2%

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It depends on the player. I think good innovative coaches do tweak/change their systems to get the most out of great players. It’s what I have been saying about players like Simmons. You don’t just try and shove a square peg in a round hole because you don’t want to change your system.
Same can be said about Kyler to an extent. However, Kyler has been over coddled his entire playing career. I like the sound of a coach who is going to get on him and tell him like it is even if he doesn’t like it. Time to take the gloves off and make him earn his money.

He's a safety. Flores wanted him to play SS instead of FS because he's 6'2" and 210lbs. I don't think that's unreasonable of a HC to ask.

Minkah wanted to be a ball hawk free safety.

I would expect Budda to do what he was asked by his HC with no complaining. Minkah cried and asked for a trade.

I don't think lores was out of line asking a safety to play safety.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He's a safety. Flores wanted him to play SS instead of FS because he's 6'2" and 210lbs. I don't think that's unreasonable of a HC to ask.

I would expect Budda to do what he was asked by his HC with no complaining. Minkah cried and asked for a trade.

Uh, I think the safety has been fully justified in wanting to play the position that made him arguably the best safety in football after that trade.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

More like Minkah did the right thing which boosted his career with All-Pros & lifetime-changing money.

What a typical BritCard post.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh, I think the safety has been fully justified in wanting to play the position that made him arguably the best safety in football after that trade.

This is hilarious. If Budda or JT refused to play one or the other for the new HC this board would go nuts and say that both should do as they're told for the good of the team.

Imagine thinking Minkah should dictate how he is used in a new scheme with a new HC. Or do you believe players should dictate how they are used?

You can make the argument that he would be better used at FS, maybe even Flores believed that but didn't have the personnel right away to fit what he wanted to do. But he's absolutely within his rights to ask players to play where he wants and Minkah was out of line for wetting his pants over it.

This is obvious or the league would be in disarray.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The reason I'm defending Flores is I believe much said about him is a post firing rewitting of history. Mainly by the Fins looking to justify what they did.

There was none of this before he was fired. No rumors or leaks about players being unhappy or anything else that might lead to him being fired. I remember at the time people here commenting they wish we went Flores instead of Kingsbury.

Here's the Fins fans comments on the firing. They were shocked and dissapointed. When was the last time a HC was fired and the fans were disapointed?

I'd be just as happy with Reich or Ryans. I just think the Flores accusations are crap.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's be honest there were a bunch of Cardinal players that came out in support of Kliff after he was fired. Doesn't mean that he shouldn't have been fired. I prefer Frank Reich and think he would be the best overall choice out of the coaches that seem like reasonable gets, Ejiro Evero next and then Flores. Ideally there is a scenario where we can get two of the three (one being an OC or DC).

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flores will be interviewed today, so we will soon find out how serious he’s under consideration.
Totally agree, we will know how strong the relationship really is between Monti and Flores. It would also be nice to have a HC in place for the Senior Bowl practices and game next week. That is also a good place to interview coaches to fill out the open positions for a new HC.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If you're interviewing Brian Flores for the job it better be a genuine interest in having him as your next head coach, and I do believe our interest is genuine especially with Monti as GM

If Flores comes in and says the right things I think we're looking at our guy

Monti is known to be O-line orientated and I'm sure we we'd all appreciate that being the case. With how things are lining up - he'll likely have two full off-seasons to shop free agency AND two Drafts to dial in the O-line all before Kyler is realistically back to 100%

I think Flores can deliver a top 10 defense on that same time table

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If you're interviewing Brian Flores for the job it better be a genuine interest in having him as your next head coach, and I do believe our interest is genuine especially with Monti as GM

If Flores comes in and says the right things I think we're looking at our guy

Monti is known to be O-line orientated and I'm sure we we'd all appreciate that being the case. With how things are lining up - he'll likely have two full off-seasons to shop free agency AND two Drafts to dial in the O-line all before Kyler is realistically back to 100%

I think Flores can deliver a top 10 defense on that same time table
When he interviewed in 2018, Mike really liked him, but for some reason landed on Wilks. Today's interview is almost like a 2nd interview...basically catching up and seeing what Brian probably learned from Miami and his year away from being a HC. I would imagine if he does well today that will make Mike comfortable enough to hire him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When he interviewed in 2018, Mike really liked him, but for some reason landed on Wilks. Today's interview is almost like a 2nd interview...basically catching up and seeing what Brian probably learned from Miami and his year away from being a HC. I would imagine if he does well today that will make Mike comfortable enough to hire him.

I think it's more important what he's learned from the Steelers.

He only ever knew the Patriots. It's good he has the Steelers experience, especially seeing how Tomlin goes things.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you’re playing the woke game? Get out of here with that nonsense. Is Steve Wilks, who’s suit Flores followed also a victim? Wilks failed. Flores failed. Everyone fails at some point in life. Daboll is a better coach and has proven it. Grow up and stop crafting narratives to suit your opinion. Flores is middling at best. Period.
Flores didn't really fail.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, do you think Flores would have been fired, IF, he would have done whatever his "boss" had instructed him to do?

What would you expect would happen if you intentionally and deliberately disobeyed your boss?
By going along with his unethical and against the NFL rules scheme? Ross would have used Flores as the scapegoat if busted.

Ross is only still an owner because he's a rich white dude.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
By going along with his unethical and against the NFL rules scheme? Ross would have used Flores as the scapegoat if busted.

Ross is only still an owner because he's a rich white dude.

All owners save one are rich white Dudes and Dudettes.

The critical term of reference is rich, not white.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Well we atleast know that Monti and Flores will be aligned.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Flores. I think he would work well with Monti and make all players accountable. It will also be nice to have lost none of our high picks for a HC.