Would Brian Flores really be all that bad??

Should Cardinals hire Brian Flores as Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 33 28.2%

• Total voters

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Can I ask, are they Millenial or GenZ? My kids are GenZ and I think for them they have really taught, for the most part to be accepting of everyone and not see color, gender, style, etc...There are always exceptions, but my girls are both GenZ (high school) and this is what I'm finding. My kids would absolutely not see your kids as anything other than kids.

(Apologies if anyone takes offense or thinks this was a political statement...it wasn't meant to be.)
Both Gen Z. I'm a barely geriatric millennial if you go by the 1980 cut off for Gen X, but I've always felt like I was in an odd spot where I can understand both generations very well.

Gen Z kids are a riot. They know all the dirty stuff I knew as a young adult and they mostly are pretty good people.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
HC coach has say over the entire team so your Vance argument is tired.

Second, yes Tua was not playing well but young players need to be coached through struggles not benched. Of course a 10 year NFL vet is going to play more consistently than a rookie QB, that is what veterans should do.

Tua went from being shipped off in a trade in hopes of getting Brady to having a decent year because of a head coaching change. Flores didn't have any idea how to manage a young QB while McDaniels did.
Once again, it wouldn't be Flores trading Tua for Brady, that would be the GM. And again there are no reports of Flores micro managing the offensive play call but maybe he should have lol

Lastly, benching is a case by case basis. There are no set rules to coddle QBs. In fact if Kyler told me to calm the funk down it would've been pine time baby

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listening to Max Starks today and they were talking about guys that were just going through the motions.
Hollywood

Latter part of the year a bunch of dudes were making business decisions. It was plainly visible on game day

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Once again, it wouldn't be Flores trading Tua for Brady, that would be the GM. And again there are no reports of Flores micro managing the offensive play call but maybe he should have lol

Lastly, benching is a case by case basis. There are no set rules to coddle QBs. In fact if Kyler told me to calm the funk down it would've been pine time baby

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
And maybe Demeco Ryans will suck at developing a young QB as well but at least we won't have actual history that we would be ignoring.
He's probably the best case realistic scenario at this point.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird poll.

I first read the thread title of "Would Brian Flores really be all that bad??" and saw the poll answers of Yes, No, or Maybe before realizing the ACTUAL question is: "Should Cardinals hire Brian Flores as Head Coach?" and the answers are Yes, No, or Maybe.

Completely different answers for each of those questions. LOL

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Weird poll.

I first read the thread title of "Would Brian Flores really be all that bad??" and saw the poll answers of Yes, No, or Maybe before realizing the ACTUAL question is: "Should Cardinals hire Brian Flores as Head Coach?" and the answers are Yes, No, or Maybe.

Completely different answers for each of those questions. LOL

I know this to be absolutely true.. the Cardinals will either hire Brian Flores or they won't.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I have definitely warmed up to Flores after reading a bit more on his experience in Miami. He did alot with less.

Here is a great interview with Flores where he discusses the law suit but also touches on his coaching philosophy, experience in NE, etc.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see his name coming up a whole bunch. Are teams afraid of the whole lawsuit thing.
I think I saw the Falcons are interviewing him for their DC. Other than that his name has not been mentioned.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

A GM doesn't shop the starting QB without coach approval.

Determining your starting QB is not "micro managing" it is the expectation of a HC. The idea that you think the media could ask a HC why started a specific QB and the response being that it was the OC decision is realistic is hilarious.

Supporting a young QB looks very different than coddling. Again, Tua went from draft bust to decent QB with a coaching change away from Flores.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
24-25 record as a HC, the team had the same record by his replacement with inconsistency at QB, and their young QB played significantly better after Flores left. Folks need to raise their standards.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the argument for Flores:

he won football games with a roster most thought wouldnt win that many

he was fired for an irrational reason.

I think people get better during a second chance -- especially after getting an opportunity to reflect on the first one. (Bill B is the poster child for this).

again: his OC choice will be crucial

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
24-25 record as a HC, the team had the same record by his replacement with inconsistency at QB, and their young QB played significantly better after Flores left. Folks need to raise their standards.
In 2021 Tua was suffering a rib injury and then a fractured finger. He played considerably better towards the end of the season where they finished 8-1. Unlike Kliffy, Flo's teams finish strong down the stretch. Give me some of that!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Grasping at straws is a foundational Cards fan quality.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In 2021 Tua was suffering a rib injury and then a fractured finger. He played considerably better towards the end of the season where they finished 8-1. Unlike Kliffy, Flo's teams finish strong down the stretch. Give me some of that!
Everything about that team stayed the same or got better after Flores was fired. That is the impact he had. The worst part of the team was the DC who was a leftover from Flores's staff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose