Would Brian Flores really be all that bad??

Should Cardinals hire Brian Flores as Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 33 28.2%

• Total voters

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After reading and viewing a few YouTube interviews, I'm starting to warm up to Flores as H-C.

1. the GM and HC, given their Patriot backgrounds, should be on the same page. This communication is critical to a quick transition and the setting of new methods for the organization writ large.
2. Accountability is at the heart of Flores' approach to managing. Something all fans have called for.
3. In the past, he's mentioned Caldwell as his choice as OC. He has the reputation of being a QB guru. OC / QB Coach and Asst. head coach may entice him. If not, I'd seriously consider Frank Reich if he's willing.
4. Flores has a background in hybrid 3/4 defences. There are probably a few philosophical and practical kinks to work out, but if VJ is not too miffed at not getting the HC job, perhaps they can co-exist productively.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I completely disagree. The team played hard for Kliff and they were in all but 3 games. (opening night and the two against SF) He didn't lose the team, but he was in over his head.
Listening to Max Starks today and they were talking about guys that were just going through the motions.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Can agree on #1 and #2.

#3- Caldwell has already said he is only going to accept a HC job at this point.

#4- I don't want to see VJ with the Cardinals in any coaching capacity.
Caldwell is 68, if a HC job doesn't happen this year, he may choose OC, IMO.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I mean, why would you trust Flores as your HC after he fumbled the drafting of Tua? We gonna go back to picking up 30+ QBs in FA and hoping for the best?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I mean, why would you trust Flores as your HC after he fumbled the drafting of Tua? We gonna go back to picking up 30+ QBs in FA and hoping for the best?
He didn't want Tua. By this account, for him to come to AZ, he'd have to be convinced Murray can be somewhat of a pocket passer 1st and use legs 2nd.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He didn't want Tua. By this account, for him to come to AZ, he'd have to be convinced Murray can be somewhat of a pocket passer 1st and use legs 2nd.

So if he doesn't get what he wants here he is just going to jack things up as a response. Keim wanted AP over Levi Brown...that didn't make him a good GM.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To me, Brian Flores checks all the boxes the Cardinals should be looking for in a head coach.
1. Tremendous leadership skills.
2. Tough on players, but also widely respected.
3. Proven record of success as a head coach even with a talent deficient roster in Miami.
4. Should share very similar philosophy with Monti O given their multiple years together in New England.
5. Flores strikes me as a guy who coaches with a chip on his shoulder and that is a good thing.
6. Super intelligent guy who will make necessary improvements from tenure in Miami including bringing in a quality staff.
7. Coaching under Bill B and Mike Tomlin who both speak incredibly high of him.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Flores did to Tua what Vance did to Isaiah Simmons in terms of a lack of structure and consistency.
First, Vance is actually on the defensive side of the ball and actually does control Simmons' time on the field and how he's used

Second, Tua was the starter and started playing lousy so he was benched, Fitzgerald came in to start a game late in the season and actually won the game. That was basically it, Fitzgerald played again later but pretty sure it was due to Tua injuries

And by the way Tua wasn't ruined by the benching or the head coaching, he just had himself a solid year (remaining healthy was a huge). One could argue the benching may have ultimately benefited Tua
You must be registered for see images attach

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I would have taken Herbert before Tua as well

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
First, Vance is actually on the defensive side of the ball and actually does control Simmons' time on the field and how he's used

Second, Tua was the starter and started playing lousy so he was benched, Fitzgerald came in to start a game late in the season and actually won the game. That was basically it, Fitzgerald played again later but pretty sure it was due to Tua injuries

And by the way Tua wasn't ruined by the benching or the head coaching, he just had himself a solid year (remaining healthy was a huge). One could argue the benching may have ultimately benefited Tua
You must be registered for see images attach
HC coach has say over the entire team so your Vance argument is tired.

Second, yes Tua was not playing well but young players need to be coached through struggles not benched. Of course a 10 year NFL vet is going to play more consistently than a rookie QB, that is what veterans should do.

Tua went from being shipped off in a trade in hopes of getting Brady to having a decent year because of a head coaching change. Flores didn't have any idea how to manage a young QB while McDaniels did.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To me, Brian Flores checks all the boxes the Cardinals should be looking for in a head coach.
1. Tremendous leadership skills.
2. Tough on players, but also widely respected.
3. Proven record of success as a head coach even with a talent deficient roster in Miami.
4. Should share very similar philosophy with Monti O given their multiple years together in New England.
5. Flores strikes me as a guy who coaches with a chip on his shoulder and that is a good thing.
6. Super intelligent guy who will make necessary improvements from tenure in Miami including bringing in a quality staff.
7. Coaching under Bill B and Mike Tomlin who both speak incredibly high of him.
He checks every box except how to grow and develop a top 10 QB. The issue is that box is one of the most important.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Same. My two oldest are half black, and while they both identify as mixed, society will see that they are black first and foremost.
Can I ask, are they Millenial or GenZ? My kids are GenZ and I think for them they have really taught, for the most part to be accepting of everyone and not see color, gender, style, etc...There are always exceptions, but my girls are both GenZ (high school) and this is what I'm finding. My kids would absolutely not see your kids as anything other than kids.

(Apologies if anyone takes offense or thinks this was a political statement...it wasn't meant to be.)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose