Would Brian Flores really be all that bad??

Should Cardinals hire Brian Flores as Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 33 28.2%

• Total voters

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
'lis' and proudly. ;)
ever go to New Orleans for Mardis Gras?? Flour delis everywhere,... lots of purple and gold... streets in the french quarter are named in .....spanish
yeah, wtaf?
I mean, the street signs are in english on the pole,... with French across the top... like Rue Challouse... but the old street signs on the sides of the buildings, lots of them are in spanish

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some believe he took bribes and tanked. Well subsequently he said he didn't and never would. I wonder how you square that. Either he is the type of person who takes bribes and tanks or his statement means he is a liar. Which is it? Neither of those scenarios' commands respect. This team needs someone who has a bigger personality than anybody on the team or they are going to get walked over. Not sure Flores is that guy.
He was the one that brought the allegations of tanking to the NFL as part of everything. And then there is the lawsuit. In fact, I think he got fired because he wouldn't tank.

I think you have it backwards.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
ever go to New Orleans for Mardis Gras?? Flour delis everywhere,... lots of purple and gold... streets in the french quarter are named in .....spanish
yeah, wtaf?
I mean, the street signs are in english on the pole,... with French across the top... like Rue Challouse... but the old street signs on the sides of the buildings, lots of them are in spanish

Well, the city does have a French and Spanish background.

Fun place!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well, the city does have a French and Spanish background.

Fun place!
yeah... I just find it interesting. the United States is a fairly young country and I grew up in the west... dont often get hit in the face with history walking down the street. Always wanted to hike Europe.. Maybe fly to Greece, hitch hike to Rome,...wotk my way up and catch a boat to the UK.... check out 2000 year old churches, Parthenon,... then maybe camp out on the moors and study some monoliths... try that wire ankh trick on stonehenge

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yeah... I just find it interesting. the United States is a fairly young country and I grew up in the west... dont often get hit in the face with history walking down the street. Always wanted to hike Europe.. Maybe fly to Greece, hitch hike to Rome,...wotk my way up and catch a boat to the UK.... check out 2000 year old churches, Parthenon,... then maybe camp out on the moors and study some monoliths... try that wire ankh trick on stonehenge

Do Europe to the north in summer and the south in the early spring or fall as it gets hot there.

I've done Ireland, Scotland, England, Netherlands, France, Belgium, Spain, Germany and northern Italy.

Well worth it.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was the one that brought the allegations of tanking to the NFL as part of everything. And then there is the lawsuit. In fact, I think he got fired because he wouldn't tank.

I think you have it backwards.
Yep but there are plenty of fans that think he was part of it. Check out social media. I am not saying any of it is true. My point is it's hard for a guy to escape all of this and still command respect. Nobody likes a coach with drama.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That seems great until we realize Kyler often is not close to 100% or is missing games completely in the 2nd half of seasons. So terrible starts to a season will likely spiral out of control regardless of Flores history in Miami.

I realize next season Kyler will be recovering from injury and may be out a significant portion of season anyway.
Excellent point Outer.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
So you prefer the French spelling? :D

And, FYI, it's the King's English these days.

Well, the French were kind of very important in our whole independence thing.

Their navy made a big difference. Well, so did a massive Cat 5 hurricane(deadliest Atlantic hurricane in history) that destroyed many British ships in the Caribbean/western Atlantic in 1780.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, the French were kind of very important in our whole independence thing.

Their navy made a big difference. Well, so did a massive Cat 5 hurricane(deadliest Atlantic hurricane in history) that destroyed many British ships in the Caribbean/western Atlantic in 1780.

Navy, guns, powder, 6000+ troops, and gold.

Yes, and the US reneged on its debt to France, one of the precipitating factors in the French Revolution.

Robespierre thanks you from the grave, Louis XVI not so much. ;)

Back to Flores et al.

Last edited:

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The fact the guy is suing the nfl because he thinks the reason he doesnt have a job is because hes black takes away everything positive i think about him.
This says more about you than you think it does about the Flores.

Dang. Id like to hear your interpretation of why he is suing the NFL? Also, what does it say about me?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ya I know.

It would be a total MB bs move to hire Brian Flores to mitigate damage coming from the wilks end of the lawsuit.

I do believe BF got a raw deal, but I’m not interested in hiring the dude because he was a coach fired over a game throwing conspiracy who is black.

I just now realized the GM was hired on MLK/civil rights day. Huh.

Really hope I’m wrong, but this seems so Bidwill.

I don't think Bidwill is concerned about Wilks. Dude was legit trash. He was fired not long after as DC of the Browns too.

We also "fired" a white QB that was the #10 pick after a year and drafted a black QB.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I understand the OC concerns.

I think Flores can be a great HC. Taking defense and offense out of it and just looking at HC qualities I think he has it all.

But I'm also aware that OC would be crucial for him. There are plenty of guys out there to choose from though.

I think this is the essential part of the Flores-possibility. Being a head coach is not about being good at controlling defense, offense, or special teams. It is about being good at controlling the unity. As Brit, I also think that Flores have every requirements to be that, and that his success is solely dependent on his staff.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is the essential part of the Flores-possibility. Being a head coach is not about being good at controlling defense, offense, or special teams. It is about being good at controlling the unity. As Brit, I also think that Flores have every requirements to be that, and that his success is solely dependent on his staff.

People talk about offensive HC's without covering the negatives too. You have a great HC who also calls the offense and when the offense struggles you have to fire the HC, most of his staff and rebuild again and the players have to go through a period of adjustment.

There are advantages to just having a HC with a true OC and DC. The 4 longest serving HC's in the league are true HC's. The only ones I can think of that have had longevity calling plays are Sean Payton and Andy Reid.

It seems to me that if you want long term sustained success that a true HC that doesn't call plays is the way to go.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People talk about offensive HC's without covering the negatives too. You have a great HC who also calls the offense and when the offense struggles you have to fire the HC, most of his staff and rebuild again and the players have to go through a period of adjustment.

There are advantages to just having a HC with a true OC and DC. The 4 longest serving HC's in the league are true HC's. The only ones I can think of that have had longevity calling plays are Sean Payton and Andy Reid.

It seems to me that if you want long term sustained success that a true HC that doesn't call plays is the way to go.

I have no real issue with a H-C who, on game day, calls either the offence or defence.

What 'bugs' me is how some fans ignore the critical hands-on teaching role of an O-C / QB coach or other position coaches on both sides of the ball. First and foremost, the H-C's job is (and should be) the management of the game's three phases through coordinators and setting the overall strategy, and tactics. He should also expect regular assessment reports on position coaches from the three coordinators. And week to week, the H-C brings together the game plan in collaboration with his senior staffers. He also sets the all-important 'tone' of the organization... the one for all, all-for-one culture of winning.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose