Would Brian Flores really be all that bad??

Should Cardinals hire Brian Flores as Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 33 28.2%

• Total voters

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
First season (2019) with the Dolphins: 5-11 with team ranking 32nd in defense

Second season (2020) with Dolphins: 10-6 with team ranking 6th in defense

Third season (2021) with Dolphins he goes 9-8 despite starting 1-7 and having a injured quarterback carasal that was Arizona Cardinal worthy, also dropped down to 16th in League defense but it's obvious he didn't "lose" the team if he finished the season 8-1

We can let Flores fix the defense while Murray rehabs, plus we wouldn't have to give up a first freakin round draft pick to get him

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Who would he bring in as his OC? That is the major concern with a defense oriented coach like Flores.
Here me out...Earlier in the year, Cowherd and others thought Murray and Wilson should switch teams because the offense each was running was better suited for the other QB. Denver was a dumpster fire, but that was about 95% on Wilson. Plus if he can bring Kubiak with him to work with Kyler, that would be a bonus...he comes from good lineage.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
His guys in Florida never gave up on him. That's a good sign. It looked like KK had the Cards give up on him.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Very luke-warm on Flores. Great for the Defense. But doesn't seem to gel with focusing on getting the most out of our most expensive asset (Kyler). He would need to have a great plan for the OC and supporting staff.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Who would he bring in as his OC? That is the major concern with a defense oriented coach like Flores.
this is my question

Chan Gailey was his OC in 2020 and is still around

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m really indifferent on it & this is unpopular, but I feel like Kyler & Flores would get along moreso than Tua & Flores did.
Don’t love it but obviously better than Kliff

Does this fall under acceptance or bargaining in the 5 stages of grief?
Wouldnt it be so Cardinals to hire someone who is hoping for a DC job at best outside of the Cardinals?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And I actually like Flores, but still.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Wouldnt it be so Cardinals to hire someone who is hoping for a DC job at best outside of the Cardinals?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And I actually like Flores, but still.
I think Flores would be a good DC. Head coach, not so much.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Brian Flores’s racism lawsuit is playing a big part in his candidacy.

Steve Wilks and Ray Horton are part of the lawsuit. Horton was livid when BA wanted Todd Bowles instead.

Conspiracy, are the NFL owners colluding to force MB to hire this guy as a HC? Would pretty much invalidate much of Wilk’s and Horton’s complaints.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
First season (2019) with the Dolphins: 5-11 with team ranking 32nd in defense

Second season (2020) with Dolphins: 10-6 with team ranking 6th in defense

Third season (2021) with Dolphins he goes 9-8 despite starting 1-7 and having a injured quarterback carasal that was Arizona Cardinal worthy, also dropped down to 16th in League defense but it's obvious he didn't "lose" the team if he finished the season 8-1

We can let Flores fix the defense while Murray rehabs, plus we wouldn't have to give up a first freakin round draft pick to get him
Based upon this Flores is perhaps the anti-Kliff. His teams get better as the season progresses.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Based on all the things that went on in Miami & the lawsuits i would stay away. No way I’d hire him as HC if you’re trying to build a culture

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Flores would be a good DC. Head coach, not so much.

He's already been a good HC...

He has a winning record with bad OC's. Imagine what he could do with a good one?

I still think Caldwell will take an OC job after all HC roles are filled. He's been out too long to go straight back into a HC role and OC is better than sitting on the couch.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I forgot there is an immediate Steelers tie since he currently works for Tomlin.

A new report indicates that coaches on the staff of former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores discouraged Tua Tagovailoa from using his skills to visually move defenders.

His first staff:
The first group included Assistant Head Coach/Quarterbacks Jim Caldwell, Offensive Coordinator Chad O'Shea, Running Backs Coach Eric Studesville, Wide Receivers Coach Karl Dorrell, Tight Ends Coach George Godsey, Offensive Line Coach Pat Flaherty, and Assistant Quarterbacks Coach Jerry Schuplinski.
The second group consisted of Defensive Coordinator Patrick Graham, Defensive Line Coach Marion Hobby, Linebackers Coach Rob Leonard, Safeties Coach Tony Oden, Cornerbacks Coach Josh Boyer, and Crossman.
In three NFL seasons, Flores has had three offensive coordinators. This level of inconsistency must be tough for players, especially young rookies to grasp an offense when it is being changed yearly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose