Worth Noting

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
ESPN ranked the top 10 NFL QBs in a dozen categories using a reasonably knowledgeable panel. Murray ranked second in the 2 running categories, behind Jackson. He only made the ranking in about half of the other categorizes, ranking ninth when present. I’m sure Murray would be in denial about those ranking but the panel used accomplishments, not potential. If Murray wants the respect he seems to feel he deserves he needs to perform, not just tell people how good he is. Playing effectively in preseason would be a good start.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ESPN ranked the top 10 NFL QBs in a dozen categories using a reasonably knowledgeable panel. Murray ranked second in the 2 running categories, behind Jackson. He only made the ranking in about half of the other categorizes, ranking ninth when present. I’m sure Murray would be in denial about those ranking but the panel used accomplishments, not potential. If Murray wants the respect he seems to feel he deserves he needs to perform, not just tell people how good he is. Playing effectively in preseason would be a good start.
While I agree murray needs to improve, I’m unsure where you get the notion that kyler feels he “deserves” anything or that I’ve heard him “tell people how good he is.” Please elaborate.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I won’t spend the research time but I submit the fact he feels he doesn’t need preseason games to improve his skill set is strong evidence he feels he’s got this job handled.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The man wants to get paid after this season. I'm guessing that's all the motivation needed for him to improve this season imho

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I won’t spend the research time but I submit the fact he feels he doesn’t need preseason games to improve his skill set is strong evidence he feels he’s got this job handled.
So you make up statements about Kyler ‘feeling he deserves more respect’ and that he always ‘tells people how good he is’ but then you won’t spend the research time to show where he’s done so?

So essentially this is baseless drivel?? Yawn

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This seems like a non-sequitur. It would be better if he played effectively in the preseason, but if he were 12-14 for 172 yards and 3 TDs this preseason, it wouldn't change this panel's opinions, and shouldn't.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So you make up statements about Kyler ‘feeling he deserves more respect’ and that he always ‘tells people how good he is’ but then you won’t spend the research time to show where he’s done so?

Except Harry's an industry insider, so his opinion and knowledge draws water around here.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score

Cover your mouth when you yawn!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Kyler is better then I thought when we drafted him, is tougher, but still hurt Each year. He single handedly extends drives, we now have a run game coordinator and an offense coordinator for the first time in kks time. rbs have a voice in the game plan. rbs must be a primary weapon not an after thought. KK has ran more, after air red offense failed to compete in our division. Nothing against chase but he can’t hold up to 200+ carries must be Conner ! Chase may have 200 touches but not carries. run game means as much as ever in the history of earth, maybe more when your dependent on R/P option and play action. If you actually want to compete for a NFCW title - win that title and your capable to win it all - one fans opinion

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A) I think you’re normally better than this. If you’re going to make claims denigrating a player I think when you’re called out on it you back it up or you withdraw/soften your accusations. This punting is kinda lame.
B) where did he say he “doesn’t need them” - I saw a dislike for them. That’s different. I also just saw Fitz make a statement that no NFL player likes any of training camp. How is it different?

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
A) I think you’re normally better than this. If you’re going to make claims denigrating a player I think when you’re called out on it you back it up or you withdraw/soften your accusations. This punting is kinda lame.
B) where did he say he “doesn’t need them” - I saw a dislike for them. That’s different. I also just saw Fitz make a statement that no NFL player likes any of training camp. How is it different?
You’re right I am better than all this. Bye.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except Harry's an industry insider, so his opinion and knowledge draws water around here.

Harry is also very clearly biased. I don’t take any stock to his opinion on Kyler.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

An NFL doesn’t like the pre season?!?!! Nooooo your kidding me

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The only thing Kyler could do better is how he "messages" his disdain for preseason games.

Other than that, I get why he doesn't want to play. The game conditions are not the same as regular season games, and the potential for injury or overuse near the end of the season are real concerns. The preseason is best used to identify the young guys.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm a life long Cardinals fan (since 1947) and really appreciate having this Board to read/post. Most of my friends, who are left, are either diehard Giants or Jets fans. And they all think their teams are great even when they're not. Now, I don't read their message boards, but the feedback I get is that people who post, are always (usually) very positive about their teams. And they seem to have a hard time believing me when I tell them how negative MANY of the people who post on this Board are. So my question is, since I don't read other boards, is this Board typical of the other NFL teams?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone is biased. Harry is an outstanding contributor to this board.

nobody said he wasn’t, but nobody here’s word is gospel

Harry clearly has an agenda when it comes to Kyler as others have also pointed out. That’s ok it’s his opinion, but I also have the right to not take him serious on the subject

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I'm a life long Cardinals fan (since 1947) and really appreciate having this Board to read/post. Most of my friends, who are left, are either diehard Giants or Jets fans. And they all think their teams are great even when they're not. Now, I don't read their message boards, but the feedback I get is that people who post, are always (usually) very positive about their teams. And they seem to have a hard time believing me when I tell them how negative MANY of the people who post on this Board are. So my question is, since I don't read other boards, is this Board typical of the other NFL teams?
It sure seems like it has gotten much worse. I can’t read half of the bickering and personal attacks of late.