• 1998-2002-Plummer/Brown/McCown(2002)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2003-Blake/McCown

• 2004-McCown/King/Navarre

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 2005-Warner/McCown/Navarre

• 2006-2009-Warner/Leenert/Rattay(2007)/St. Pierre(2009)

• 2010-Andersen/Hall/Skelton/Bartel

Votes: 36 61.0%
  • 2011-Skelton/Kolb/Bartel

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • 2012-Skelton/Kolb/Lindley/Hoyer

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • 2013-Palmer/Stanton

• 2014-Palmer/Stanton/Lindley/Thomas

• 2015-2016-Palmer/Stanton

• 2017-Palmer/Stanton/Gabbert

• Total voters

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OMG. If I am reading this correctly, in the last 30 years we have only draft 2 guys that could be considered a legit QBOF. Lomax and Plummer?
Well, I guess if you draft a QB #7 the expectations would be of a QBOF, right? But, then Leinart arrives.. :D

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think it's even close. 2010 has got to be the worst QB crew this team has ever seen. Although 1991 is pretty fricken close.

Awe I remember Tom Tupa fondly haha.... There was a game where Tupa came in as QB and almost brought us back, I think it was against Tampa Bay... I remember the whole crowd at SDS (ya know, all 3000 of us) were chanting TUPA TUPA TUPA. lol

Anyways, just a funny memory, anytime anyone brings up Tupa I remember that game.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awe I remember Tom Tupa fondly haha.... There was a game where Tupa came in as QB and almost brought us back, I think it was against Tampa Bay... I remember the whole crowd at SDS (ya know, all 3000 of us) were chanting TUPA TUPA TUPA. lol

Anyways, just a funny memory, anytime anyone brings up Tupa I remember that game.
What is Tupa's claim to fame?

Reaction score
Any group that had Tony Sacca in it had to be given consideration but 2010 was the worst.

I remember when the Cards drafted Sacca. I was watching the draft with a bunch of friends and jokingly said watch them take Tony Sacca.

They did :bang:

I remember the Cards drafting Sacca as well. I don't remember one single conversation I had that year though... I had a 4 year old & a 1 year old at the time so I was pretty busy. :)

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This list is disturbing because the next few seasons are sure to be on this poll in the future. I have not missed the QB carousel at all

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Quick Tupa story that has stuck with me all these years-

My family moved to AZ in 91 when I was about 12 yrs old or so and I was taken to a couple Cards games at SDS that year- SEZ seats.

So Tupa was the starting QB and on each of our early offensive series I will never forget this really big, boisterous, drunk guy sitting next to us that would yell out "RUN!!" or "PASS!!" right before the ball was snapped and sure enough he was right every single time. Many, many 3 & outs ensued.

I just couldn't believe how this guy knew exactly what plays we were running before they happened so I had to ask him, how do you if its a run or pass before they even hike the ball?

The guy laughed and said come here kid I'll show you. Pointing at Tupa he said ok, don't look at anything but his feet as he sets up to recive the snap from center. He lines his foot up this way if he's going to hand the ball off, but he lines it up that way if he is going to drop back to pass (I don't recall the exact specifics about which foot where). I asked why would he do that, won't the defense catch on too? The burly guy laughed again and said well that's happens when you got a f'n punter playing QB!

Sure enough it was a dead giveaway every time. We spent the rest of the game yelling out "RUN!!" or "PASS!!" laughing and hi-fiving as the RB would promptly get stuffed in the backfield or the D would bring the house on a blitz and Tupa would get creamed.

It was the perfect introduction to a life of Cardinal fandom.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Quick Tupa story that has stuck with me all these years-

My family moved to AZ in 91 when I was about 12 yrs old or so and I was taken to a couple Cards games at SDS that year- SEZ seats.

So Tupa was the starting QB and on each of our early offensive series I will never forget this really big, boisterous, drunk guy sitting next to us that would yell out "RUN!!" or "PASS!!" right before the ball was snapped and sure enough he was right every single time. Many, many 3 & outs ensued.

I just couldn't believe how this guy knew exactly what plays we were running before they happened so I had to ask him, how do you if its a run or pass before they even hike the ball?

The guy laughed and said come here kid I'll show you. Pointing at Tupa he said ok, don't look at anything but his feet as he sets up to recive the snap from center. He lines his foot up this way if he's going to hand the ball off, but he lines it up that way if he is going to drop back to pass (I don't recall the exact specifics about which foot where). I asked why would he do that, won't the defense catch on too? The burly guy laughed again and said well that's happens when you got a f'n punter playing QB!

Sure enough it was a dead giveaway every time. We spent the rest of the game yelling out "RUN!!" or "PASS!!" laughing and hi-fiving as the RB would promptly get stuffed in the backfield or the D would bring the house on a blitz and Tupa would get creamed.

It was the perfect introduction to a life of Cardinal fandom.

This is as amazing as it is funny as it is sad.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I still believe Ryan Lindley was the worst QB we ever had. Max Hall could at least throw a five yard completion and Logan Thomas could run for five yards, but Lindley was beyond putrid. Freaking Derek Anderson sucked rocks but he had the possibility of being able to get one pass deep without doing too much damage to a WR's kidneys. It does appear a lot of guys respect Lindley as a mentor and coach now which is proof a good player does not make for a great coach

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
he was not a QB...dude was our punter
Actually he was our QB, he only punted 6 times in 4 seasons with us. We missed his true value.......

from Wikipedia "
Tupa was drafted in the third round (68th overall) of the 1988 NFL Draft by the Phoenix Cardinals. During his rookie year, he was used exclusively as a quarterback, playing in two games and completing 4-of-5 passes for 49 yards. His second season with the team saw an expanded role. He started two games at quarterback, while registering six punts for 46.7 yards per punt. After spending the entire 1990 season as strictly a holder on kicks, he was the primary quarterback for the Cardinals the following year, playing in 11 games and throwing six touchdowns to 13 interceptions. He then joined the Indianapolis Colts in 1992, playing as a backup quarterback to Jack Trudeau and Jeff George.

That season also marked the last time Tupa was used regularly as a quarterback; since then he almost exclusively punted, with only emergency occasions or trick plays making use of his throwing skills. Tupa sat out the 1993 NFL season, having been cut by the Cleveland Browns right before the season. However, he was re-signed by the Browns the following year and stayed with them for two seasons as their starting punter, and he scored the first ever 2-point conversion in the history of the NFL by rushing from a fake extra point kick attempt"

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Actually he was our QB, he only punted 6 times in 4 seasons with us. We missed his true value.......

from Wikipedia "
Tupa was drafted in the third round (68th overall) of the 1988 NFL Draft by the Phoenix Cardinals. During his rookie year, he was used exclusively as a quarterback, playing in two games and completing 4-of-5 passes for 49 yards. His second season with the team saw an expanded role. He started two games at quarterback, while registering six punts for 46.7 yards per punt. After spending the entire 1990 season as strictly a holder on kicks, he was the primary quarterback for the Cardinals the following year, playing in 11 games and throwing six touchdowns to 13 interceptions. He then joined the Indianapolis Colts in 1992, playing as a backup quarterback to Jack Trudeau and Jeff George.

That season also marked the last time Tupa was used regularly as a quarterback; since then he almost exclusively punted, with only emergency occasions or trick plays making use of his throwing skills. Tupa sat out the 1993 NFL season, having been cut by the Cleveland Browns right before the season. However, he was re-signed by the Browns the following year and stayed with them for two seasons as their starting punter, and he scored the first ever 2-point conversion in the history of the NFL by rushing from a fake extra point kick attempt"
there we go...that refreshes it,lol... sometimes it is difficult to remember all of the cardinals futility clearly.....it really is sorta a blur

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our 4th string QB in 2012 was our best one of the year. Hoyer went on after that to start a lot of games. Not for us, not really well, but he could play a bit.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2012 with 2010 a close 2nd.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
there we go...that refreshes it,lol... sometimes it is difficult to remember all of the cardinals futility clearly.....it really is sorta a blur
Don't forget, too, that he has a Super Bowl ring. Let that sink in. LOL

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
2004 was rancid

Sure, but McCown and King would start for the 2010 Cards over Anderson et al.

Again, you'll have a hard time arguing that the 2010 group was better than any other group.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, but McCown and King would start for the 2010 Cards over Anderson et al.

Again, you'll have a hard time arguing that the 2010 group was better than any other group.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson