Worst officiated ending to an NBA game I've seen in my life

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors/Nuggets, 122-121 Warriors. Denver misses, Nene fouls (no call) and gets rebound. Goes up for shot, stripped(fouled no call) loses ball. Maggette falls on ball and calls TO, whole Warrior bench screams TO, no timeout called, Afflalo ties up Maggette, jumpball 3.2 seconds left.

Maggette controls tip and whacks it towards halfcourt. JR Smith retrieves ball in the FRONTCOURT, momentum takes him into backcourt so it's backcourt. Whistle blows, no backcourt, they said George Karl had called timeout. So they don't give the Warriors a TO when the whole team including the guy with the ball is asking, but they give Denver one. And the kicker, by rule Denver can't call timeout unless Smith has possession of the ball. And by rule if Smith had possession, it was BACKCOURT. You can't say no backcourt he never had possession because you can't call TO if you don't have possession.

Denver inbounds and Smith goes up from about 40 feet falling away. Ellis swipes at the shot from the side forcing him to double clutch, shot is an airball but, they call a foul with .4 on the clock! Replay shows clear as day Ellis never touched him. Smith did kick Ellis when he threw out his left leg trying to stay in the air. refs convene to make sure the shot attempt beat the buzzer and then give him 3 shots with .4 left. He makes the first 2, misses the last one, Warriors rebound and call TO with .1 left. Now there is no way in the world you can rebound a missed FT and call TO in .3 but the one ref clearly was embarassed at the previous calls giving the game to Denver so he called TO anyways. Warriors lob to Randolph who can't tip it in, game over.

Ellis walks over to Billups in streetclothes who is laughing saying "you all got screwed."

Unreal, why bother to get rid of donaghy and allow stuff like this?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think the bucks got scewed too, when they played the lakers.

of course kobe ended up hitting a game winner.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Any ref that makes a call like they made against Ellis with .4 left should be suspended. Unless it is BLATANT, that should be a no call.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
NBA officials deciding the outcome of a game??

Who would have thought!!??

This **** has just become ridiculous and makes the game unbearable to watch anymore. Stern needs to go so a real commish can clean this **** up