Reaction score
World Trade Center

Release Date: August 2006
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Oliver Stone
Screenwriter: Andrea Berloff
Genre: Drama, Thriller
MPAA Rating: Not Available

Starring: Nicolas Cage, Michael Peña, Maria Bello, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jay Hernandez

Plot Summary: Academy Award®-winning director Oliver Stone tells the true story of the heroic survival and rescue of two Port Authority policemen – John McLoughlin and Will Jimeno – who were trapped in the rubble of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, after they went in to help people escape. The film also follows their families as they try to find out what happened to them, as well as the rescuers who found them in the debris field and pulled them out. Their story shows how the best in people rose above the tragic events of that day.

-------------------------------------------------------

First mentioned in this thread: 9/11 movie(s)

Here's a little more about the film (from a Jay Hernandez interview):

Hernandez will be seen later this year playing a Port Authority officer in the new Oliver Stone 9/11 movie World Trade Center, which filmed in New York last year and will be starting back up in Los Angeles soon. There's a lot of mystery and rumors swirling about the project because of Stone's proclivity towards conspiracy theories, but Hernandez denied this was the case. "It is Oliver Stone, but I can say that it's not in any way promoting some sort of conspiracy theory. It's the true life story of Port Authority officers that go in there to try to help people. It's about the human element like what these guys sacrificed to go in there to help people."

Hernandez talked a bit about the research and preparation that went into playing this role. "I went to the Port Authority and spent a lot of time down there with Will Jimemo, the guy that the story follows, and he gave us so much information in terms of making those moments and that experience real as an actor."

We asked Hernandez if he ever thought people would be able to get over the shock and tragedy of the events depicted in the film. "Maybe with time, but it will never go away," he admitted. "It's like Pearl Harbor or when J.F.K. or Martin Luther King got assassinated, any sort of great tragedy that a whole nation suffers through."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poster:

Attachments

• posterworldtradecenter.jpg
    posterworldtradecenter.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 219

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
Saw the trailer for this when I went to see the Da Vinci Code yesterday.

Really evokes a lot of emotion. I was tearing up 10 seconds into the trailer. :(

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dyle_ph1 said:
Saw the trailer for this when I went to see the Da Vinci Code yesterday.

Really evokes a lot of emotion. I was tearing up 10 seconds into the trailer. :(

Yeah I saw that trailer when my wife and I went to watch the Da Vinci Code this last weekend.

Wow, we were already getting emotional with just the trailer.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so not gonna be able to handle that movie for a while. Too close to home for me.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not what I expected. I was worried Stone was going to do a conspiracy movie here, but it looks more like a drama. I'm not a fan of Nick Cage, and this movie will be too emotional for me to see in a theater, but we'll probably check it out when it comes to DVD or TV next year.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it today. I thought it was VERY well done. Definitely invokes a ton of emotion. Made the wife and I tear up at times for sure. Also made us laugh in some parts. Just a very good movie.

Reaction score

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decent movie...basically a very huge film to show the rescue of the two Port Authority cops.

It was chilling to see it visualized what being inside that thing must have been like. And then to feel the buildings falling down around...must have been awful.

Mike

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. I thought it was pretty good. I really liked the beginning when the firefighters where in the building, that must have been just terrifying. Both Gyllenhaal and Bello were very believable as the wives stuck at home watching on TV. I couldn't possible imagine how awful it was for the real-life wives to go through that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard