Wolves add the final piece to their quest for the championship

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that the wolves have acquired yet another great free agent:

The three time NBA champion...

Mark Madsen :D

fordronken

Reaction score
Excellent post. People don't realize how important the "goofy white American guy" is to championship teams. Why do you think the Pacers added Danny Ferry and Scott Pollard?

Plus, don't forget that the T-Wolves grabbed Fred Hoiberg, too.

More important question: what are the Lakers going to do? They transitioned smoothly from the Travis Knight era to the Mark Madsen era(with Joe Crispin, Greg Foster and Mike Penberthy as backups), but now they face a whole new challenge. With Piatkowski already off the market, where do they turn? My thoughts:
• Cal Bowdler
• Chris Dudley(my choice. he plays center, and he's a guy who will give you hard defense and a good 50 or 60 mintues a year)
• Judd Buechler
• Matt Bullard
• Dan Langhi
• John Crotty
• Scott Padgett
• Matt Maloney

As for the Suns, they are hoping that Casey Jacobsen can turn into the championship caliber goofy white American guy that they everyone thinks he can.

Now, a goofy white American is certainly no championship lock, but it's impossible, I think, to do it without one.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by fordronken
Excellent post. People don't realize how important the "goofy white American guy" is to championship teams. Why do you think the Pacers added Danny Ferry and Scott Pollard?

Plus, don't forget that the T-Wolves grabbed Fred Hoiberg, too.

More important question: what are the Lakers going to do? They transitioned smoothly from the Travis Knight era to the Mark Madsen era(with Joe Crispin, Greg Foster and Mike Penberthy as backups), but now they face a whole new challenge. With Piatkowski already off the market, where do they turn? My thoughts:
• Cal Bowdler
• Chris Dudley(my choice. he plays center, and he's a guy who will give you hard defense and a good 50 or 60 mintues a year)
• Judd Buechler
• Matt Bullard
• Dan Langhi
• John Crotty
• Scott Padgett
• Matt Maloney

As for the Suns, they are hoping that Casey Jacobsen can turn into the championship caliber goofy white American guy that they everyone thinks he can.

Now, a goofy white American is certainly no championship lock, but it's impossible, I think, to do it without one.

:biglaugh:

I needed this laugh with the day I'm having! Thanks!

JJ Slim

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think there is any question that Dan Langhi will end up on the Lakers and lead them to their next championship.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirStefan32
Talk about the perfect team:

Payton
Bryant
Langhi
Malone
O'Neal

:p

Nah, the goofy white guy does not break the starting lineup in most cases. Usually he just makes a fool out of himself at the Championship celebration. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirStefan32
The three time NBA champion...Mark Madsen :D

Madsen has 2 with the Lakers, where's the other one that you're counting come from? ;)

Bye Mad Dog, we'll miss you at the celebrations. :thumbup:

fordronken

Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Nah, the goofy white guy does not break the starting lineup in most cases. Usually he just makes a fool out of himself at the Championship celebration. :D

Quite true. If he gets more than fifteen minutes a game he no longer fits the mold. That's why the Pacers made sure to throw Ferry into the deal. It was insurance in case Pollard became too effective.

Also, the Lakers just reportedly agreed to terms with Horace Grant. They need to call Dudley now before it's too late.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
I heard the Lakers signed Horace Grant today...anyone else hear that?

Mike

Yeah, woop-de-doo!

They lose Madsen and sign Grant--pretty much an even trade off if you ask me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson