WNBA Playoffs

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mercury have just swept the Stars and are heading to the Finals!!! 4-0 in the playoffs so far, baby!

Fever up on the Shock, 1-0 in their series. Game 2 is tomorrow for them.

Oh ya? Cool! I wish Candace Parker would have declared last year.. Shes hot..

(She would have forced me to watch more games :D )

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Oh ya? Cool! I wish Candace Parker would have declared last year.. Shes hot..

(She would have forced me to watch more games :D )

Come on, just watch this one championship series. Screw the D-Backs and their mediocre half month and there's not much for you to look forward to during football season. ;) 10 combined wins between the two teams if you're lucky.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to the Mercury for making it to the WNBA finals!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, just watch this one championship series. Screw the D-Backs and their mediocre half month and there's not much for you to look forward to during football season. ;) 10 combined wins between the two teams if you're lucky.

I didnt say I wouldnt watch.. Just said Candace would have forced me to watch more.. :D

LavaLamp2

Registered
Reaction score
I didnt say I wouldnt watch.. Just said Candace would have forced me to watch more.. :D

Watched the Mercury sweep the Silver Stars to make it to the WNBA Finals. The are fun to watch. Those women are amazing athletes. Their centers and forwards take heavy body blows under the basket which do not come across on TV.

It would be great for Phoenix if the Mercury do take the WNBA Championship. The Mercury are a great team... good teamwork, talented players, lots of hustle and toughness.

Taurasi is one tough guard. Pondexter, a sharpshooter, Penny Taylor a fast, powerful cutter and a workhorse. Tangela Smith, strong rebounder and a center who can shoot the 3 (There was one play when she was left open at the top of the key because well hey, she looked like a center who was just out of position. Maybe Amare is developing his 3-shot because he wants to do that once in a while.)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 wins to get into the Finals?

Pardon me, but :biglaugh:

And people wonder why it isn't taken more seriously?!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I, for one, am very excited.

GO MERCURY!

ps - BIM, please take your trolling to the smack shack

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
4 wins to get into the Finals?

Pardon me, but :biglaugh:

And people wonder why it isn't taken more seriously?!

3 wins to get into the Super Bowl...so the best team may not always win there. :-/ Yes, I know it's a different sport, but it's a shorter regular season and I'm glad they don't have a playoffs that lasts over 2 months like the NBA. Short and sweet, though I think they should have the Conference Finals and WNBA Finals as 5-game series.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the irony of Phoenix beating San Antonio to win the Western Conference and move on to the finals.

Go, Mercury!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Is the Finals a best of 7 at least? :shrug:

It's best of 5. Do 2 games really affect the legitimacy? You might not like watching the WNBA but these women have worked very hard to get where they are and deserve respect.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's best of 5. Do 2 games really affect the legitimacy? You might not like watching the WNBA but these women have worked very hard to get where they are and deserve respect.

I agree. They have worked hard and deserve respect.

I actually wish the league was more legitimate for the players and their fans.

They began the league with the slogan "We Got Next" (comparing themselves to the men of the NBA) and then proceeded to form a league which is basically an extended college season and nothing at all like the NBA. Maybe it should just be the WBA. The WNBA is to the NBA what Arena Football is to the NFL. That's not smack, it's just the truth.

I guess if the Rattlers championships can mean a lot to the city...so can the Mercury going for one.

Good luck !!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to the Mercury!!! :cheers: :thewave:

Heck I am now wondering if the Finals tickets are sold out :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I guess we need to know if they are hosting or not on Wednesday before I look at going to a game.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
I doubt they are. Only about 8,100 for the WCF. Probably will be 8-10K seats left for the Finals.