2.Indiana
3.Connecticut
4.New York

West
1.Phoenix
2.San Antonio
3.Sacramento
4.Seattle

I'm so glad to see the Mercury advance to the playoffs for the first time in seven years. The first round will be tough. We were 1-2 against the Storm during the season and they have some great players. I believe we will beat them and since we have had a fairly easy time with the second and third seeds, I see the Mercury making it to the Finals. I see them losing to Detroit or Indiana there. I'm hoping to go to one of the playoff games.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
The team is playing as well as anyone heading into the playoffs so that helps. How screwy is the playoff system, though, where the higher seed starts on the road. I assume it is to save on travel costs, but it's pretty off.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Here's something to be happy about. The Mercury won the first game of the series, the only road game, 101-84. Taylor, Taurasi and Pondexter all scored over 20. Tangela Smith pulled down 10 boards and got a couple of blocks and steals. Now they only have to win one of two home games to move on. Lookin' good.

New York also beat Detroit by a good margin. Could be a big upset there.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
The game is at 4PM on ESPN 2 today. No excuse why yall shouldn't at least check out half of the game. They could move on to the Western Finals with a win.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game. Mercury were up by like 22 and the Storm came back within 2.

LETS GO MERCURY!!!

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Hell yes! Western Conference Finals! Hopefully against San Antonio.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats Mercury on a good season and I hope they win the finals this year :) But will any of you suns fans find it a little upsetting that if the mercury won the wnba title they will win a championship before the suns?

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Congrats Mercury on a good season and I hope they win the finals this year :) But will any of you suns fans find it a little upsetting that if the mercury won the wnba title they will win a championship before the suns?
No, I will be very happy. I'll be more upset if the Mavericks win it, like the Heat did, before the Suns.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
San Antonio beat Sacramento 80-78.

Phoenix-SA WCF, holy crap.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Mercury won 102-100! Three more wins 'til a championship! The Mercury were dominating the game, but what's funny is the Stars made a great comeback only to lose it on an iffy foul call with under two seconds. :)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can now see why the WBNA gets a low attendance.. They have their playoffs right in the middle of the playoff chase for MLB and the start of the NFL season.. Has it always been this time of year?

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
I can now see why the WBNA gets a low attendance.. They have their playoffs right in the middle of the playoff chase for MLB and the start of the NFL season.. Has it always been this time of year?
I don't know but you should watch. :)

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Every series is three games. They need to win one of the remaining two home games vs. San Antonio.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for the Mercury, they've deserved a playoff run after the last couple of disappointing seasons they have had.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
The Mercury have just swept the Stars and are heading to the Finals!!! 4-0 in the playoffs so far, baby!

Fever up on the Shock, 1-0 in their series. Game 2 is tomorrow for them.