WK 9 Miami Dolphins @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 11/08/20

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The Dolphins capitalized on 3 first half turn overs by the Rams, a defensive TD, and a return for a TD. Their offense doesn’t really inspire a whole lot of fear, but their defense was getting to Goff. We should be able to handle this team, but I am pretty worried about the bye week hangover. Hopefully the team is taking care of business this week and will be ready to play ball Sunday.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Additionally, Our defense needs to get some turnovers this week. Some of the throws I saw Tua make weren’t very impressive... perhaps BB gets his 3rd pick in as many games, and takes this one to the house (he had a chance to turn the Dallas pick into 6 as well).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Dolphins capitalized on 3 first half turn overs by the Rams, a defensive TD, and a return for a TD. Their offense doesn’t really inspire a whole lot of fear, but their defense was getting to Goff. We should be able to handle this team, but I am pretty worried about the bye week hangover. Hopefully the team is taking care of business this week and will be ready to play ball Sunday.

McVay called a piss poor game. Dolphins were throwing a ton of cover 0 and McVay kept trying the same crap over and over that wasn't working.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I hope Reddick or Baker gets to Tua in the first quarter and gives him his official “welcome to the NFL” hit and the kid is hearing footsteps for the rest of the game

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need Focus and Discipline from our Cards , and I hope that the Rams losing to the Fins is the fuel they need to come out with high intensity level , especially in the trench battles . If I have learned anything from all these decades of loving this game , it is that no QB can Win with a pathetic performance from his Ten teammates . Lets Gitter Done , and send Tua back to the drawing board . This is not Rocket Science , we just witnessed 1 and 5 Vikes beat 5 and 1 Packers . Two words Cards , Focus ----- Discipline , lets go 6 and 2 !

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tua had 95 yards passing and they had 55 yards rushing. Thats 150 yards total offense. They won on turnovers and STs.

Their defense is good though.

I think we match up well with them. Won't be an easy game but I think we win. 24-17.

Last edited:

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
The Rams put up a ton of yards but turned it over four times. You're going to have a hard time beating anyone giving away the football that many times. Their defense has really impressed me but we can impose our will on Tua as well. If we limit the turnovers I have a hard time finding a situation in which they beat us Sunday.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins currently own the NFL’s best scoring defense
What a difference a year makes. The 2020 Miami Dolphins, through seven games, are the NFL’s best scoring defense — the team has allowed 130 points through the first seven games of the season for an average of 18.6 points per game allowed. If the Dolphins have conceded less than 20 points in any game this season, they’ve won. Period. The Miami Dolphins aren’t a perfect roster and they’re certainly not a finished product, but this defense has recently found the perfect blend of bend but don’t break and going for the throat.
https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-dolphins-currently-own-nfl-124841808.html

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kk had a long week to prepare the offense against this solid dolphins defense, offensively we have some options to find a way to create problems to Miami
Their offense doesn't scare me too much, they have a rookie qb with just few reps and I think Joseph would design some plays to put him in trouble
I'm optimistic

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kk had a long week to prepare the offense against this solid dolphins defense, offensively we have some options to find a way to create problems to Miami
Their offense doesn't scare me too much, they have a rookie qb with just few reps and I think Joseph would design some plays to put him in trouble
I'm optimistic

It's surprising how good they are because it's not a super talented roster outside their starting CB's. Shaq Lawson is a 6 sack kinda guy as is Kyle van Noy on the other side. Their ILBs are Elandon Roberts and Jerome Baker, reasonable players but not stars. Eric Rowe has mostly been a backup. Bobby McCain an average starter.

The only bits you would look at as top 15 are their starting interior D line which is decent and their outside CB's.

What they seem to have are a bunch of former Patriots players, mostly backups, that know the system and execute it well.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rushing is important vs the Fins. They are 21st in rush defense giving up 125 yards per game. Harder to turn the ball over the same way if we rush on them and control the clock.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
3 best QBs they faced put up huge passing #s

Russell Wilson 360 2 tds
Josh Allen 415 4 tds

Goff put up a lot of yards...although mostly garbage time stats.

Jimmy G struggled...but then again thats Jimmy G and he also had an ankle injury.

Cam's team beat them by just playing ball control/running it a lot.

Idk..Josh Allen and Russ showed they could be had for big plays.

We just have to hit ours early.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
3 best QBs they faced put up huge passing #s

Russell Wilson 360 2 tds
Josh Allen 415 4 tds

Goff put up a lot of yards...although mostly garbage time stats.

Jimmy G struggled...but then again thats Jimmy G and he also had an ankle injury.

Cam's team beat them by just playing ball control/running it a lot.

Idk..Josh Allen and Russ showed they could be had for big plays.

We just have to hit ours early.

They've given up 31 points what? 3 times?

Their defense is close to the Cardinals statistically. They look like they play well as a unit.

I watched the Rams-Dolphins and I was shocked at the substantial use of cover 0 and the Rams inability to counter it. Goff was getting hit pretty quickly and he wasn't protecting the ball. The needed to run more screen plays and quick hitting plays.

This was very much a game the Rams lost. The Dolphins offense was pretty pitiful. While the Rams defense is pretty good, it was more a case that the Dolphins lack playmakers and have an inaccurate QB.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Flores was part of the Pats team that game planned for Goff in Superbowl. That previous background definitely benefited his defense. Also another tidbit I found interesting is that Dolphins did not have a drive longer than 15 yards. That is against a Rams team with its best corner in Jalen Ramsey sitting out sick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose