WK 7-Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread Oct 18-Oct 24, 2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My thing is if he's constantly spinning outside (which he does to give him a more of a throwing lane) he's getting hit anyway. I think as @Ouchie-Z-Clown said in the game thread Kyler needs to take off and run a couple times to help slow down that pass rush.

His throwing has been great, but if he ever finds the balance it could be dangerous. Right now it seems like Josh Allen has that balance imo.

FWIW, I thought the Rams game was a great balance.
Exactly. I don’t want him to run to run. I want him to run to keep the threat present. So he can continue to do what he’s doing now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
do you want 5 year Kyler?

or

do you want 15 year Kyler??

This aint college ball where the starter is going to change in a year or two anyway. This is the NFL and he has to think of the future as well as the game he is in.

Im fine if he never gets more than a 100 yards rushing in a season.... he should be using his legs to get away from pressure so he has time to pass the ball.

obviously if he breaks out of the pocket and had thirty yards of open field in front of him, then yeah....take that and run out of bounds when a defender gets close. But if kliff is smart, he never calls another designed QB run again.

we drafted a franchise QB once.... Timm Rosenbach I think it was...dude was nails, the future looked bright.... but he got hurt in a game... when he healed up he retired from football and decided to become a pro bull rider..... said bull riding was safer than playing QB and he had a family to think about...... then thirty years later we drafted Kyler Murray

I dont want to have to wait another thirty years... I dont want Kyler Murray for a few great years.

I want to be an old man bitching on a message board because at 37 years old Kyler cant escape from the rush as well as he used to and we aint gonna win any more championships if he keeps playing like this.

This aint high school ball....it aint college ball...and it aint Madden....an NFL quarterbacks job is to read the defense and then get the ball to the team mate with the best opportunity to exploit the weakness he sees in that defense.

opportunities present themselves and when they do Kyler can exploit them...hell, I once watched steve bono run like a 75 yard touchdown right up the middle of the field...and he ran a forty in the 6 second range
You act like kyler takes hits when he runs. He really doesn’t. And I respect his ability to run and self preserve at the same time.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

While Im glad his attempts are down his production is pretty bad (for him). So there's still another level this team can go if we get better blocking on some of these Kyler runs and he doesnt run hesitant (some of the sacks could have been avoided as well)

Dont confuse what Im saying. I hope he runs less, but once his few runs become more effective it could get scary.
Unleash it during the playoffs

iceman25

Reaction score
He will. He has earned it.
I agree. There are some really bad coaches out there right now and I believe he can do just as good or better than them. But I'm sure lots of people were wanting him gone after that hail mary at the end of the 1st half Sunday. lol

iceman25

Reaction score
I was just explaining to my wife (who really doesn't care about football much) on how any team can stop the offense. Especially bringing in Ertz to an already powerful offense. It's insane to actually break down all the weapons on the offense! Even the running game (excluding Murray) has been a pleasant surprise. Edmunds probably hurt, but Conner has been outstanding.

Then the defense has been nothing short of amazing. JJ playing like he hasn't aged and all CB's have stepped up.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but it has been so much fun so far. Especially all the non believers of this team. Just hope this is not a let down game and they get of the game with no injuries.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing we haven't had to do yet is come from behind.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The line against the Texans has jumped up to 18.5 in some places. The Bills were a big favorite against them a few weeks ago and the score ended up being 40-0.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I think his overall hit 85 at one point last year. And thats with his passing grade still in the 70s. That shows you how dominant he was running the football last year. Again I dont want Kyler running around for no reason, but if he can climb the pocket/take off a few times instead of spinning outside or drifting there really is another level he can go.

This has him 2nd behind Stafford through 6 weeks from different metrics.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
They were only up by 3 on 1st drive? That's not coming back :)
to me, a comeback is either being down 2 scores or more at any point, or, being down a score with 5 mins or less left in the game

based on that, Minny and Jax are the games

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose