WK 3 Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/21/20-09/26/20

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Y'know, this just made me think... Larry's had so many teammates, it's gotta be kind of weird to consider Jaron an "old friend" as he's the last man standing in so many cases from so many generations of Cardinals teams.

In a sense, that kinda has to be a bummer.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We'll see if they trust Andy more or if KJ gets the reps.

I like Kirk, but man if he's missing games by game 3..

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even though he wouldn’t like to label himself “injury prone”, well, that’s exactly what he is.
truly is a bummer because Fitz said Kirk takes care of his body like a veteran... said Kirk is a true professional... so at least we know he's trying his best to take care of his body but its just not working out for him

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We'll see if they trust Andy more or if KJ gets the reps.

I like Kirk, but man if he's missing games by game 3..

Yeah, I'm running out of patience with Kirk. He has missed quite a few games, and has had a handful of catches he should've made in crucial moments. I think he is decent player when the ball goes his way and when available, but I think the Cardinals need a bit more out of their #2/3 receiver.

I was explaining to a Rams fan friend of mine that Larry Fitzgerald is basically a move TE at this point. He can still play, but I'd like more production from the other Wideout spot. I'm annoyed that Isabella isn't getting more burn. I'd love to see what happens when Murray looks for him more. I think we might be surprised.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
truly is a bummer because Fitz said Kirk takes care of his body like a veteran... said Kirk is a true professional... so at least we know he's trying his best to take care of his body but its just not working out for him

Some guys just don't fall like others. I read an article a few years ago about how MANY ACL injuries are completely preventable and it's usually the way a guy lands that causes the injury.

Another factor is that some people just handle pain differently. Every NFL player has pain. Every NFL player has minor injuries nearly all season long. It's just a part of the game. Since it's a longer season, it compounds a bit. Some guys can handle that, some can't, and you don't really know when a guys is drafted.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm running out of patience with Kirk. He has missed quite a few games, and has had a handful of catches he should've made in crucial moments. I think he is decent player when the ball goes his way and when available, but I think the Cardinals need a bit more out of their #2/3 receiver.

I was explaining to a Rams fan friend of mine that Larry Fitzgerald is basically a move TE at this point. He can still play, but I'd like more production from the other Wideout spot. I'm annoyed that Isabella isn't getting more burn. I'd love to see what happens when Murray looks for him more. I think we might be surprised.
Looked like Andy may have had a big play on if not for that Int (If Hopkins runs the right route to take away the safety)

Andy came back better so maybe KJ is better as well. I know a lot of people predicted Kirk would surpass Fitz as a WR this year. I think we sort of need him too. Dan Arnold may be the one we need to give more opportunities.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah...it is tough to be hard on a guy whose body just can't handle the beating it takes as an NFL player. It is no joke. Most humans aren't built to be able to handle it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Looked like Andy may have had a big play on if not for that Int (If Hopkins runs the right route to take away the safety)

Andy came back better so maybe KJ is better as well. I know a lot of people predicted Kirk would surpass Fitz as a WR this year. I think we sort of need him too. Dan Arnold may be the one we need to give more opportunities.

If Kirk is out...... this could be Andy's coming out party.

It could be. Same could be said for Arnold and it may be a two TE game as Det has struggled vs the run.

I've said this elsewhere, but I think when you are talent deficient at a position group, bring in 4-5 players and expect that things should get better.
This is why I'm not too concerned about the capital the Cardinals have thrown at WR over the past few years, I have low expectations on a 4th and 6th round receiver. I think they got cute on drafting Isabella as there are like 2-3 other guys they could've drafted who have been more productive.

I think the time is now to start getting the ball to Isabella. One of the things I hate that Kingsbury does is the jet sweeps with players like Hopkins. That jet sweep he ran was real ugly, a faster guy like Isabella definitely would've gotten at least 4 more yards on that play. Get the ball to Isabella. Don't waste that speed!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is it me or is Fitz noticeably bigger now than he was a year ago. Forgot how fluid he was on these deep passes.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave