Wk 17-Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys Pre Game Thread. 12/27/21-01/01/22

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It feels weird saying this, but this game just doesn't feel that exciting. We've already secured a playoff spot. I don't know that winning this game really does anything for them. Sure, there's a small chance we could still win the division, but that feels like a pipedream at this point.

I'm kind of indifferent to whether or not they win on Sunday. I just want them to play well come wildcard weekend, and honestly winning this Sunday doesn't guarantee that.
I agree that winning or losing this game doesn’t secure a playoff victory. But it still matters. These two teams could play again in the playoffs. Dallas is also still playing for home field advantage, which is very important for their offense. Even if Dallas can’t catch GB, the #2 seed is theirs if they win out. The #2 seed would give them multiple home games if they win their first game.

For AZ they need this win to get their confidence back. For me that’s more important than anything else. They played Indy tough and Indy are a good team. I expect them to play well in this game.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It feels weird saying this, but this game just doesn't feel that exciting. We've already secured a playoff spot. I don't know that winning this game really does anything for them. Sure, there's a small chance we could still win the division, but that feels like a pipedream at this point.

I'm kind of indifferent to whether or not they win on Sunday. I just want them to play well come wildcard weekend, and honestly winning this Sunday doesn't guarantee that.

Only way I gain a decent amount of juice for this game is if the Rams lose to Baltimore. That would at least give us a puncher’s chance at a home playoff game I still want to go to.

But yeah... most juice is sucked out of me right now. The only game that I’ll really get excited for is the wild-card game because it’s the playoffs and who knows what happens.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

We win two games and The Rams lose one, we win the division. I want the team to have that mentality instead of being content with the WC. If they can’t get up for they, then this team’s more poorly coached than I’d initially thought

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only way I gain a decent amount of juice for this game is if the Rams lose to Baltimore. That would at least give us a puncher’s chance at a home playoff game I still want to go to.

But yeah... most juice is sucked out of me right now. The only game that I’ll really get excited for is the wild-card game because it’s the playoffs and who knows what happens.
Yeah it is nice that the Rams play in the early time slot so at least we'll know come game-time if the Cowboys game actually has some implications to it.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah it is nice that the Rams play in the early time slot so at least we'll know come game-time if the Cowboys game actually has some implications to it.
It still would. Rams play the 49ers in the last game and Shanahan owns McVay.

I guess the question is would you rather play at home vs the 49ers or start on the road against a Cowboys team we just beat (assuming we win Sunday). Beat the Cowboys and I'd be officially on the we're a road team wagon. Just assume the Lions was the 1 fluke road game of the year.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least one safety's worth - that would have made it 20-13 before the final drive. At that point, you go for the TD instead of a FG/on-side kick.
I know that Kyler mentioned before too that Hudson had helped him make adjustments at the line of scrimmage based on what he sees too.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Think this gets overrated a bit.

Seen a lot of teams “peaking at the right time” only for them to still go 1 & done or only win 1 playoff game at best.
Well that is what happens to the majority of all playoff teams.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to know from those journalists why Rondale Moore is just used behind the line of scrimmage most of the time and zero deep route for him, for the only speedster we have is pretty weird
Because our OL still stinks.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol... amazing hypocrisy. Two days ago the sky wasn’t just falling for you, but You literally said you quit on the team.
During that game I sure did. Quitting on Christmas so it didn’t ruin my holiday is one thing. I can tell when we are beat. But the season is a different story

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have said all along we were not going 15-2 or something like that. 11-6 even is a very good season

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The Rams could lose to the 49ers too though

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Has Murray ever lost a game in the state of TX? I don’t think so. Won’t be easy, but we could win. Cowboys looked great because WFT did not want to be there. Cowboys are still an overrated football team. And Dak is overrated also.

Texas beat OU in the Red River Rivalry but they got revenge in the B12 title game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hahaha. You guys are more chicken little than chicken little. Jacksonville beat Buffalo. Houston smacked the chargers. They Raiders beats this team in front of a national audience.
Could we lose big? Yes. But we could play well and win 27-24. You guys don’t remember Kent Graham beat the super bowl loaded Cowboys.
Conner and Hudson should be back. The Cards play better on the road. But again we got smoked by the Eagles in 2008. Smoked by the Patriots 2008. And were a few unlucky miracles away from winning the super bowl.
This will be a test to see what we are made of. Beat Dallas at their place and we are back!
People have been posting this for three weeks now. And we’ve failed each one. But i guess those tests don’t count if it wasn’t the outcome you were hoping for.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You guys are clinically insane !! Seriously. This is the funniest and dumbest post of all time. Colt ducking McCoy!?!? Over a guy who has made 2 pro bowls in his first 3 seasons and was mvp leader Till he got hurt!?!? You people have lost your minds. This is why we struggle to be elite. If I were a player and read this. I would be are fn kidding me.
Lol. Yeah THIS is why a professional football struggles to be elite. Because some rando on a sports board makes a silly comment. Okay. Congrats on making an even sillier comment.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wilson had a shoulder injury going in right? I watched that play over and over other than I don't see how it was a penalty, I don't see how he got hurt either must have been tweaked on the landing?

This is an interesting test for Kyler he's from Texas, it's a homecoming game for him does that motivate him or put pressure on him?
Jeez if this pressures him too he’s just a fragile piece of glass mentally.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A little torn here. While I am still processing the nasty aftertaste of backing into the playoffs with our putrid play in the last month, I am not sold on the Cowboys just yet (yes, their D is vastly improved and we will most likely get a double dose of Zeke+Pollard).

Majority of us writing off the Cards in this game because of the shellacking the Cowboys put on the Redskins, err WFT. Again, this could be more of a reflection of who the Cowboys just played - the WFT. You have a WFT defensive lineman swinging at his own teammate during the game. And the Cowboys scored twice on D and had an OL score a TD. The chances of that happening the next game are very minimal. Kyler will be motivated to play in his home state and we will have both Moore and Hudson back.

Have you guys seen an opponent completely dominate the prior week only to come out flat the following week? Am I drinking too much Kool-Aid? Will pigs fly in 2022?

With that being said, 34-31 Cards :)
Wow. 34 points. That’s only 12 less than we’ve scored the last three weeks COMBINED.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard