Wk 17-Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys Pre Game Thread. 12/27/21-01/01/22

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha. You guys are more chicken little than chicken little. Jacksonville beat Buffalo. Houston smacked the chargers. They Raiders beats this team in front of a national audience.
Could we lose big? Yes. But we could play well and win 27-24. You guys don’t remember Kent Graham beat the super bowl loaded Cowboys.
Conner and Hudson should be back. The Cards play better on the road. But again we got smoked by the Eagles in 2008. Smoked by the Patriots 2008. And were a few unlucky miracles away from winning the super bowl.
This will be a test to see what we are made of. Beat Dallas at their place and we are back!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is weak when the pressure is on.

The pressure is off now. They made the playoffs. They are currently 5th and can;t go lower than 6th but thats unlikely. They are at their playoff floor already. They are on the road against a team on form who just scored 50+.

These have been the games where the Cardinals have played with freedom and won.

So it wouldn't surprise me to see them play much better vs the Cowboys. I still think we get beat, just because the bar is so low "much better" still won't be enough.
I will go out and say that I think that this game will be close. I actually like the Cards +4.5 here.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to see Colt McCoy start this one, at least give him a chance.
You guys are clinically insane !! Seriously. This is the funniest and dumbest post of all time. Colt ducking McCoy!?!? Over a guy who has made 2 pro bowls in his first 3 seasons and was mvp leader Till he got hurt!?!? You people have lost your minds. This is why we struggle to be elite. If I were a player and read this. I would be are fn kidding me.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bet the Cardinals and a sprinkle on the ML but wait until game day to get the best number. (as long as no covid news skews things)

Montanaman

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Card's now getting 5.5 points in Dallas. After this weekend I'm surprised it's not at least 10 points. If the Cards don't start quick and score fast they will get smoked.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilson had a shoulder injury going in right? I watched that play over and over other than I don't see how it was a penalty, I don't see how he got hurt either must have been tweaked on the landing?

This is an interesting test for Kyler he's from Texas, it's a homecoming game for him does that motivate him or put pressure on him?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Think this gets overrated a bit.

Seen a lot of teams “peaking at the right time” only for them to still go 1 & done or only win 1 playoff game at best.
true, I think for the cowboys the real test will come in the playoffs, assuming they don't get to play WFT again...

As for this game I think the line has it close, I was thinking 4. with that said the line doesn't mean anything. both teams need to win this game and both are capable of beating the other. this is the cowboys toughest opponent since they played KC. Of corse AZ have been struggling the past few weeks, so they need to get their act together in order to win this game. The matchup that I am interested in is Parsons and Murray especially on third downs.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
You guys are clinically insane !! Seriously. This is the funniest and dumbest post of all time. Colt ducking McCoy!?!? Over a guy who has made 2 pro bowls in his first 3 seasons and was mvp leader Till he got hurt!?!? You people have lost your minds. This is why we struggle to be elite. If I were a player and read this. I would be are fn kidding me.
our mvp leader has a bad case of the yips and I want to watch them beat a team. So yes, i'd like McCoy

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Wilson had a shoulder injury going in right? I watched that play over and over other than I don't see how it was a penalty, I don't see how he got hurt either must have been tweaked on the landing?

This is an interesting test for Kyler he's from Texas, it's a homecoming game for him does that motivate him or put pressure on him?
Murray put on a show last year, he really embarrassed Dallas. of corse a lot has changed since then. I think it motivates Kyler and puts pressure on him for sure, it just depends on how he handles it during the game.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A little torn here. While I am still processing the nasty aftertaste of backing into the playoffs with our putrid play in the last month, I am not sold on the Cowboys just yet (yes, their D is vastly improved and we will most likely get a double dose of Zeke+Pollard).

Majority of us writing off the Cards in this game because of the shellacking the Cowboys put on the Redskins, err WFT. Again, this could be more of a reflection of who the Cowboys just played - the WFT. You have a WFT defensive lineman swinging at his own teammate during the game. And the Cowboys scored twice on D and had an OL score a TD. The chances of that happening the next game are very minimal. Kyler will be motivated to play in his home state and we will have both Moore and Hudson back.

Have you guys seen an opponent completely dominate the prior week only to come out flat the following week? Am I drinking too much Kool-Aid? Will pigs fly in 2022?

With that being said, 34-31 Cards :)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
A little torn here. While I am still processing the nasty aftertaste of backing into the playoffs with our putrid play in the last month, I am not sold on the Cowboys just yet (yes, their D is vastly improved and we will most likely get a double dose of Zeke+Pollard).

Majority of us writing off the Cards in this game because of the shellacking the Cowboys put on the Redskins, err WFT. Again, this could be more of a reflection of who the Cowboys just played - the WFT. You have a WFT defensive lineman swinging at his own teammate during the game. And the Cowboys scored twice on D and had an OL score a TD. The chances of that happening the next game are very minimal. Kyler will be motivated to play in his home state and we will have both Moore and Hudson back.

Have you guys seen an opponent completely dominate the prior week only to come out flat the following week? Am I drinking too much Kool-Aid? Will pigs fly in 2022?

With that being said, 34-31 Cards :)
I do think the cowboys caught WFT at a bad time. WFT played 2 games in a very short span and they have dealt with a covid outbreak. when dallas had similar scenario around thanksgiving, they lost to the raiders, a team that I think dallas would beat if the circumstances were different. just a couple weeks ago WFT played dallas a lot harder as they were coming off of a 4 game win streak, but I will say in that game it was 19-0 very quickly as well, dallas just didn't finish them off like they should have. as far as the cowboys getting TDs on defense and special teams...they have been doing that all season. they have blocked multiple punts and I think they lead the league in defensive TDs. I do agree with you that they could come out flat and hungover from the win, but considering they are playing AZ I would expect that they will be ready to play. this is the NFL you never know from week to week, hell WFT is still mathematically alive to make the playoffs and the way this season has gone I would not say that's impossible.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. You guys are more chicken little than chicken little. Jacksonville beat Buffalo. Houston smacked the chargers. They Raiders beats this team in front of a national audience.
Could we lose big? Yes. But we could play well and win 27-24. You guys don’t remember Kent Graham beat the super bowl loaded Cowboys.
Conner and Hudson should be back. The Cards play better on the road. But again we got smoked by the Eagles in 2008. Smoked by the Patriots 2008. And were a few unlucky miracles away from winning the super bowl.
This will be a test to see what we are made of. Beat Dallas at their place and we are back!
Lol... amazing hypocrisy. Two days ago the sky wasn’t just falling for you, but You literally said you quit on the team.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
if we had kent graham next week we would have a better chance of winning....

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It feels weird saying this, but this game just doesn't feel that exciting. We've already secured a playoff spot. I don't know that winning this game really does anything for them. Sure, there's a small chance we could still win the division, but that feels like a pipedream at this point.

I'm kind of indifferent to whether or not they win on Sunday. I just want them to play well come wildcard weekend, and honestly winning this Sunday doesn't guarantee that.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Only good thing is that Dallas smoked WFT, so I don't think we get rolled. But, we'll still find a way to lose.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson