Wk 10-Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread 11/8-11/13, 2021

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hardly proof of anything with Mahomes. He has been poor for like 5 straight games now.

We have also torched some defenses that are on par with GB. Regardless their defense is good, but not good enough that they should be holding us to 21 points.
Mahomes was 20/37 for 166 yards AT HOME last week. It was statistically the worse day of his career.

Reaction score
I have felt good about several games this year when people said we had little to no chance. This one, I don't have a good feeling. I think this is the game we are not supposed to lose and we do. I don't think we can go 17 games without a let down game.
I think the cards slay another nemesis..just like the rams
Cardinals 31-17

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I will actually get to watch this game, as I am just a little over an our from the stadium (in South Carolina). Gave up Direct TV a couple of years ago, so no Sunday ticket. The only thing that bothers me about this game is that it is in Arizona. For what ever reasons we seem better focused as a team when we are playing on the road. But since it looks like we won't have Murray or Hopkins again this week we might be a little more focused on this game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know it's the darksider in me, but KM's durability is starting to come into question. Last year, it derailed our season completely. This year it hasn't yet. And I get he's only missed one game so far. I understand that. It's just...worrisome. I'm a Cards fan. I worry. Sue me :)
I get the feeling if Chris Streveler was our backup QB then Kyler would have played last game.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
I know it's the darksider in me, but KM's durability is starting to come into question. Last year, it derailed our season completely. This year it hasn't yet. And I get he's only missed one game so far. I understand that. It's just...worrisome. I'm a Cards fan. I worry. Sue me :)
It's football. I would think number 1 sport for injuries/serious injuries. What else is there to be said

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That he's not going to reach his potential/we won't win what we could win if he becomes injury prone. Pretty simple stuff here.
Depends.

Last year he initially hurt his shoulder trying to run through a defender for a 1st down against Miami late in the game. Then by the Seattle game he fell on it awkward and then the season changed. I dont think he'll ever try running over a defender again.

This last injury was on a designed run where frankly we didnt even need to do it cause we were throwing it so well.

Thats ultimately the key with his health. Either he's so elusive he doesnt take those big shots like he did last year. Or he's throwing well enough to where we dont need to use him for designed runs if at all (Russell Wilson) I kinda think he was heading that way this year. Shame he got hurt.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Depends.

Last year he initially hurt his shoulder trying to run through a defender for a 1st down against Miami late in the game. Then by the Seattle game he fell on it awkward and then the season changed. I dont think he'll ever try running over a defender again.

This last injury was on a designed run where frankly we didnt even need to do it cause we were throwing it so well.

Thats ulimately the key with his health. Either he's so elusive he doesnt take those big shots like he did last year. Or he's throwing well enough to where we dont need to use him for designed runs if at all (Russell Wilson) I kinda think he was heading that way this year. Shame he got hurt.
Yep, I agree on that designed run. No need for those, unless they're well-timed boots with pass options. Leave the nice runs for scramble plays.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Depends.

Thats ulimately the key with his health. Either he's so elusive he doesnt take those big shots like he did last year. Or he's throwing well enough to where we dont need to use him for designed runs if at all (Russell Wilson) I kinda think he was heading that way this year. Shame he got hurt.

@SoonerLou, you're right about the play last year vs. Miami. That was a big time collision. But I'm also going to say the worst out loud man, even though I shouldn't. Have a seat before you read the next line.

Murray appears to be a little fragile.

Now maybe its still too small of a sample size, and maybe it's just been bad luck so far. But it sure doesn't seem to take very much contact to take him down to less than 100% effectiveness. He's like a finely-tuned watch that works better than pretty much any other watch, but that you also have to be very careful with.

I hope I'm wrong man, but what do you think?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Think we win this game but we lose to Seattle next week even with a returning Kyler & how dominant we been on the road.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Positive of this is that Kyler will have less wear & tear on him going down the stretch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose