Wipeout

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Watched it just now. Pretty funny and is a ripoff of MXC. I think it'll get old after 5-6 eps, but it will do the job for ABC.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, total rip-off of MXC. I will say that Big Balls is the best challenge out of all of them though. Plus, while the commentary has some funny stuff in it, nothing compares to some of the one liners they dubbed over on MXC.

So, while not as funny as MXC, it was still entertaining enough that I'll tune in again next week.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I laughed through the whole episode.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first ep and promptly deleted it and future recordings from the DVR.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Laughed my arse off through the whole thing. Announcers were so funny.

Its all about sucker punch and big balls.

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
i don't think it's a show i will put on my DVR list or anything, but I thought it was pretty funny.....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved the first one I watched it with my girlfriend and a friends 17 year old son(he was helping me at work so he was staying at my place). We all 3 laughed out loud repeatedly which impressed me since we have 3 different senses of humor. It will get old fast I'm sure but the first one was good.

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
yea i watched it again last night... got old REAL quick...... some of those people i have no idea why they are even on the show...

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
I never get tired of watching people bounce off the big red balls. Anybody else watch it? I realize it is stupid...but I am hooked.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
I do and I know its stupid but I can't help it. I really like the motivator this year! They have some really new and hard stages to go over. If you like that you should watch "I Survived a Japanese Game Show". That show is great, and the second season just started last night after Wipeout.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watched it really for the first time last night, it was on in the backround while I worked on my laptop, because I could not justify sitting on the couch watching that only...

THAT SAID... I found myself laughing histarically at that first huge woman... everytime they showed that I lost it... It was incredibly dumb, and I felt like a child again laughing over slapstick humor, but I was, and you know I am typing about it this morning picturing that slow motion of it and I am smiling...

SO yeah, I guess I will watch it again, but I think it may be something that gets very old very quickly..

Am I wrong?

OP
OP
D

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
The guy that won finished the course in like a minute and six seconds was really impressive!

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
The guy that won finished the course in like a minute and six seconds was really impressive!

Not really too impressed...he only made it to the 4th Big Red Ball. Actually, that was very impressive. I thought he was going to make it all the way through without getting wet or muddy. Has anyone ever made it through without falling into the mud or water? I doubt it. Also, I think his time was the fastest in Wipeout history.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I thought it would get old, but it hasnt yet for me. There is always one point in every episode that I cant breath for 1 minute becuase I am laughing to hard. I turn into a giggling 5 year old everytime.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
yeah, i'm guilty of loving it also. and cheese is sooo pissed at me for turning him onto it too now. as a writer he's disgusted by it, as lover of physical comedy he's in love.

this is as close to "Ow My Balls!" (see Idiocracy) as i hope we ever get.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Way to much fun. It's just an hour of watching people get hurt and watching people get hurt is funny.

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
this is as close to "Ow My Balls!" (see Idiocracy) as i hope we ever get.

I was thinking that too as I watched it and it is only 2009....we still have 500 years of natural selection left. We are well on our way to making Mike Judge a Prophet. I still love every minute and can't wait for tonight's episode.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
An empty Ninja Warrior, but funnier.

Combine the two shows and it'll be legendary.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
This show just makes me laugh like an idiot. Such a great hour of mindless entertainment.

I really think if they charged $20 and made it a park you could visit as long as you signed something saying you wouldn't sue if you died or lost a limb they could make a lot of money. Me and all my friends sure as hell would go to compete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard