The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon (AMC)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the first episode and this is by far the best spin off and best episode of any walking dead since the Negan days of the OG show.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the first episode and this is by far the best spin off and best episode of any walking dead since the Negan days of the OG show.
Spot on. After watching the first episode, this series looks to be very, very good.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has there been a better character evolution than his?

You must be registered for see images attach

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do you need to be caught up with the other series like TWD, FTWD, etc. to enjoy this or does it stand-alone? I bailed on the franchise a couple years ago shortly after they took out Carl.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you need to be caught up with the other series like TWD, FTWD, etc. to enjoy this or does it stand-alone? I bailed on the franchise a couple years ago shortly after they took out Carl.
Not really. I know for me watching his evolution as a character makes it more enjoyable, but I think you'll still enjoy it. There is one reference to the Commonwealth you won't understand, but so far the really is it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has there been a better character evolution than his?

I wonder if it is because there was more freedom with his character. He is a character written for the TV show that has no storyline to follow from the source material (The Walking Dead comics).

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode 2 didn't disappoint. Great character development for the first time in forever and some glimpses of the first days of France going under. This episode also has an episode 4 feeling from the OG season.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Average episode, but some fun moments. This show feels more what the Zombie apocalypse world be like.

Homing Pigeons!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're all so lucky in these shows that electricity is so readily available....

Oh... wait.....

:D

P.S. I'm really liking this show.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're all so lucky in these shows that electricity is so readily available....

Oh... wait.....

:D

P.S. I'm really liking this show.

10% is Paris is powered by wind. It's realistic that they could tap into that with only a few thousand people left and have enough power. The US show was so much in the sticks, it would had been harder.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another great episode with a giant reveal. It's looking like there might be a cure.

Also, in World Beyond, the leader of the Villians made an appearance and there was a cut scene to France at the end that let us know the virus originated there and there are major ties to this series. We might actually see an ending to it all. I was reading up and of all the new series, this one is the one they are planning a handful of seasons. The rest are limited. I wonder if they are sync back up and they do a movie to finally finish it off.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+++++++
Another great episode with a giant reveal. It's looking like there might be a cure.

Also, in World Beyond, the leader of the Villians made an appearance and there was a cut scene to France at the end that let us know the virus originated there and there are major ties to this series. We might actually see an ending to it all. I was reading up and of all the new series, this one is the one they are planning a handful of seasons. The rest are limited. I wonder if they are sync back up and they do a movie to finally finish it off.
I have been waiting for the "verse" to go there for sometime. I mean, they seemed to make progress in Fear the Walking Dead's final season in that aspect. The reason being is that you could build an entire show around still battling the dead but trying to spread the cure. What happens if the virus then mutates? Still lots of ground to cover.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+++++++

I have been waiting for the "verse" to go there for sometime. I mean, they seemed to make progress in Fear the Walking Dead's final season in that aspect. The reason being is that you could build an entire show around still battling the dead but trying to spread the cure. What happens if the virus then mutates? Still lots of ground to cover.
100%!

I know there are a few more FTWD, but I'll read the recaps. Such a crap fest! I'd love to see your vision of a new world.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we found out how he ended up in France. Plus, another Rick hint.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting ending to the last episode..... definitely leaves one salivating for season 2!!!
This show is amazing! I'm so bummed it's over already and until we only have the last of the crap far of FTWD until "The Ones Who Live" premiers in the Spring.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is amazing! I'm so bummed it's over already and until we only have the last of the crap far of FTWD until "The Ones Who Live" premiers in the Spring.
I think I read that The Ones Who Live" with Rick and Michone premiers in February.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 2 has more Carol!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media