Will be updating ASFN forum software.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I am in the Cards forum and looked through the Cam Akers injury thread and it finally hit me...... We only get 15 posts per page?

OMG do I need the higher post count per page. PLEASE @Shaggy

More than a favicon
More than the arrow buttons.
And way more than the Watched forums.

15 posts per page is sooooooooo bad.
Edit*** - It's an addon that requires rights that I don't have. And there is a fee for it.

The platform changed for vBulleting to xenForo and there are inherent things that xF doesn't have as a default like vB did. But on the whole, xF is more stable, reliable, robust, and secure.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the mobile view wouldn't crash each time you back up to the main forum page it would be cool

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the mobile view wouldn't crash each time you back up to the main forum page it would be cool
What platform and browser are you using? The mobile view never crashes for me even when going to the main page. I use it daily.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What platform and browser are you using? The mobile view never crashes for me even when going to the main page. I use it daily.
Chrome/android. Say I am in the football forum and then I hit the back button to go to all of the forums, every time I just get a red X. I have seen others mention it before too.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrome/android. Say I am in the football forum and then I hit the back button to go to all of the forums, every time I just get a red X. I have seen others mention it before too.
Must be an Android thing. I just tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari on my iPhone just to see. It doesn't crash on any of them. Also tried my iPad to see if I could replicate there and the same. No crashes.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Back out of a thread, good to go. Back out to forums list, I get this. Then I have to refresh.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Back out of a thread, good to go. Back out to forums list, I get this. Then I have to refresh.
I have an iPhone but when I get the red X I hit refresh and it resolves the problem. Not sure why that doesn’t work for Androids

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe try Firefox or something. Sounds like browser stuff.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone but when I get the red X I hit refresh and it resolves the problem. Not sure why that doesn’t work for Androids
Lol I said I refresh in the post you quoted. I was saying not having to refresh would be nice.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe try Firefox or something. Sounds like browser stuff.
It has to be either the Android platform or that Android version of Firefox. Firefox works find on iOS and doesn't do that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe some folks have default setting to block images? I know years ago Chrome started marking unencrypted sites with an X but not sure that's it. Not sure if this will help with those having the issue but worth a try to change image settings.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After this last update, I am missing the three dot "refresh" column that was located on the upper right part of the page. My device is a Samsung S22+. It can be seen in the screen shot of post 184.

Now, my only option to refresh the page, which I do quite often, is to scroll all the way to the top of the page, then slide downwards.

Do the missing 3 dots refresher have to do with the new latest update, or my phone software?

Thx.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After this last update, I am missing the three dot "refresh" column that was located on the upper right part of the page. My device is a Samsung S22+. It can be seen in the screen shot of post 184.

Now, my only option to refresh the page, which I do quite often, is to scroll all the way to the top of the page, then slide downwards.

Do the missing 3 dots refresher have to do with the new latest update, or my phone software?

Thx.

I'm not sure. Let's bring in the experts: @Shaggy @jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thx.
It's a Chrome update that did this, not the Forum.