Will be updating ASFN forum software.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry, but Tapatalk will no longer be available here. Just got tired of dealing with them. I know alot of you really liked using them, but they have been a hassle for me over the years and ever since the conversion over to Xenforo(from vBulletin), TT hasn't been needed. The reason I installed it in the first place was that vBulletin was horrible at being mobile friendly. Now that XF has a responsive look that will fit in all screen sizes, TT wasn't needed anymore.
What is Xenforo? I really liked Tapatalk and spent days trying to figure out why it’s not working anymore.

Is Xenforo an app like Tapatalk? I find it difficult to read ASFN via a browser

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***** (b a l l s) is also a bad word.

When checking/removing words, you might want to try checking the plural version. I know ball was fixed but since b a l l s isn't, that could be issue elsewhere.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is Xenforo? I really liked Tapatalk and spent days trying to figure out why it’s not working anymore.

Is Xenforo an app like Tapatalk? I find it difficult to read ASFN via a browser
Xenforo is the software platform that the site runs on.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- .... . / .-.. .- -. --. ..- .- --. . / ..-. .. .-.. - . .-. / ... ..- -.-. -.- ...

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OK, I randomly get the posted sceenshot. I don't know what causes it. But, I generally have to back all the way out of the forum and go back into it. This happens on my android phone (don't use the computer).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210707-101713.png
    Screenshot_20210707-101713.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
@Shaggy - please just dump the entire word filter and add manually the dozen or so words that need filtering.
It's now easier to just remove the ones that come up. Not that big of a deal. Just will take a week or so to get it correct.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
OK, I randomly get the posted sceenshot. I don't know what causes it. But, I generally have to back all the way out of the forum and go back into it. This happens on my android phone (don't use the computer).
I've noticed that to, but just hit refresh and the site loads. Looking into that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is viewing ASFN on an iPhone only available through a browser?

Will there be an app to replace Tapatalk?
There are other apps like Tapatalk out there but I found most of them really crappy. Sounds like only through a browser. Which means you will have to rely on email notifications on iPhone. Unless, someone knows of a good Tapatalk replacement that actually works. I have not run across one.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Happens on the computer, too. A refresh fixes it, but it's a bit odd.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Why not just take George Carlin's list and use those as the banned words? You have good moderators, the language filter can be adjusted as you go. Seems like this was done a bit backward.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are other apps like Tapatalk out there but I found most of them really crappy. Sounds like only through a browser. Which means you will have to rely on email notifications on iPhone. Unless, someone knows of a good Tapatalk replacement that actually works. I have not run across one.
RIP

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Shaggy this is something that needs tweaking. P+R Posts are not showing up in the New Post listings.

Why do threads in P&R not show up when you hit the New Posts button?
I think I found the correct node and added P+R in for New Posts. I think it will have to populate after adding the node, meaning it isn't retroactive.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The word K I L L shouldn't be censored, IMO.

**** the clock, **** a possession.

Few variations are allowed like kills, killer, and killed but k I l l isn't allowed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose