Will be updating ASFN forum software.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a new post button when you’re in a thread instead of the two Step process you have now

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got all cranky that I was signed out and everything was different. "Why weren't we warned?" I wondered. Well, we were, right here lol

I dunno. I loved the old format and hope things haven't changed. I'm very much an old dog :) I'll give it a shot.
Another definite glitch: currently unable to back space out of a forum and to the main forums list. Doing so gives a black screen with a tiny screen with a red X in the middle. To exit a forum now you have to return to the main forums list by clicking the link again.

But, hey, glitches are to be expected. They'll get fixed. Not like the update has crashed the board or anything :)

Stout what device and browser are you using? My notifications are clearing and I am able to go back with no issues.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To clarify, the thread color of "Latest posts" is too similar to the light page preference. It's blue on blue.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its also harder to tell what forums have new posts and what do not as the font change is very subtle

This. I'm color blind and it is very difficult for me to differentiate the two.... Dark mode for me.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Firefox at home (where I had the notification problem only) and Edge at work (where I had both problems).
Weird. I use both of those browsers as well and neither of those things are happening to me on either one. You might want to try clearing your cache on both browsers.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is a new version of the forum software ASFN is running on. The new version will be installed in the next few days. There will be some differences with it and will be some new learning curves with it as well.

The theme(look) needs to be updated as well. It will still have the same look but also needed to be redone with this new update.

I know some will not like it right off the bat, but please give it some time.
Me likey - new format is less of a memory hog.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
This. I'm color blind and it is very difficult for me to differentiate the two.... Dark mode for me.
I'm having a tough time with these color options. The light mode is basically unusable, extremely hard to read. The dark mode is just a gloomy mess and the contrast makes my eyes water, but at least it is readable so it beats the light blue.

The user names font color for non-contributors is black, so you can't read it against a black background, lol. Not sure all this was thought through very well. I hope I can get used to it because for now it's rather uncomfortable on the eyes.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a tough time with these color options. The light mode is basically unusable, extremely hard to read. The dark mode is just a gloomy mess and the contrast makes my eyes water, but at least it is readable so it beats the light blue.

The user names font color for non-contributors is black, so you can't read it against a black background, lol. Not sure all this was thought through very well. I hope I can get used to it because for now it's rather uncomfortable on the eyes.
more customization options would be nice. I didnt notice not being able to read usernames until now. should be white or blue IMO

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new shell isn't responding to me very well either. I'm on a 40 Mbps line and everything else works well.... This site is devinetley sluggish for me.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new shell isn't responding to me very well either. I'm on a 40 Mbps line and everything else works well.... This site is devinetley sluggish for me.
The site BEFORE the upgrade was sluggish for me for a few days. Kept getting random errors. I think that problem started before the upgrade. It's actually running a bit better for me since the upgrade. This new version is lighter on the memory load and cpu cycles for me.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It appears the font color for usernames has been fixed on dark mode. I'm seeing everyone as white now, except staff members are red. Contributers have a banner under their name and avatar but are also white.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All we need is more emojis and a built in GIF tool. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like the updated look. I had a question though. On the old layout I could set how many posts showed on each page. I can't seem to find that anymore. Is that something that's gone away or will it be added in time?

Its an add on that need to be installed. When I did it on another site of mine, it broke the site, so working on getting one that works and will install it soon.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
It appears the font color for usernames has been fixed on dark mode. I'm seeing everyone as white now, except staff members are red. Contributers have a banner under their name and avatar but are also white.
Nice, much better!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Another definite glitch: currently unable to back space out of a forum and to the main forums list. Doing so gives a black screen with a tiny screen with a red X in the middle. To exit a forum now you have to return to the main forums list by clicking the link again.

But, hey, glitches are to be expected. They'll get fixed. Not like the update has crashed the board or anything :)

Not sure what you mean. How do you back space out?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose