Will Anderson Jr is that rare prospect who checks all the boxes.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
You know this how? All I'm saying is they are in the best situation to draft him.
I know this the same way you know your Cardinal opinions; I follow the team and message boards. Richardson does not fit their future plans and is not the type of quarterback that can run the offense that the Lions run. I would not be surprised if they pick a quarterback in the later rounds.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I know this the same way you know your Cardinal opinions; I follow the team and message boards. Richardson does not fit their future plans and is not the type of quarterback that can run the offense that the Lions run.
Don't know if I agree with this. Goff had a good year, but he has been so up and down that they have to know they can't rely on him.

Richardson can run any offense if he develops.

Anderson isn't a fit for every team. 4-3 teams aren't going to be as crazy about him.
I would not be surprised if they pick a quarterback in the later rounds.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't know if I agree with this. Goff had a good year, but he has been so up and down that they have to know they can't rely on him.

Richardson can run any offense if he develops.

Anderson isn't a fit for every team. 4-3 teams aren't going to be as crazy about him.
Has he been up and down though? I feel like the book on him is that he’s so steady providing consistently B- quarterback play that it drove McVay crazy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Elite pass-rusher checks every box except the burst & bend boxes. He’s not an elite prospect but getting him at 4 and picking up 35 would be a successful first rd.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know this how? All I'm saying is they are in the best situation to draft him.

I think the Lions think they have a shot at making a run this year.

I think they want to add 2 studs in round 1. Not a QB that's going to sit a year or 2 and add nothing to this year.

I think they view Goff as a Jimmy G type QB that is good enough with the right talent around him.

It's the draft so who knows, but it would surprise me a great deal.

I think they take Carter at #6 and whichever TE they like most at #18. Then CB and Safety in round 2.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The news always rights itself the closer we get to the draft......

Or, he could be laying the groundwork to quiet the fans who don't want anything to do with Carter.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If we stay at 3 and it's anyone other than Anderson I give up. Unless the Texans take him of course.

Barring a trade down (might not have the demand) - who would everyone take if Anderson is gone and we have to make the pick?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barring a trade down (might not have the demand) - who would everyone take if Anderson is gone and we have to make the pick?

Thankfully I can't see that being possible. If Anderson is gone then Stroud, Richardson and Levis are on the board and the phone should be ringing off the hook.

The dumbest timeline is Young and Stroud are gone,Monti decides to stick and takes Wilson leaving Anderson to the chicks and "I can't believe we took Wilson over Anderson" becomes our new catchphrase.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Thankfully I can't see that being possible. If Anderson is gone then Stroud, Richardson and Levis are on the board and the phone should be ringing off the hook.

The dumbest timeline is Young and Stroud are gone,Monti decides to stick and takes Wilson leaving Anderson to the chicks and "I can't believe we took Wilson over Anderson" becomes our new catchphrase.

Play along - who would you take though (in that scenario)?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Play along - who would you take though (in that scenario)?

Bleugh. That's a tough question.

I guess if I had to I'd have to pick Carter. He's the only talent worthy of that pick. The consensus seems to be if he gets past 6 he isn't getting past 10. If he's good enough for them I'd have to take that risk. Anyone else feels over drafted.

Outside that Gonzalez or Skoronski.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I guess if I had to I'd have to pick Carter. He's the only talent worthy of that pick. The consensus seems to be if he gets past 6 he isn't getting past 10. If he's good enough for them I'd have to take that risk. Anyone else feels over drafted.

Agreed. It's a really tough slot if you can't trade down (and Anderson is gone).

You almost have to take Carter.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Just say no to DTs who don't work when they don't have to. Built in bust potential.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wilson, Weatherspoon, Gonzalez, Van Ness, Bresee.
All tier B. Nothing wrong with it, and by no means safe either. Just disappointing at pick 3 when a clearly superior player is available. Like.... Game tape superiority.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Lions think they have a shot at making a run this year.

I think they want to add 2 studs in round 1. Not a QB that's going to sit a year or 2 and add nothing to this year.

I think they view Goff as a Jimmy G type QB that is good enough with the right talent around him.

It's the draft so who knows, but it would surprise me a great deal.

I think they take Carter at #6 and whichever TE they like most at #18. Then CB and Safety in round 2.
I agree with most of this but Goff >>>Jimmy G and they aren’t taking Carter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose