why the love fest for Bowling For Columbine?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just rented and watched this. I have heard many people say how superb it was :shrug: could someone please tell me why?

Frankly it bored me to tears. Moore once again sensationalized some stuff. Someone? Anyone?

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
???? I know there are some lovers out there of this movie???

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I saw it and thought it was good. It's a documentary, so you have to assume that it will be slower than a "Hollywood" film.

He brought up some good points about violence in America, and didn't blame it all on the gun industry. I was raised with loaded hand guns in the house and think that hand guns should be legal. Although it probably wasn't smart for my dad to have a loaded gun in the house, he was at least smart enough to have the whole family go through the NRA training, and none of us ever thought about playing with his guns.

I really don't agree with Moore, but I thought he put together a good arguement and interviewed some interesting people. I thought the Canadian portion of the film was funny.

I'm in the education field, so maybe I have a little more interest in teenagers, violence, and bad parenting than the average person.

Without sounding like a prude, I think the media is to blame. They take no responsiblity for what they air, and the news would rather tell us about people dying than people doing volunteer work or helping the elderly. We are a nation that feeds on fear, and the media exploits that, which is pathetic.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite parts of this movie was his interview of Marilyn Manson. I'm not a big fan of Manson's music but he is a pretty smart guy.

Hordispack

Veteran
Reaction score
I have issues with the use of the word "documentary". Moore makes some good points but he also plays fast and loose with the truth on occassion.
Did anyone see the article in the republic Sunday regarding misinformation in Farenheit 9-11? :(

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I just rented and watched this. I have heard many people say how superb it was :shrug: could someone please tell me why?

Frankly it bored me to tears. Moore once again sensationalized some stuff. Someone? Anyone?

i agree with you shane...i like moore's earlier movies but i wasn't that impressed with bowling. maybe it's becouse i kept hearing how good it was so i expected too much.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
For a movie that bored you to tears you sure spent a lot of time doing research on it.

;)

didnt take hardly any time at all :D

sorry that you think something that is full of lies and tries to pass them off as fact is good cinema :shrug:

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
offset said:
i agree with you shane...i like moore's earlier movies but i wasn't that impressed with bowling. maybe it's becouse i kept hearing how good it was so i expected too much.
:thumbup:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you guys are missing the whole point of the movie. Yes you have to take a lot of what Moore has to say with a grain of salt. Moore has always been known to strecth the truth. However if you can get past that, his movies are thought provoking and often raise important issues.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it and loved the movie. I do not understand how you could not enjoy the movie, it probably had to have caused you a little to think outside of the box and question somethings.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
I really enjoyed it and loved the movie. I do not understand how you could not enjoy the movie, it probably had to have caused you a little to think outside of the box and question somethings.

All it did was make me think of how much Moore lies and stretches the truth to suit his opinions.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Shane H said:
sorry that you think something that is full of lies and tries to pass them off as fact is good cinema :shrug:

Perhaps you viewed the film with a pre-conceived negative bias which affected your enjoyment of the film. But at least you bothered to see it :thumbup:

I thought it was a very entertaining flick. There is really nothing else out there like it.

Last edited: