Why not Manziel?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it ....is...in....CANADA

I was half asleep for the previous post...I thought it was clear.

And, again... what's the problem?

Canada is home to the Raptors, Blue Jays, 7 NHL teams, major league soccer and, as said, half of the players in the CFL are Americans.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Canada is home to the Raptors, Blue Jays, 7 NHL teams, major league soccer and, as said, half of the players in the CFL are Americans.

Johnny football is all about the pub. The CFL gets exactly zero coverage in the United States

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the problem is,... the cfl is in canada.... thats a pretty big issue
Remember when it wasn't?

You must be registered for see images attach

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

the who?? and the who dats??

Canada suxx ass...... on one hand you have "play in canada and maybe get a shot in the nfl at some point"... then on the other hand..."finally grow up, and just go get a job selling insurance or building houses"

most guys would just go get a real job.... but hey, it worked for Doug Flutie right?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Canada suxx ass...... on one hand you have "play in canada and maybe get a shot in the nfl at some point"... then on the other hand..."finally grow up, and just go get a job selling insurance or building houses"

most guys would just go get a real job.... but hey, it worked for Doug Flutie right?

So one of the richest, safest, most livable countries in the world, populated by friendly outgoing people 'suxx ass.' ?

Unbelievably moronic!

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It worked for Joe Theismann, Warren Moon, Jeff Garcia, and Doug Flutie. Add Cameron Wake and Brandon Browner too.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love Canada, spent half my youth there.... If I loved cold weather, and Canada picked up 99% of our defense budget, I bet I could learn to love freezing my azz off again.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The problems with Manziel are all personality based. Do you bank on him as a person? I certainly wouldn't, zebras can't change their stripes.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, who hates Canada? I've never even heard of that being a thing. Did a Mountie raid your grandparents' farm or something?

I like their healthcare system... everyone gets it... but that is a different subject.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
LOL, who hates Canada? I've never even heard of that being a thing. Did a Mountie raid your grandparents' farm or something?

went to kaybeck city I think it was,...back in 1985/86...for a joint new year celebration between canada and the US.... being young I was required to wear my dress blues when off the boat. I spent two days there. Had people calling me "warmonger" the whole time,...about 7 or 8 people threw their drinks at me...beer,...soda..... and I was spit on four times in that two days.
Canadians fail to realize they can live in peace because they share three thousand miles of border with us...otherwise they would have been Russian long ago. But everyone knows they are our ugly lil ******** step brother so nobody picks fights with them.

plus I really hate the cold.

and,... Justin beiber,... they did that...
RUSH, Shania Twain and Bryan Adams cant make up for a single Beiber

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
went to kaybeck city I think it was,...back in 1985/86...for a joint new year celebration between canada and the US.... being young I was required to wear my dress blues when off the boat. I spent two days there. Had people calling me "warmonger" the whole time,...about 7 or 8 people threw their drinks at me...beer,...soda..... and I was spit on four times in that two days.
Canadians fail to realize they can live in peace because they share three thousand miles of border with us...otherwise they would have been Russian long ago. But everyone knows they are our ugly lil ******** step brother so nobody picks fights with them.

plus I really hate the cold.

and,... Justin beiber,... they did that...
RUSH, Shania Twain and Bryan Adams cant make up for a single Beiber

It's Quebec City and I call ******** to the rest of your diatribe.

I was in QC in early 1985 as my government's observer of the Reagan summit with Canada and the protests were minor and by the usual suspects.

I doubt that 'warmonger' was a term used in a city where French is the language of 99% of the citizenry.

If, big if, you were treated as described and took it, you're a wuss

And those retards of the north have the highest percentage of college and university grads in the world, considerably higher than the US.

Last edited:

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hamilton is a football town, and the CFL generally isn’t a place for divas. It is a place where comebacks are celebrated, though: if Manziel plays with passion but without drama, a pretty proud fanbase may well adopt him.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Didn't know June Jones was in the CFL. Not sure what kind of overall HC he is but the ex-NFL QB, ex-HC of the Hawaii Warriors has coached some pretty good offenses. Seems to have a QB friendly system.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hamilton is a football town, and the CFL generally isn’t a place for divas. It is a place where comebacks are celebrated, though: if Manziel plays with passion but without drama, a pretty proud fanbase may well adopt him.

And I still remember.....

No one else, and I mean NO ONE, lit up Nick Saban's defense at Alabama twice like Johnny Football did. Yes, he is deservedly ridiculed and despised by the NFL for what happened in Cleveland. But man, that kid COULD play.

Wellthatsjustfine

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And I still remember.....

No one else, and I mean NO ONE, lit up Nick Saban's defense at Alabama twice like Johnny Football did. Yes, he is deservedly ridiculed and despised by the NFL for what happened in Cleveland. But man, that kid COULD play.
While I agree with your sentiments, Watson looked pretty damn good against them too.

Wellthatsjustfine

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's Quebec City and I call ******** to the rest of your diatribe.

I was in QC in early 1985 as my government's observer of the Reagan summit with Canada and the protests were minor and by the usual suspects.

I doubt that 'warmonger' was a term used in a city where French is the language of 99% of the citizenry.

If, big if, you were treated as described and took it, you're a wuss

And those retards of the north have the highest percentage of college and university grads in the world, considerably higher than the US.
I don’t have time to point out everything wrong with this and I got banned for almost a month for disagreeing with someone for the first time ever on this site right after the draft. With that said, much of what you wrote is poo. The “kaybeck city thing was funny but there was a ton of undeniable truth in other things he said.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t have time to point out everything wrong with this and I got banned for almost a month for disagreeing with someone for the first time ever on this site right after the draft. With that said, much of what you wrote is poo. The “kaybeck city thing was funny but there was a ton of undeniable truth in other things he said.

I noticed you're 33, according to your registration. What's undeniably true is that you were at most a one-year-old at the time of this alleged confrontation in QC. I was there; you weren't. Thankfully, as you don't have the time, you'll spare us all from all you know about Quebec, Canada, etc., etc., etc. ad nauseam.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The ‘you’d be speaking Russian if it weren’t for us’ is a sore point for people whose parents and grandparents were at war years before the U.S. entered on a couple of occasions, for example. And the Quebecois who fought already felt patronized in Canada. But there is also a lot of knee-jerk anti-Americanism directed at innocent visitors, too. What I’d suggest to anyone who had a bad couple of days in Quebec City or Montreal is, seriously, go again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard