Why is Monty Beisel starting at LB ?

PrescottLooie

Registered
Reaction score
Why is Monty Beisel starting at LB This guy was outta football when we signed him. What happened to the LB's we drafted the last couple of years - please tell me they're at least equal to this guy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Isn't Beisel playing in the middle? Orlando Huff's too small to play in the middle. We cut the guy from Oklahoma who didn't work out. And our usual backup at that position (James Darling) is on IR.

The other two guys we drafted were SLBs, and that position's on lockdown thanks to Karlos Dansby.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is Monty Beisel starting at LB ?
He's the next guy on the depth chart behind Hayes (who's listed as questionable due to his ribs).

So if not Beisel, who? Blackstock? Make A-Dub the MLB?

Tell you what - the Hayes injury should convince us all pencil in "quality MLB depth" as an additional team need.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Q can play MLB from the sidelines in spirit. He'll channel the spirit of the Quan.

You must be registered for see images

Wildfire

Registered
Reaction score
Was watching the game at my local sports bar and all I kept seeing was #52 making tackles and around the ball.

When I got home I wanted to know who this guy is and where did he come from.

Got my answer as soon as I signed on, and I agree, he's looked really good today and may be a player to look for in the future as MLB.

Good pick up, in my book, if today was any indication of his ability.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
After Sunday, I've penciled in "full Monte" as Huff's replacement next season. :)

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I liked the guy. He has spunk.

Still dont want him as a starter though, but he is one of those Backup/rotational LB's that every team should have. Could be an offseason priority to re-sign and let Darling walk via FA. A younger more athletic version of Darling.

Twist18

Registered
Reaction score
If Hayes is ready Sunday, Beisel might be better against LT than Huff. He showed good fundamentals tackling.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Early 2004 Beisel was considered to be one of greatest steals for Chiefs. His production then fell off significantly and the Chiefs let him go.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Early 2004 Beisel was considered to be one of greatest steals for Chiefs. His production then fell off significantly and the Chiefs let him go.

Maybe it just took him a while to find his footing, a la B.Berry. One game does not a player make though.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The guy is a keeper. He seemed to be the 'spy' on Frank Gore and followed him around all day.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beisel led the team in (assisted and unassisted) tackles vs. SF with 8. (Next nearest Cardinal dude had either 4 or 5).

MLB is one of those collision positions where you'd better have some depth during the course of a season. Beisel may not have the sideline-to-sideline range of an Urlacher, but he eats lugbolts for breakfast, and that's what you need at the position. He and Hayes at MLB gives us better toughness and depth there than we've had in a long time. I'd still love for us to add a youngster to provide even more depth at Mike.